Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If there was an Ebola vaccine, would you take it?
Yes, I'd be one of the first to get a vaccine. Better safe than sorry. 41 11.20%
If it came to my region, then yes, I'd get vaccinated. 67 18.31%
Too soon, but I wouldn't rule it out in the future. 192 52.46%
Rush-to-market vaccines are dangerous. No way would I get a vaccine. 77 21.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 11:21 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
You've got to be kidding me.

I swear to god America is, for all intents and purposes, a ****ing third world country.

Thanks Obama. We're getting the 'change' you promised!
What does obama have to do with ebola
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 11:24 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Y'all are getting a little too paranoid with your conspiracy theories.
I'm sorry, but something has got to be going on. I just can't fathom the sheer negligence and ignorance.

I wonder if they're secretly afraid they'll be exposed to airborne ebola if they actually yanked their heads out their asses and got some fresh air.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:26 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I know, I think I may have been the first to suggest that on this specific thread. It irritates me that we've let the genie out of the bottle so much that now people will be panicking at the first symptom of the run of the mill cold or flu this year. Hospitals will be overwhelmed.
Taking the flu vaccine can reduce the risk of getting influenza, and, until the Ebola mess is resolved, it behooves us all to take it. Every flu case prevented is one less potential patient in the ER to triage.

Even if travel from the source countries is not banned, Americans should not be going there without an extraordinarily compelling reason.

Flu symptoms and no history of travel to Africa should prevent an ER from over-reacting if the patient is an American citizen.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:39 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I know, I think I may have been the first to suggest that on this specific thread. It irritates me that we've let the genie out of the bottle so much that now people will be panicking at the first symptom of the run of the mill cold or flu this year. Hospitals will be overwhelmed.
I think it's already started. I've been pretty sick this week, with an odd combination of gastric and respiratory symptoms, and the usual things like rest and hydration weren't having much effect. So I called my doctor on Tuesday to see if they had any ideas, thinking that maybe there was some new bug going around the area that they might have some suggestions for.

I wasn't expecting much - maybe something along the lines of, "Oh, yeah, been seeing a lot of that lately. Try such-and-such for the cough, and this one usually runs its course in about 6 to 10 days." Instead, I got about a 10-minute breakdown on the differences between respiratory and gastrointestinal viruses, recommendations for fluids and solid foods, and a lengthy list of over-the-counter things to try. I was surprised, because I've never gotten that kind of detail on a simple phone call to the doctor's office. The nurse said, "well, we just want to make sure we cover everything on the phone, because we don't want you to come in. We're full of people who think they have ebola or entovirus."

Think it's going to be a long winter for medical providers this year...

Old 10-03-2014, 11:52 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What does obama have to do with ebola
Obama refuses to restrict entry to the US from affected nations.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:08 AM

372 posts, read 599,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Being paranoid is no way to live life so why choose to live in fear. Live your life and be happy without worrying about the unknown.

Paranoid was not that right word. I meant people should be aware and prepared. The CDC & government keep on telling they have control, they have yet to prove that. If we had it under control that man in Dallas would not even be allowed in the country.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:19 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Why?
obama is loving this, he loves nothing more than dead American's. It expedients his cause..

Old 10-04-2014, 12:29 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Last night when I was in Orlando, I saw a guy behind me in the movie theater that looked like he had Ebola so I went and saw another movie instead but not before I heard him talking about his visit to Disney World earlier in the day.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:58 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Could this be the start of the zombie apocalypse?

Old 10-04-2014, 01:10 AM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatic View Post
And if any of those fluids get on a surface or everyday object and you come in contact with it, you are exposed and now at risk. People in hazmat suits are getting infected. Not highly contagious my ass.
Unless the material is fresh, the risk from touching surfaces is low.

People in protective gear are probably getting infected during the process of removing it, not because the gear failed to protect them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events