Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 09:18 AM

3,839 posts, read 3,065,361 times

Advertisements

How many FBI agents is Holder going to send to OK to investigate?

Old 09-27-2014, 10:14 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,267,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Leave religion out of it. I used to be a Muslim and would never kill anyone. I know plenty of Muslims that are peaceful and would never dream of killing anyone. Just like Christians - there may be Christians inflicting terror and death, but most are peaceful and want to live life the best they can. Goes for any belief, really.

This man was just a psycho... an angry, deranged psycho who was fired and was lashing out. I do agree that a death sentence needs to be brought upon him.
YEs! And he had just been released from prison for prior assaults, and yet the CEO of this company, same guy that shot him, thought it was a good idea to hire him.

He was a whack job.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:19 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,103,944 times
The hero needs a better shot!

Old 09-27-2014, 10:29 AM

656 posts, read 1,340,947 times
If I had a Dollar for every time I wanted to do that to one of my coworkers. And I don't need religion to have those sentiments, either.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:31 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
No, it's an issue of religion. Religious fanatics. This is not about "getting back at everyone". It's about manipulating religion and having a perverting the religion with a fanatical view. Unfortunately Islamic militant extremism is widespread. Not "a few loser psychos". Sure, maybe this one guy is nuts. Who knows. But it's widespread in the middle east and definitely about religion.

30,000(number of Isis fighters) is a lot of people to have a mental illness issue. Never mind all the public support for them. They hold territory and have widespread support. Then you have Hamas who kidnaps and kills Israeli teenagers as well as indiscriminately shooting rockets into civilian areas. They simply don't make videos because their propoganda war is different.

Try walking down the street and being openly Jewish or openly gay and see what happens to you. Many of the people in this regions are religious fanatics. They stone women to death for premarital sex. Let's get real. It's all about religious fanaticism. Denying extreme fundamentalist Islamic beliefs as a root cause of all this is insane.
I just don't agree that this man killed his co-worker for religious reasons, there is no evidence to point to that at all.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:32 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mire View Post
If I had a Dollar for every time I wanted to do that to one of my coworkers. And I don't need religion to have those sentiments, either.
That is pretty sick.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:33 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I just don't agree that this man killed his co-worker for religious reasons, there is no evidence to point to that at all.
The man was allegedly fired for arguments with co-workers supporting the stoning of females.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:50 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,863,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Leave religion out of it. I used to be a Muslim and would never kill anyone. I know plenty of Muslims that are peaceful and would never dream of killing anyone. Just like Christians - there may be Christians inflicting terror and death, but most are peaceful and want to live life the best they can. Goes for any belief, really.

This man was just a psycho... an angry, deranged psycho who was fired and was lashing out. I do agree that a death sentence needs to be brought upon him.
You do understand don't you Jessx that if you "used to be a Muslim..." you would be marked for death along with other infidels?

We have been killing the wrong people in our war on terror. The ones we should target are the teachers that brainwash young Muslims into believing they will enter Heaven for killing "infidels". Bombing members of ISIS is not going to stop anything as long as NEW recruits are indoctrinated by the ones behind the scenes. Target the Mosques where these radicals gather.
GL2

Old 09-27-2014, 10:51 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Yes progressiveness is the key. Just look what the new Pope has been preaching. It's all about peace.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying all Muslims are like this. There are peaceful Muslims. Just that a lot are extreme(not a small percentage either) and it's clearly a MAJOR problem in the middle east and to deny this is being disingenuous. The Muslim world in the middle east needs to be transformed into something more tolerant of others. They need to join the modern world and stop with these extreme violent fundamentalist views. If not, war will be non stop there forever.
The problem is that it's the mission of these Muslim extremists, their reason for being, to wipe out the modern world, and restore their caliphate, where sharia law is the law of the land, and all infidels ( anyone who doesn't subscribe to their particular brand of Islam) are wiped out. There is no meeting ground with these extremists, no pacifying them, or even trying to live in peace side by side with them ( ask Israel about that one). It's destroy them or be destroyed....

Old 09-27-2014, 10:53 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
How many FBI agents is Holder going to send to OK to investigate?
Does the Fort Hood "workplace violence" incident come to mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events