Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:37 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
It's not hatred. It's racism. I think the Confederate States killed more American soldiers during the Civil War than the Mexican Army ever did in the M-A War.
Folks hate the Mexican Flag because they are racist..
Folks hate the Confederate Flag because they are racist..

You might be on to something..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 01:38 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Biscuits View Post
Penyone - Def understand your point. I also think its silly to have a Polish flag in PA (when you're 4th generation American) but certainly their right to do it. Anyhow, as I said earlier I see lots of nationalities flags flying, but usually side by side with or out numbered by the American flag.

Also the Mexican flag is as hated, probably more hated, but most other hispanics. Oddly enough, many Mexicans feel they are "superior" to other latinos, and particularly the Central Americans.

Also just to throw this out there, have any of you been to Latin America? If you have (not cancun or Cabo or any other Gringo filled tourist trap) you would know that the Latinos are the most patriotic people you will ever meet. Doesn't matter which country they're from, they'll will tell you they are they best and you will find their flag on letterhead, grocery bags, all over their houses, every where. Gringos are way less patriotic in general.
Actually, if you had watched the video, you would know that the family had a mexican AND an american flag flying. And as you pointed out above, they certainly have the right to fly it as well. So, what's your problem exactly?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:48 PM

73 posts, read 123,714 times
Video or not, I have been to places in the USA where there is nothing but foreign flags. Try walking around in the Bronx you will see a dozen DR or PR flags before you spot an American one. Nothing but Spanish, along with trash and grime , but we won't go into that here...(also PR's are eligible for gov't assistance and take full advantage of it) yet still seem to Long for PR without much regard to OUR history in America as cohesive society.

I see Italian flags out in front of restaurants and sometimes in old school Italian neighborhoods, but almost always accompanied by an American one. I cannot say the same for the Hispanic neighborhoods I have visited in the USA.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Video or not, I have been to places in the USA where there is nothing but foreign flags. Try walking around in the Bronx you will see a dozen DR or PR flags before you spot an American one. Nothing but Spanish, along with trash and grime , but we won't go into that here...(also PR's are eligible for gov't assistance and take full advantage of it) yet still seem to Long for PR without much regard to OUR history in America as cohesive society.

I see Italian flags out in front of restaurants and sometimes in old school Italian neighborhoods, but almost always accompanied by an American one. I cannot say the same for the Hispanic neighborhoods I have visited in the USA.
Doesn't matter. Stay on topic, this thread is about a woman fired because she confronted a mexican family at their home. Watch the video, then post.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:56 PM

73 posts, read 123,714 times
I already posted on that.

This topic is spinning out of control anyways. People post, people answer and c 'est la vie, fragile'

Old 10-01-2014, 01:58 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:

Also the Mexican flag is as hated, probably more hated, but most other hispanics. Oddly enough, many Mexicans feel they are "superior" to other latinos, and particularly the Central Americans.
Quite true. Iranians have similar attitudes toward Arabs.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:21 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,103,944 times
Quote:
Penyone - Def understand your point. I also think its silly to have a Polish flag in PA (when you're 4th generation American) but certainly their right to do it. Anyhow, as I said earlier I see lots of nationalities flags flying, but usually side by side with or out numbered by the American flag.

Also just to throw this out there, have any of you been to Latin America? If you have (not cancun or Cabo or any other Gringo filled tourist trap) you would know that the Latinos are the most patriotic people you will ever meet. Doesn't matter which country they're from, they'll will tell you they are they best and you will find their flag on letterhead, grocery bags, all over their houses, every where. Gringos are way less patriotic in general.
So...if there was an American flag flying next to this Mexican flag on someone's private property, then what's the problem with this woman? Interesting that the video does not show the American flag. I wonder why she did not include the US flag in her video?

Conclusion, she is a race baiter she-nazi gone wild. There is nothing wrong with someone displaying their pride in their heritage AND their love for their newly adopted country. This is what America is really all about, folks.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:37 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So...if there was an American flag flying next to this Mexican flag on someone's private property, then what's the problem with this woman? Interesting that the video does not show the American flag. I wonder why she did not include the US flag in her video?

Conclusion, she is a race baiter she-nazi gone wild. There is nothing wrong with someone displaying their pride in their heritage AND their love for their newly adopted country. This is what America is really all about, folks.
Oddly enough I saw a photo of this Capps lady and she appeared to be wearing a star of David around her neck.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:55 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Funny but i would bet many posters on here would not have a problem with someone flying the defeated Confederate flag.

That is more offensive (symbolizes racism)

Old 10-02-2014, 06:58 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,009 times
Let's just remember - this act is not liberal/conservative/right-wing/left-wing.....blah blah blah

It's just bigoted and stupid - simple as that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events