Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2014, 03:07 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatic View Post
That is the world we live in today. Risk everything in your life for a night of pleasure. Sex, sex, sex. Morals and decency are being flushed down the toilet. Sexualize TV, sexualize kids, and if you do not agree you are told to get with the times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
My ex-wife actually "dated" one of her teachers when she was in middle school. He was in his 30's at the time, and she was about 14. She remained friends with this dude throughout the duration of our marriage, though she didn't divulge the nature of their relationship until after this ****er had been in my house about three or four times for dinner. She didn't see anything wrong with the friendship or their past sexual history, nor did any of her friends. Sick, huh?
Ummm, except that in my great grandmothers day, a 13 or 14 year old girl would be getting married. Even into the 1970s I think there were states in the South where the AOC was 13 years old. This "they are just children" at 18 is a recent occurrence.

I have ancestors that were serving in armies and navies at age 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J240 View Post
Oh God, that poor boy, I bet he is traumatised, despite the fact he was bragging to his friends.
Are people in the UK really so stupid? This would have been completely legal (ethics aside) in the UK where the age of consent is 16 years old. What is it in crossing the pond that would be so traumatizing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Having sex with a minor is illegal, but sex between two teens is not illegal. Never heard of such law.
Yes, sex between two teens is illegal in CA. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to have sex with anyone, not even another teen. PC 261.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
This 42 year old woman was having sex with 14 year old boys, and was married with 3 kids. Her husband is a dentist. Can you imagine the families shame over this?

Livermore Mom Sentenced 5 Years For Sex With Teen Boys « CBS San Francisco
Laguna Niguel just had the "Hockey Mom" who was sentenced for bedding her sons teammates. (which I think is FAR more fun than hockey moms giving out Gatorade and cookies)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 11:06 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,188,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Of course they do.. Well.. They don't 'tell'.. Most of the time it's bragging.

Every now and again, the parents search a cellphone and find evidence.. But I'd say most of the time, the student brags about it (if a male student) and school staff hears the rumors.
So you don't think the girl students brag to their friends when doing it with a male teacher?

Old 10-06-2014, 01:40 AM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,969 times
There are hardly any male teachers anymore.

Maybe if there were, the horny teachers would be banging them instead of the students.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:42 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,475,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
So you don't think the girl students brag to their friends when doing it with a male teacher?
Reminds me of my studies in Greek mythology... when a woman has sex with a god, she may not brag about it and may even feel shame and humiliation about it. When a man has sex with a goddess, they're terrified. They ask women if they are a goddess, and most certainly don't go around the ancient world bragging, "I scored with a goddess!"

Old 10-06-2014, 09:01 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatic View Post
That is the world we live in today. Risk everything in your life for a night of pleasure. Sex, sex, sex. Morals and decency are being flushed down the toilet. Sexualize TV, sexualize kids, and if you do not agree you are told to get with the times.
I personally knew of three of these HS teacher-student relationships going on around me in the mid-1970s. It seemed less taboo then somehow. I have friends who started dating each other when she was his high school math teacher. They are married with 2 adult kids now.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:22 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
All my teachers were old, mean, ugly, and stupid.

I was young, mean, ugly, and stupid.

We could have made beautiful sex together.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:57 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
In light of the fact that we are now accepting an activity which was forbidden through most of history (homosexuality), is it time we consider lowering the age of consent back to what it was throughout most of history?

Old 10-07-2014, 11:09 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
In light of the fact that we are now accepting an activity which was forbidden through most of history (homosexuality), is it time we consider lowering the age of consent back to what it was throughout most of history?
You think it should be younger than 16?

It's 16 in most states I believe. I know it is in my state.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:55 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You think it should be younger than 16?

It's 16 in most states I believe. I know it is in my state.
It's as high as 18 in some states: Age of consent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-08-2014, 01:06 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It's as high as 18 in some states: Age of consent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I stand corrected. It's 15 in my state, apparently. I didn't see any states that were 18 (the dark green color) but I saw several that were 17 (the lighter green).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events