Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:43 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
You're right.

Every person that's arrested for cannabis possession is "very-negatively effected"by the criminal record that follows them for the rest of their lives.

Another great reason to end the war on drugs. Thanks for bringing that point up

So you honestly don't think there are people who's lives have been very negatively effected by marijuana use.........even excluding criminal-penalties/law enforcement from the equation?????

I am actually for legalization of MJ......but I am also realistic about the implications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 12:20 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
So you honestly don't think there are people who's lives have been very negatively effected by marijuana use.........even excluding criminal-penalties/law enforcement from the equation?????

I am actually for legalization of MJ......but I am also realistic about the implications.
I believe that a very small amount of people who use cannabis experience negative effects that may impact their lives.

The majority of users are negatively effected when they get arrested for possession and they have a criminal record for the rest of their lives.

I'm glad you favor legalization. It's the laws, and not the substance, that causes harm to the majority of people.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:25 AM

927 posts, read 585,638 times
The only war on drugs is the MSM war on drugs.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:28 AM

927 posts, read 585,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
You're right.

Every person that's arrested for cannabis possession is "very-negatively effected"by the criminal record that follows them for the rest of their lives.

Another great reason to end the war on drugs. Thanks for bringing that point up
I think it should still be illegal. Do I think it should still be a felony? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! It needs to be the lowest level misdemeanor that can be paid off quick and won't damage you're career and users are put in minimum security at the most.

Nobody needs to know someone's else's personal drug or drinking habits either unless it involves driving a work utility vehicle on public roads for instance or one of those CAT vehicles and you're caught driving stupid but even then it should still be a misdemeanor if no harm has been done with the vehicle towed at the owners expense.

We are so paranoid about *preventing* someone from being hurt we might as well be afraid to walk out the front door without our own personal police guard.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:24 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,232,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
I have had it with the war on drugs. It has become an excuse for the police to trample on people's rights, seize their property, and injure or kill innocents with impunity.

Philadelphia seizes millions in property with the flimsiest excuse under the war on drugs. A baby had a flash-bang tossed into its crib on a raid based on mistaken location of a supposed drug dealer.

Then we have stupidity like this

Okra mistaken for pot in man

I have a better idea. Why don't we START a war on drugs? And why don't we focus on punishing the cartels and the distributors from the top DOWN. Not from the bottom up.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:29 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
This isn't the first time they've "shot up" innocent citizens in their own homes. Even family pets aren't safe. If I remember correctly, an infant was blinded in one of these raids a few years ago.

Sickening.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:38 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,930,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

The amount of people negatively affected by pot use is so small compared to those that end up just fine. The ones that fall into a hole with pot are the type that are more likely to abuse alcohol or prescription meds, etc. It's really correlation not causation for most. I just recently graduated college and I can tell you how ineffective the law is at stopping pot use or underage drinking. A lot of people smoke or have smoked every once in a while. Yet many are high achievers in class. It's not until you get to the people who have it consume their lives by selling that you run into problems. Some people said it helped them studied by relaxing them and helping them focus. They then wake up the next day and go to class with no hangover. And the vast majority never did anything else. They weren't smoking pot one day and snorting coke the next. I'm not worried about any negative effects because I know that so many people already smoke without incident. Alcohol is way worse anyway.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:04 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Truly disgusting. The DEA should be disbanded and War on "Drugs" ended yesterday!

These IDIOT COPS searched the home for 44 HOURS, desperate to find anything to justify their TERROR and MURDER.

How do people like this even live with themselves?

Old 10-06-2014, 08:21 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
The "war on drugs" is really marijuana which is a herb and should be legal in the first place.

There was momentum during the Carter Administration but that all stopped dead in it's tracks the "just say no" crap. Meanwhile the hypocrite Ronald Reagan let people smoke their cigarettes and regularly held parties inside the White House where hard liquor was in abundunce.

The Marijuana Debate: Healing Herb or Dangerous Drug?

You make a good point in the war on drugs really being a war on weed. Making it a Schedule 1 narcotic when there are other substances more dangerous with a lower designation. Then you have drug tests that are extremely flawed, as it really is only the cannabis users (one of the lesser dangerous of substances) who get caught due to the THC molecules not breaking down or flushing out like other substances.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:40 AM

7 posts, read 7,360 times
The "war on drugs" provides well-paying jobs for thousands of people who otherwise would have to be dog catchers or prison guards. It is also the main support of the "prison/industrial complex". You get the government you deserve. Quit electing statist greed-heads if you want to change anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events