Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 06:57 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Imagine if someone looked at black crime stats and just labeled blacks as thugs and criminals.
You don't really have to use your imagination if you read city-data.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:09 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
While that stuff isn't good, I don't think a few bad apples should spoil the bunch. Imagine if someone looked at black crime stats and just labeled blacks as thugs and criminals. Just a few years ago the ACLU defended the Klan's right to free speech and their desire to adopt a highway. The executive director said the following: "It's clear and understandable that the message of the KKK is offensive and hurtful to many people, but when you cede the power to the state to decide whose speech is objectionable, we give it up,"

So if the KKK has a right to voice their opinions, shouldn't all citizens have a right to hold those opinions if they choose? As long as someone doesn't let their affiliation with the KKK influence how they perform their job, I don't see the problem.
only conservatives would rationalize a kkk member being a cop

Old 10-05-2014, 07:12 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Racism is very much alive. Not sure where anyone gets the idea it is dead. It will never really be dead, no matter what people may do or say.
Of course. I don't think anyone has ever claimed that racism is dead. It's part of our human nature, just as is the propensity to take things that do not belong to us. These are human characteristics we have to recognize in ourselves and fight to overcome.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
But they told me since we have a black president racism over

Old 10-05-2014, 07:35 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
This is so disturbing on so many levels. The officer, his daughter and the mayor should all be prosecuted.

Addicting Info – WV Cop Suspended After KKK Videos Featuring Him And His Teenage Daughter Found
Tell me again who said racism is dead? Please cite your sources.

What's your point? That 100% of the country isn't sane and rational? What about other countries?

Shock.

Did you make posts for Democrats Biden and Reid calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

I hope you spend as much time posting other hate crimes. Where there IS AN ACTUAL CRIME.

What about the hate crimes against Jews that are going on everywhere right now and even by "KKK" members.

Did you post this when it happened? Sorry if it's a duplicate.

Kansas Jewish Center Shooting Suspect Identified as Former KKK Leader

Have you been posting about the SPIKE in Antisemitism going on around the world?

Let me Google that for you

What about this "not-white" cop who shot a unarmed white kid for not putting his hands up right away?

'Justice for Dillon Taylor' sought for white Utah man fatally shot by black officer - Washington Times

Officer's Fatal Shooting Of Unarmed Man Dillon Taylor Was Justified: Prosecutors

What about all the black on white CRIMES? Don't they count if they're not singing a mean song?

Five cases of black on white crime people want on national TV

Old 10-05-2014, 07:38 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Maybe in like.... 1890 when Democrats were a completely different party than today. As were the Republicans.

They "switched" long ago. Please stop and read up on how this happened when you have time. This is not to single out you per se, but it bothers me how few people who post here seem to understand and/or realize this fact.
Maybe you should also read about your Southern Democrats.

The 1st real Republican Govenor in TX was elected around 1980.
The south and many "Red" states did not become Republican until about the time of Reagan.

The KKK has been a Democrat affiliation until very recent times.
No need to go back to 1890 to look at the Racist Democrats.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:41 AM

Horror of Christian/Newsom killings in focus: What happened on Chipman Street - News Sentinel Story

"Two white people, white kids, this (expletive) fixing to get crazy, man, you know what I mean?" Cobbins said.

Quote:
Cobbins would later tell a jury that he promised Christian she would go free if she agreed to oral sex. Forensic proof showed that Christian was orally raped with such force a membrane in her mouth severed.

DNA evidence shows that Davidson raped Christian both vaginally and rectally.

But it is Coleman who authorities suspect delivered brutal blows to Christian's vaginal region, the force of which caused a massive pooling of blood.

At some point, Christian was dragged into the living room, bleach sprayed in her throat.

"She looked terrified," Cobbins told law enforcers.

"They made me go in the back bedroom," Coleman recalled. "When I come back into the kitchen, I seen them tying her up in the fetal position."

Fingerprint evidence shows that it was Davidson and Cobbins who wrapped Christian in trash bags. She was then stuffed alive inside a trash can in the kitchen of the Chipman Street house.

4 Blacks Torture, Kill White Couple - Victoria Jackson

Quote:
According to the testimony of the Knox County Acting Medical Examiner Dr. Darinka Mileusnic-Polchan at the subsequent trial of Eric Boyd, Newsom was repeatedly sodomized with an object and then blindfolded, gagged, arms and feet bound and his head covered. Barefoot, he was dragged outside the house to a set of nearby railroad tracks. He was sexually mutilated, shot in the back of his head, neck and back and his body was then set on fire.

According to the testimony of the medical examiner, Channon’s death came after hours of torture, having suffered injuries to her vagina, anus and mouth. She was raped with an unidentified object and beaten in the head. It was also reported that her body was scrubbed with bleach which was also poured down her throat, in an attempt by her attackers to remove DNA evidence, while Channon was still alive. She was then bound with curtains and strips of bedding, her face covered with a bin liner and her body stashed within five large bin bags, before being placed inside a residential waste disposal unit and covered with sheets. The medical examiner said there was evidence that Channon slowly suffocated to death
Sorry, maybe I missed it.

Was THIS torture and dual murder covered endlessly in the media for six months like other "hate" crimes? IDK, maybe if they were dressed funny and had a special SONG?

Old 10-05-2014, 07:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Of course. I don't think anyone has ever claimed that racism is dead. It's part of our human nature, just as is the propensity to take things that do not belong to us. These are human characteristics we have to recognize in ourselves and fight to overcome.
I do not want to live around blacks.....if that is racist.....so be it.

BTW.......is saying "colored people" the wrong thing to say????

The NAACP needs to change the name of their organization if saying "colored people" is wrong.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums
Maybe in like.... 1890 when Democrats were a completely different party than today. As were the Republicans.

They "switched" long ago. Please stop and read up on how this happened when you have time. This is not to single out you per se, but it bothers me how few people who post here seem to understand and/or realize this fact.
You're off by over a century.

Robert Byrd (D) The longest-serving U.S. Senator, the longest-serving member in the history of the United States Congress.

Quote:
Sen. Byrd, wasn't just a member of the KKK. He was a Klan leader holding titles of "Kleagle" and "Exalted Cyclops." The senator claimed to have left the organization in 1943, but later wrote a letter to the group's grand wizard, saying, quote, "The Klan is needed today more as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia," end quote.

As recently as 2005, in his memoir, Byrd describes the KKK as a fraternal assembly of, quote, "upstanding people," end quote. He was the only senator to vote against both African-American Supreme Court nominees Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas.

He personally filibustered the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964. He opposed President Truman's initiative to integrate the Armed Forces. And he said he would never fight, quote, "with a negro by my side. Rather, I should die 1,000 times than to see this beloved land become degraded by race mongrels," end quote.

He once called Martin Luther King a, quote, "self-seeking rabble- rouser" and even told the FBI he could give a speech condemning King on the floor of the Senate, saying it was time that the civil rights leader, quote, "met his waterloo."

He also once said the writers of the Declaration of Independence did not intend for words "all men created equal" to be taken literally.

Sen. Robert Byrd not only was a KKK member but led his local Klan chapter | The Daily Caller

Strom Thurmond? On December 5, 1996, Thurmond became the oldest serving member of the U.S. Senate, and on May 25, 1997, the longest-serving member (41 years and 10 months), casting his 15,000th vote in September 1998. (WIKI)

Even the Daily KOS is outraged over his racism.

Dear Old Clemson: It's Time To Stop Honoring Racist Strom Thurmond

Old 10-05-2014, 08:52 AM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
This is so disturbing on so many levels. The officer, his daughter and the mayor should all be prosecuted.

Addicting Info – WV Cop Suspended After KKK Videos Featuring Him And His Teenage Daughter Found
First of all one wonders why you would consider it a prosecutable offense to be a member of an organization known for racism/separatism
Second, if you did, does it also equally apply to other organizations where minorities preach power of their own race such as the Black Panthers

My main point is that far too many people now days feel that people with racist attitudes(but that have not committed a crime) should be punished for their views/speech. While many of us might find them abhorrent, it does not mean we should throw out the Constitution to try and punish them for their beliefs.

My secondary point is that far too often now days, people what to point to racism of white people, but give minorities a pass for their racist attitudes. A classic example is so called hate crimes which disproportionally are leveled at whites, while ignoring blatant racism of minorities.

As a general observation of your overall theme, I am afraid that if you believe racism will ever be dead in your lifetime, it is a Utopian dream. On some level racism has been inherent to humans since the dawn of time, and will continue to be.
Birds of a feather flock together. If you look at history you will see that most wars have occurred because of racial/ethnic strife. Even so called religious wars were based more on the ethnic differences of those who worshiped other religions, than the differences in the religion itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr22 View Post
I do not think anyone believes racism is dead anywhere. In Hawaii white people are called 'Haole' as urban legend says "either as an insult or just a fact" personally I have heard it only spoken/written as an insult.

Really Special part of racism, Anyone can be a target of it.
I have a couple Hawaiian friends who are native to the state. While they have never uttered the term Haole around me, I would not consider it racist. Sure the word might generally mean it is racist to some, but to me it would greatly depend on the context. Heck I call myself a Haole sometimes, just as I will refer to myself as a Yank to those across the pond.

In general we have become way too obsessed with name calling, almost like little children. Our parents and certainly our grandparents use to call each other ****, wop, mic, etc. and no one minded.
Heck even a person missing their left arm was nicknamed lefty, but it was said in a way not intended to offend the person.
Now days everyone is so afraid of hurting another persons feelings, we have PC police that try to enforce suppression of thought and speech. Heck most of the PC police I know get offended on behalf of some other race and seem to be conditioned to act that way.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events