Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:30 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times

Advertisements

These stories are so absurd, it is hard to believe.

Heck considering what my teachers did to students like making them stand on their tip toes with the nose in a circle on the chalk board, paddling, wearing a dunce cap in front of the class, etc. and they were never reprimanded(nor did anyone think they should be).
Now the "progressive minded liberals" probably would want the teacher thrown in jail for hurting poor Johnny or Mary's self esteem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 11:23 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why are you linking to a second-hand RT (Russia Today!) report?
Fountain Hills school board fires longtime elementary teacher, Pam Aister - ABC15 Arizona
Here is a follow-up report;
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ills/16632327/
If some finds a link to the hearing officer's report, please post it here, for us all to read.
As for the school board:
http://fountainhillsschools.org/index.cfm?pID=1347
4-1 vote. Dr. Wright voted No on dismissal. Terms of 3 board members end this year. Perhaps the voters will decide to dismiss them.

Last edited by bigjake54; 10-05-2014 at 11:42 PM..

Old 10-05-2014, 11:33 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,188,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
What about the White students who are not only teased, but tormented and threatened in inner city schools? I guess it's not racism if it's against White people. I guess if someone's called a "Gringo" it doesn't matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's not relevant to this story.
And why is it not relevant? Too many people think discrimination goes only one way.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin
The inmates are now running the asylum.

You would expect this in CA but not Arizona. Maybe a teacher can share with us what she was expected to do.
Indeed... Let the bullying continue??

I TELL YA,THERE IS NO HOPE!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2014, 05:24 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times
Sounds like the school board didn't believe her story about the kids using racist slurs, but were in agreement that she told a group of fourth graders to "shut up" and that one of them had an "ugly face."

I think there is a lot more to this than we are being told.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:26 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
And why is it not relevant? Too many people think discrimination goes only one way.
Hey, go start a topic in politics and controversies. You guys can argue about it all you want there.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:46 AM

210 posts, read 246,065 times
Seriously though. If an adult was going to insult a kid I doubt they'd use the phrase "ugly face" to describe them lol.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:14 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
It is so unfathomable to me as to why minorities are racists towards other minority groups.

And at an elementary school, no less.

What a terrible story, all around.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
If there isn't more to this story, the school board needs to be fired for lack of judgement and the teacher should be hired back (or given some compensation for the ridiculousness). What a horrible situation... teachers should never be afraid to stick up for what's right, and they should have the right to tell a child who's talking back to shut up (and in my opinion perhaps use stronger language given the situation). Those 5 children have no idea the harm they have and are doing, and their parents should be ashamed (but like I said, only if there isn't more to this story).

Most news stories like these are sensationalized with key details omitted to help ratings rather than to objectively/clearly/journalistically provide the facts which is why I'm a little reluctant to say this is an open and shut case.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Somewhere around 7th grade is when these kids realize they have the upper hand in the school setting.
Yes, the lunatics are running the asylum. You have Lord of the Flies in some MS and HS environments.

This past summer one small school I work in had 3 parent complaints get raised to a level 3 complaint right to the school board.
While the school board refused to overturn the Principal's decision in all three cases the Principal left the school this year.
She had been there for 15 years and was one of the "good guys" to work for.

And it becomes worse when you work in a high minority population school because everything you do can be viewed as racial discrimination even if the school is 80% minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events