Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 02:48 AM

268 posts, read 344,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
First, Im sorry for that child and his family.

Yes because there is no Meth (or other drug) problems in the rural south, no murders, robberies, rapes, home evasions, domestic violence. I keep hearing people complain about the Meth problem especially in rural areas of the south and why don't the cops do something, then when they do people complain because they did.

So they are suppose to watch the house 24/7 for how long? And how is this going to be paid for, increased taxes for overtime. Im sure someone will take this the wrong way, but my town was flooded by illegal immigrants and many of the houses on my street were rentals. I had no idea who or how many lived in those house or when they came or went, but there were often a different set of people living in a particular house every few weeks. I got up at 2 am once and saw people moving in/out. Never saw them go outside in the day for long enough to know who was living there.

Of course no one wants a crack house next door, no one wants to see drug sales in their backyard, but lets crucify the cops that have nothing to go on except a known drug dealer with a assault and weapons charge, an informants info and judges order.

Next time there is a meth explosion or bad drug deal going down next door, don't call the cops.

I can understand, I would be very upset if that happened to my child but I don't for a minute believe that a drug dealing relative in GA is the only place this family had to go. Community municipalities, churches and other organizations have programs to help families in such situations. No way would I move my family in with a known drug dealing relative who had Mercedes SUV's and thug guards standing at the doors. I mean, really you know that wont end well.

I'm really starting to feel sorry for the cops in general. Seems they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

the cops refuse to purge the unfit from their ranks so they lose respect.every 2 bit town got a swat team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 02:51 AM

268 posts, read 344,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I see a rising fear and outright anger at authority in this country and the front line are the Police. From idiots calling 911 because Mcdonalds was out of Mcnuggets, to real problems like murder. Whatever the problem might be the cops are called to mop up the mess of moral decay and thuggery. Police never know what they will be facing when making a traffic stop or busting down a door to arrest a drug dealing gun running perp. Today the bad guys have all manners of guns and don't hesitate to use them. There is also the fear of terrorist cells. Anything goes nowadays.
It used to be that crime was held to a certain area like the inner cities or seedy sections of towns but now people don't care and the disease has been allowed to spread and get worse. The police need a heavy hand to stop this spread and sadly innocent people get injured and sometimes killed in the pursuit of keeping the peace.
It is easy to criticise what happens when the Police are doing their jobs and a bust goes wrong but what will happen to us the day they stop showing up to clean up the messes from societies disease?

look at this mess "crime held to certain areas" straight racist bs.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:35 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
That post mentioned "inner city" The most dangerous areas. Why is this racist. It is fact.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:18 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Quote:
"crime was held to a certain area like the inner cities or seedy sections of towns"

What's racist about that statement? In places I've lived I can think of poorer sections and many are mixed areas. You've never met any poor whites? They do exist believe me.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:55 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
Because they were also found to have prior weapons convictions and were thought to be armed and dangerous.

To the ridiculous heartbleeding libs (edit: I'm liberal too and think you're being ridiculous!) here: No one believes it's the kid's fault that he was burned and disfigured. We blame his parents for blocking the goddamn door with a playpen thinking it would deter the police from barging in. You wouldn't believe what happened! The police came in anyway! Who would have thought?

And your first reaction is woe is the mother of this child who will now grow up with burn scars on his face because she tried helping herself and her loser baby daddy/whoever he was by blocking the door with the playpen. I would like you to think about this for a moment objectively.

Whenever the terrorists hide behind civilian children and they die, do you say to yourselves, "oh my god, the terrorists did nothing wrong! How dare you go in and attempt to put a stop to it?!"

Please, at least attempt a single logically consistent thought one time in your life. You'd be amazed at how absurd you sound.
Csiko has a good point. Why was the baby in front of the door? Why would you and your other kids be in another room and your toddler sleeping right in front of the thug guarded front door of a drug house.

Quote:
the cops refuse to purge the unfit from their ranks so they lose respect.every 2 bit town got a swat team
Cops are not the ones that do the hiring and firing, it actually can be very political. They are not the ones in charge of making policy or decisions. Cops follow orders like soldiers follow orders. Perhaps we need to court-marshal soldiers for doing their job if any civilians get hurt.

Its easy for us to sit at our cushy jobs, read about an incident after the fact then say those involved should have done this or that and dish out punishment but until one actually is on the spot against unknown adversaries with second hand information with their lives at stake we don't know how we might proceed.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:17 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
I'm beginning to believe some people are happy this baby was severely injured, because it gives them another martyr.

I think for many people, this is strictly a matter of "I hate cops", probably because you, a family member or friend was busted by one.

If you really cared about preventing these abuses, this thread would target policy changes for things like no-knock warrants and not the police following orders and procedures.

If you feel you're getting screwed year after year on taxes, you don't target the tax collector, you target the tax laws.

Quit making this about hating cops and make it about changing bad policies.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:53 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Where I worked there was a group of three that interviewed, all cops. The chief had the final say on who was hired. Why would you think that cops aren't the decision makers in the hiring process? Why would anyone else make the final decision? In really small towns the mayor, all or part of the city council along with the chief act as the interviewers and have a voice in who gets hired. It can be political that I agree on, especially regarding who gets promoted. People that have had some experience in these matters are certainly qualified to question their plan and what happened. Civilians should be asking questions, not rioting, but asking questions and be concerned over the events that took place. There is nothing wrong with that.

Pedro, you don't think people have touched on the problems and need for change? The cops ask for the warrant, the judge doesn't order them to carry it out like the judge is the general and the cops the foot soldiers. Except for maybe one, everybody else that have posted I believe feels very bad about this poor kid. Then you state what you feel "many" or "some" are guilty of but go into no detail yourself reference what you feel are necessary policy changes.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:15 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
People keep blaming the police, but it really isn't all their fault. We are a society of fear since 9/11. That was the turning point. The mass media frenzy and the constant pounding of a fear/shock value media has taken its toll on Americans. We demand to be safe and will overlook police mistakes "for the greater good", or so we think. One must look at the root of this problem, not just the outcome. It mostly started on 9/11 and snowballed into what we have today. A military industrial complex. We were warned many years ago and we finally got there. From Kennedy tripling the US military government spending all the way to today, it has been growing. Now we hire the Iraq solders for police and wonder what that will be like? On top of all this there are TV shows like COPS and a ton of others these policeman watch. That no doubt has an effect as they watch all these extreme cases. It is what it is and isn't going away. Best to just try to enjoy life as best you can. We keep hiring more and more police and they love to walk around and pound their chest after they just watched the Police Most Wildest Videos or whatever COP show they are into.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Of course not.

Because American police in this day and age are more militarized than the military. They have LESS stringent rules of engagement, and can do whatever they want, to whoever they want, whenever they want, with impunity, so long as they are clocked in.

See this blog post: Roots of Liberty: Thoughts on Ferguson, MO.

The problem is not that something like this happened once, or that "MOST ALL cops are good, but the bad ones get the media attention" as the otherwise-big-government-distrusting Right loves to parrot from Breitbart, et. al., but that police in this country are NEVER held accountable for ANYTHING anymore. They are the ground troops of big government tyranny. They are the guys who are sent to beat us into submission to the whimsical authority of tyrannical, dictatorial assclowns like Barack Obama and George Bush, under the guise of "local police" and the supposed sense of accountability that comes with that title.

Yeah right, there are no local police anymore.

Nor is there a bill of rights. The 4th amendment is an archaic relic from a time long since passed.
Wow, you paraphrased a lot of what I have posted in the past. I wouldn't plug Bush's name into anywhere as that is a bit wreckless. Where is Bush at present? Is he legislating laws that condone this???

Keep voting for progressives if you enjoy this kind of police brutality. Home owners should be able to protect themselves from any home invaders; errrant LEO as well. The more liberals want to push gun control, the more of this we will see.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:22 PM

610 posts, read 699,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Wow, you paraphrased a lot of what I have posted in the past. I wouldn't plug Bush's name into anywhere as that is a bit wreckless. Where is Bush at present? Is he legislating laws that condone this???

Keep voting for progressives if you enjoy this kind of police brutality. Home owners should be able to protect themselves from any home invaders; errrant LEO as well. The more liberals want to push gun control, the more of this we will see.
Bush literally CREATED the DHS which funnels these weapons into the hands of local police forces. He is just as responsible for it. That's like saying you can't really fault Lenin for how horrible Stalin was. Just because he was the founder of a dictatorial communist regime, and wasn't the murderous bastard that followed, doesn't make him not equally at fault.

Is Obama worse? Probably. But that doesn't make Bush much better.

AND! Let me add that progressives are no special cohort of freedom-destroyers. Just about every traditional right winger defers to police authority in ALL of these matters. They are the ones that want us to be so "tough on drugs." They're both just as guilty. Vote for the left, or the right, and you're going to bend over and take it either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events