Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:08 PM

656 posts, read 1,340,741 times

Advertisements

Scare tactics. Nothing more. Who the hell could afford to do that, anyhow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 10:21 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
And yeah, "they" don't call it dope. Dope is heroin, meth or coke. Never heard one single person call weed dope...except you. lol
Get over it, everybody calls weed dope.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:27 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
Uh.... what stoner is going to give up THEIR weed-candy to some kids ON halloween? Zero... and i'm sure its way pricier than regular candy too.

I mean, if I had to choose between me getting high, or getting some kids high for free - what do you think i'd choose? I think a lot of people are too selfish to give away free drugs to kids... (at least when they won't get anything out of the deal lol).

Truth. This is why noone stands on the corner GIVING MJ away. Generally anyone paying for it doesn't intend to give it up without getting something in concern. How many small children get jello shots for halloween? This isn't a problem. If it happens to one or two kids it'll be a story. Even if a kid did get a little piece of candy with some pot in it, I doubt they would be seriously hurt. I'd be much more concerned about them getting hit by a car while trick-or-treating. That's a legitimate concern to have. It's a thing that actually happens, which puts it in a different category from stoners spending their money (and daily allowance of purchase) on candy to give away to someone they won't see it.

If this happens at all, I expect the "gift" will be from someone involved in the kids life in some way that expects to be there or hear about the results. It won't be happening with strangers, unless it was some absurd anti-pot activist trying to make a point about the danger of a crime where he was the only person committing the crime.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:28 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Get over it, everybody calls weed dope.
Actually, I also thought Dope usually meant coke or heroin. Of course, I'm not into the drug scene. I've got way too much living to do to waste time on those drugs.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:32 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,747,285 times
What a waste of weed!

Old 10-20-2014, 12:28 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
In the late 60's/early 70's, we had the "razor blade in the apples" scare.
Right? Utter nonsense.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Do people still let kids trick or treat in neighborhoods? I sure wouldn't if I had kids. Long before expensive candy like this there were people putting stuff in candy to hurt kids. That's why many or most restrict the trick or treat thing to people they know well or do it through church or other groups. I doubt it's likely kids will run across someone giving out this type of candy, especially given the prices.
Trick or treating is still big in my neighborhood. Can you give us an actual example of someone giving out candy at Halloween to hurt a kid? My kid has outgrown the custom, but I love having trick or treaters at my home.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Parents don't look through their child's candy first?
Absolutely. Always did. Nothing ever suspect.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:05 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,984,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Trick or treating is still big in my neighborhood. Can you give us an actual example of someone giving out candy at Halloween to hurt a kid? My kid has outgrown the custom, but I love having trick or treaters at my home.
It hasn't been big anyplace I lived for many years. I recall some hospitals offering to X-Ray candy, this was in the 90's. There were a few cases years ago, still I wouldn't trust people I didn't know well giving out anything that could be tampered with. Last year some kid claimed to find a razor blade in a fun size M&M package but like the 08 incident of metal shavings they thought it was a manufacturing problem. Nonetheless there are just too many weird people about to trust folks ya don't know well. In neighborhoods like yours I'm sure most people know one another well and have kids.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:42 AM

797 posts, read 3,579,750 times
I have never heard weed/MJ referred to as dope. Usually dope is strictly for the big 3 - H, Coke (or Crack), and Meth

That said, I have smoked herb everyday for the past 20+ years and I have my MD/PhD, so for the poster who said your brain is fried if you smoke everyday, I have bad news for you. Maybe it doesn't do anything except relax me at the end of the day? Oh yeah, and it probably decreases my overall risk of getting cancer significantly, as we continue to see more and more in research with THC and cancer. Win win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events