Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 02:26 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
He's training his kid to think of women purely in sexual terms. I didn't say anything about violence, I was talking about attitude, and how that plays out in young dudes' way of relating to women. What's "classy" about the women in Playboy, btw?
Where does purely come from? Men can see women in sexual terms and in other terms, it doesn't have to be one or the other, in fact it is almost always both. Newsflash, straight men enjoy looking at attractive, naked women. A father showing his son playboy is healthy.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:00 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
Quote:
Compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Compare university-educated Africans, doctors, lawyers, to their peers in Europe. Compare village Africans to villagers in remote locations in Bulgaria and Romania. Then see how the scores stack up.
There is still a difference. The IQ gap isn't entirely cultural. There are biological differences between the races and different ethnicities. Is it just a coincidence that all the best runners are of African descent? No, it is biological. Consider this, different breeds of dogs have different levels of average intelligence. Dogs have only been domesticated for 15,000 years, so this difference is the product of only 15,000 years of artificial selection. Surely in the 100,000 years of natural selection since certain groups of humans left Africa there could be a drift in intelligence. In fact I would say that leaving Africa would have been evolutionarily novel and therefore the more intelligent humans would have been the ones to leave. Then those humans would have bred and their offspring would be more intelligent. Another explaination would be that the more creative and intelligent humans that left Africa would been able to better adapt to the harsher environment outside of tropical Africa where humans are better suited.

Quote:
BTW, before Europeans got into the inventing and discovering gig, China had been inventing for centuries.
That's not true, just look at Greek inventions. Ancient Greek technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
When the Chinese navigated the world, they did so for trade, not conquest and destruction. THAT is civilization! The Chinese even now consider Europeans to be late-comers and a bit backward.
That is a funny joke. Do you realize how "backwards" China is?

Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Where does purely come from? Men can see women in sexual terms and in other terms, it doesn't have to be one or the other, in fact it is almost always both. Newsflash, straight men enjoy looking at attractive, naked women. A father showing his son playboy is healthy.
Haha! Your post reminded me of something cute that my son did when he was about three years old. There was a Victoria's Secret catalog laying on the coffee table. The kiddo pointed at the woman's cleavage and said
" mommy, what are those?" I said " those are breasts " he said " oh, ok. I like them" and went about his day.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:08 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,578,920 times
Quote:
Compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Compare university-educated Africans, doctors, lawyers, to their peers in Europe. Compare village Africans to villagers in remote locations in Bulgaria and Romania. Then see how the scores stack up.

BTW, before Europeans got into the inventing and discovering gig,China had been inventing for centuries. When the Chinese navigated the world, they did so for trade, not conquest and destruction. THAT is civilization! The Chinese even now consider Europeans to be late-comers and a bit backward.
Huh??? I would LOVE to see where your evidence of that is. Pretty sure the vast majority of land masses and islands and most everything was navigated and found by Europeans. Also, the whole not for conquest is a total load of BS. There is not ONE group in the history of the world that didn't use their sea-faring abilities for both trade AND conquest.

And sure the Chinese have made some inventions but acting as if they kept inventing stuff constantly for centuries is absurd. Please, list off all these inventions, which, if you are correct and they had been inventing for centuries should include a few thousand.

I am so tired of the white guilt constantly perpetuated and seeing other civilizations accomplishments greatly exaggerated as a form of appeasement and for a general "feel good" attitude.

Also, all these "university-educated Africans, doctors, lawyers" you speak of sure as hell aren't worth all the crime and 3rd worldness they bring to civilized countries. We act civilized yet we're expected to constantly deal with their uncivil 3rd world behavior, all in the name of not being "racist". Heck, if you look at murder/rape statistics you can see the overwhelming majority of rapes are committed by 3rd worlders when they bring their 3rd world "cultures" with them. They can't even make their own counties not look like dystopian futures what makes you think they'll be any better here? If they are so great we should be encouraging them to invest in their OWN lands!

Look at this: https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com...ed-by-muslims/

Norway: 90% of all violent rapes in Oslo committed by Muslims

Old 10-26-2014, 03:24 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Thanks for disclaiming that you know some decent guys before swinging around that broad brush with a flurry. lol. You just came right on in swinging. Hillarious!

Frankly, I cannot believe this thread hasn't been shut down permanently and a bunch of bans issued.
Cant lie...thought the same thing...throw out a "now not all guys are like this"...and then revert back to the typical bitter, name calling feminist tirade...lmao...clever

Old 10-26-2014, 04:21 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Cant lie...thought the same thing...throw out a "now not all guys are like this"...and then revert back to the typical bitter, name calling feminist tirade...lmao...clever
Yep, it's kinda like the person that says, "Now don't get me wrong, I have a lot of *insert group here* friends BUT....."

You know the next thing out of their mouth is going to be badly anti-gay/black/white/asisan/male/female/hispanic/christian/muslim/jewish...blah blah blah blah.

The follow-up when challenged then tends to be...

1) Well, that's been my experience. (This is what I tend to hear from old white folks.)

or

2) I can't be racist or homophobic or whatever because I'm (insert protected class here)

#2 is what I tend to hear from younger people that seem to think that they can be as bad as the folks saying #1 because they happen to have been picked on by some other small minded person.

Ugh. No free pass people. Sorry.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:32 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Yep, it's kinda like the person that says, "Now don't get me wrong, I have a lot of *insert group here* friends BUT....."

You know the next thing out of their mouth is going to be badly anti-gay/black/white/asisan/male/female/hispanic/christian/muslim/jewish...blah blah blah blah.

The follow-up when challenged then tends to be...

1) Well, that's been my experience. (This is what I tend to hear from old white folks.)

or

2) I can't be racist or homophobic or whatever because I'm (insert protected class here)

#2 is what I tend to hear from younger people that seem to think that they can be as bad as the folks saying #1 because they happen to have been picked on by some other small minded person.

Ugh. No free pass people. Sorry.
I was taught that the word "but" negates everything that came before it in the sentence . This is why I never used that term in employee reviews.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:27 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
No, it's not. Not showing it to a 10-yr.-old kid.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:35 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I was catching up on my blogs and I saw this story.

This isn't getting as much coverage as the Santa Barbara shooting but is equally alarming.

The story in a nutshell:

Mass shooting kills mother of three, wounds five others - Fox 2 News Headlines

This mother, Mary "Unique" Spears, was killed because she refused to give an aggressive guy her number. He waited for several hours and confronted her when she was leaving the restaurant.

I do not understand how there are so many men out there who feel so slighted when they are "rejected" they resort to violence. It is so scary.
How terrible! The attitude of entitlement is astounding..

Old 10-26-2014, 06:08 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,712 times
Quote:
Thanks for disclaiming that you know some decent guys before swinging around that broad brush with a flurry. lol. You just came right on in swinging. Hillarious!

Frankly, I cannot believe this thread hasn't been shut down permanently and a bunch of bans issued.
"Douchey men's rights blogs." Do you know what I am referring to when I say that? The men's blogs who say that women shouldn't have gotten the vote, and talk about how they're all empty-headed ***** and need to be dominated and slapped around now and then.

Oh, and you underline that like it's somehow offensive for me to refer to such blogs as douchey? Really?

And you think that guys don't whine and blame women online? Plenty do, like on the douchey men's blogs. Remember: Women shouldn't have gotten the vote. That's what a lot of these guys think.

And you're bent out of shape because I point that out?

On another thread here on city-data, there was a guy who went on and on about how it was women's fault that young men were unhappy, because the girls weren't making themselves pretty enough to date. This guy's reasoning was that guys can't be attracted to fat women (he was really hung up on fat women), and since women are getting fat, that means there are lots of dateless guys. No dates means no sex. And therefore, women need to stop being fat because they owe it to the men of the world to be pretty enough, so they can sleep with all these unhappy, dateless men!

Whiny, entitled, men-babies.

And then the street harassment that many women encounter all the time. Ask any woman and she'll have stories of unwelcome advances from strangers on the street.

You are saying these things don't exist?

I said in my post that it's not fair to paint all men like this, because the decent men with real lives are not online whining that the source of all their unhappiness is fat women who are not pretty enough to date. They aren't catcalling women on the street. But if catcalling weren't almost a daily occurrence for many women, we wouldn't all seem to have our own stories of how it's happening to us. If it's happening frequently for many women, that means it's happening too much.

But really? You think my post is worth reporting for simply pointing all of this out? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events