Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 12:37 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Actually I have known many women that have had bachelorette parties and while there were a few that did, the good majority involved good decent fun. You can't tell me to many men would be okay with their bride to be grinding on other guys, bachelorette party or not.
Here's something even better: I know many people, myself included, who have frequented female strip clubs with their significant other, more than once! They had fun! OH NOOOOOO!

Old 10-28-2014, 12:52 PM

53 posts, read 54,229 times
Quote:
A big problem is most guys think it's okay to take advantage of a drunk woman. Heck, I can't tell you how many times I have heard guys say things to the effect of "Just wait till I get a few drinks in her then I can get some!" Also all the guys that constantly badger a woman even when she says no till the point she just gives in.
After reading all your anti-men posts on here you are either trolling or you have some SERIOUS issues. If it's the latter, please seek professional help. Hardly any men I have known have the traits that you are saying. I almost want to apologize to the men on here for your broad brush painting of all of them. It's actually quite disgusting.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:18 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,712 times
Quote:
A big problem is most guys think it's okay to take advantage of a drunk woman. Heck, I can't tell you how many times I have heard guys say things to the effect of "Just wait till I get a few drinks in her then I can get some!" Also all the guys that constantly badger a woman even when she says no till the point she just gives in.
There will be guys who do this, and if they do it when she's sufficiently drunk, the law says he's a rapist and I'm sure the statistics you posted before reflect this. In fact, laws are becoming even stricter in regard to having sex with drunk women, so more men will be guilty of rape (and at risk of prosecution) if they continue to do this.

California has a "yes means yes" law (which many men are roaring and complaining about) which means that you have to have affirmative consent (not just saying no or fighting someone off), otherwise it's rape. Claiming that "she didn't say no" isn't enough of a defense anymore.

Here's an interesting article about drunken rape:
Quote:
Winerip notes that between 2005 and 2010, "more than 60 percent of claims involving sexual violence handled by United Educators"--an insurance company owned by member schools--"involved young women who were so drunk they had no clear memory of the assault." We know from Sgt. Cournoyer that the accused young men typically are drinking to excess, too. What is called the problem of "sexual assault" on campus is in large part a problem of reckless alcohol consumption, by men and women alike. (Based on our reporting, the same is true in the military, at least in the enlisted and company-grade officer ranks.)

Which points to a limitation of the drunk-driving analogy. If two drunk drivers are in a collision, one doesn't determine fault on the basis of demographic details such as each driver's sex. But when two drunken college students "collide," the male one is almost always presumed to be at fault. His diminished capacity owing to alcohol is not a mitigating factor, but her diminished capacity is an aggravating factor for him.
So there are times when both male and female are equally drunk. If the guy didn't try to "get" her drunk, and doesn't put her in a position where it's difficult to resist, it's not the same as him luring her and taking advantage while she is bleary-eyed drunk and he's sober. And note that the article says that sometimes male friends of a drunk guy will try to get him off a drunk girl. Who is benefiting when the drunken sex is avoided? The woman (who isn't raped) or the man (who won't be accused of rape)? Both, really.

The moral of the story here is, both men and women must stop getting so drunk. It's perilous for both.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:44 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyGirl View Post
After reading all your anti-men posts on here you are either trolling or you have some SERIOUS issues. If it's the latter, please seek professional help. Hardly any men I have known have the traits that you are saying. I almost want to apologize to the men on here for your broad brush painting of all of them. It's actually quite disgusting.
Why not? Men certainly have never had a problem talking about their hatred of women. Since cave man days they they have always kept women down, and still do. Just look at the backlash women have got since we got rights. Heck, for thousands of years men thought just wearing pants made them great but denied that to women...PANTS!!

Old 10-28-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
There will be guys who do this, and if they do it when she's sufficiently drunk, the law says he's a rapist and I'm sure the statistics you posted before reflect this. In fact, laws are becoming even stricter in regard to having sex with drunk women, so more men will be guilty of rape (and at risk of prosecution) if they continue to do this.

California has a "yes means yes" law (which many men are roaring and complaining about) which means that you have to have affirmative consent (not just saying no or fighting someone off), otherwise it's rape. Claiming that "she didn't say no" isn't enough of a defense anymore.

Here's an interesting article about drunken rape:

So there are times when both male and female are equally drunk. If the guy didn't try to "get" her drunk, and doesn't put her in a position where it's difficult to resist, it's not the same as him luring her and taking advantage while she is bleary-eyed drunk and he's sober. And note that the article says that sometimes male friends of a drunk guy will try to get him off a drunk girl. Who is benefiting when the drunken sex is avoided? The woman (who isn't raped) or the man (who won't be accused of rape)? Both, really.

The moral of the story here is, both men and women must stop getting so drunk. It's perilous for both.
A male apologist....wow. It doesn't matter the circumstances, if a woman is drunk or drinking at all there is no excuse. I have warned my own daughter about this.

Also, even when they do get convicted, they pretty much just get a slap on the wrist, maybe a few years at best despite the woman being traumatized for it for life. Yet the rapist goes on his way like nothing happened. Heck, even if he went up to a group of guys and said "Hey I love to rape!" most guys wouldn't think twice.

Check this: 100,000 assaults. 1,000 rapists sentenced. Shockingly low conviction rates revealed - Crime - UK - The Independent

Quote:
Fewer than one rape victim in 30 can expect to see her or his attacker brought to justice, shocking new statistics reveal.

Only 1,070 rapists are convicted every year despite up to 95,000 people – the vast majority of them women – suffering the trauma of rape – according to the new research by the Ministry of Justice, the Home Office and the Office for National Statistics.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:51 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
A male apologist....wow. It doesn't matter the circumstances, if a woman is drunk or drinking at all there is no excuse. I have warned my own daughter about this.

Also, even when they do get convicted, they pretty much just get a slap on the wrist, maybe a few years at best despite the woman being traumatized for it for life. Yet the rapist goes on his way like nothing happened. Heck, even if he went up to a group of guys and said "Hey I love to rape!" most guys wouldn't think twice.

Check this: 100,000 assaults. 1,000 rapists sentenced. Shockingly low conviction rates revealed - Crime - UK - The Independent
You've succeeded in ruining a perfectly good thread that may have even educated some guys. Congratulations, and have a nice day.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Why not? Men certainly have never had a problem talking about their hatred of women. Since cave man days they they have always kept women down, and still do. Just look at the backlash women have got since we got rights. Heck, for thousands of years men thought just wearing pants made them great but denied that to women...PANTS!!
Another interesting article:
5 Uncomfortable Truths Behind the Men's Rights Movement | Cracked.com

I am pretty sure that some Men's Rights Movement guys are on city-data. Not pointing fingers, but I see the "influence."

These guys are toxic. Losers. Pathetic. Potentially dangerous. They blame women for everything.

(A lot of men find them just as pathetic and as much losers as women do.)

We don't want to be the female equivalent of these MRA losers, do we?

Old 10-28-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You've succeeded in ruining a perfectly good thread that may have even educated some guys. Congratulations, and have a nice day.
If they don't think this kind of stuff is wrong now, a thread won't change their minds.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Another interesting article:
5 Uncomfortable Truths Behind the Men's Rights Movement | Cracked.com

I am pretty sure that some Men's Rights Movement guys are on city-data. Not pointing fingers, but I see the "influence."

These guys are toxic. Losers. Pathetic. Potentially dangerous. They blame women for everything.

(A lot of men find them just as pathetic and as much losers as women do.)

We don't want to be the female equivalent of these MRA losers, do we?
Why not fight fire with fire? I am one woman tired of sitting back and just "hoping" men will grow up and change which will never happen. In the early 20th century when all women wanted was the right to vote they were constantly beat/imprisoned/starved. In England women went so far as to destroy things and civil disobedience to be heard and guess what....it worked!

Old 10-28-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
LOL! I'm getting it from both sides! I'm being compared to nazis because I say way too many men are behaving badly, and now I'm a "male apologist" for saying that when two people get staggeringly drunk, that they're both making bad decisions.

I don't excuse a drunken guy who persists or insists with a drunken girl until he wears her down. But it's also possible that the drunken girl is more 'proactive' in the activity, and so it's a result of when idiots collide.

If a guy makes a habit of hooking up with drunken women, that's how he gets any sex (and I think a lot of guys rely on this method) because he knows that when her resistance is down, she's more likely to not refuse. If such a guy is accused of rape, well, he should have seen it coming.

But in a circumstance where everyone is drunk, and they all simultaneously do stupid drunken things, I don't see that as a predator and victim, but just drunken idiots being drunken idiots.

What I don't understand is when men know how the deck is stacked against them, and they keep on engaging in drunken hook-ups. Yes, it's unfair when they're the only one accused of rape if it's a matter of when drunken idiots collide. But knowing the unfairness, and they still go ahead anyway, and take that chance? How stupid are they?

Quote:
Also, even when they do get convicted, they pretty much just get a slap on the wrist, maybe a few years at best despite the woman being traumatized for it for life. Yet the rapist goes on his way like nothing happened.
Yes, it's shameful that too many rapes are left unreported, and most likely not much prison time results when they are reported.

Quote:
Heck, even if he went up to a group of guys and said "Hey I love to rape!" most guys wouldn't think twice.
Come on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events