Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 02:15 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,578,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
What I don't understand is when men know how the deck is stacked against them, and they keep on engaging in drunken hook-ups. Yes, it's unfair when they're the only one accused of rape if it's a matter of when drunken idiots collide. But knowing the unfairness, and they still go ahead anyway, and take that chance? How stupid are they?
That's just it, even the "civilized" guys can go from acting like a gentlemen to taking advantage of a drunk or otherwise incapacitated woman in the span of seconds.

Why do you think whenever women talk about issues they face from men the vast majority of them care more about telling women "not all guys are like that" than they are actually discussing the issue at hand how men can stop other men from doing it? Just like the Roger Elliott guy, even when it was clear his views were helped by all the PUA and Misogynistic guys men didn't care to realize just how bad those things are.

You can't tell me most guys, even here can't watch this video:

http://youtu.be/mu6NKHtLzks

And not totally sympathize/empathize with him? Heck, I bet most would give this guy a high five if they could!

Old 10-28-2014, 02:21 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,812 times
Quote:
Another interesting article:
5 Uncomfortable Truths Behind the Men's Rights Movement | Cracked.com

I am pretty sure that some Men's Rights Movement guys are on city-data. Not pointing fingers, but I see the "influence."

These guys are toxic. Losers. Pathetic. Potentially dangerous. They blame women for everything.

(A lot of men find them just as pathetic and as much losers as women do.)

We don't want to be the female equivalent of these MRA losers, do we?
Actually that all sounds just like most feminists. I would say the average MRA is much less radical than the average feminist.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:28 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Actually that all sounds just like most feminists. I would say the average MRA is much less radical than the average feminist.
If you're sticking up for MRAs, please show us some links, some sites, some forums which are only populated by the "less radical" MRAs. Please give examples of how less radical they are. I'm not seeing it.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
That's just it, even the "civilized" guys can go from acting like a gentlemen to taking advantage of a drunk or otherwise incapacitated woman in the span of seconds.
No, only the guys who were going to be that in the first place do that. Plenty of guys stay at home, read a lot of books, only date girls they meet at church, whatever, and will behave in a more moral way. Maybe it has a lot to do with how they were raised.

There's no denying that we have man-babies and guys who act like savages, just like we have women who are selfish and drama queens. But we have decent men and women too. The MRA crowd can't see that about women--that we're all types, all varieties. They want to paint all women as one way and out to ruin men. I don't want us to be guilty of doing what the MRA crowd does.

Quote:
Why do you think whenever women talk about issues they face from men the vast majority of them care more about telling women "not all guys are like that" than they are actually discussing the issue at hand how men can stop other men from doing it? Just like the Roger Elliott guy, even when it was clear his views were helped by all the PUA and Misogynistic guys men didn't care to realize just how bad those things are.
Now I can't argue with you too much there! I do see too many protests of "but all guys aren't that way" instead of expressing horror and disgust.

But to be fair, I think the "but not all guys are like that" lot are much more vocal. The MRA/PUA guys are organized and trying to shake cages. Your average decent guy probably isn't. He may not be trolling Facebook and forums for these kinds of stories to respond to.

I'll watch your video link later and comment on it.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
There's no denying that we have man-babies and guys who act like savages, just like we have women who are selfish and drama queens. But we have decent men and women too. The MRA crowd can't see that about women--that we're all types, all varieties. They want to paint all women as one way and out to ruin men. I don't want us to be guilty of doing what the MRA crowd does.
Yeah, but when women act crazy/drama queens/overall bad most guys don't have to worry about being beaten/raped/killed. If only men knew what it was like to have to live in constant fear of that kind of stuff happening....if only.

And sure you can point out some crazy woman like Jodi Arias, but for every woman like her there's probably a million men just like her. If most men in the world truly were good, decent, honest people then why are women the world over so constantly and consistently beaten down? Why do women even in America still make on average 77 cents to the dollar men make?

You know, with groups like the KKK it is VERY telling just how low men, even in America value women when we get a BLACK president before a female one! Seriously!

Old 10-28-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post

You know, with groups like the KKK it is VERY telling just how low men, even in America value women when we get a BLACK president before a female one! Seriously!
That's it.

Really? You think getting a black president before a female president is evidence of what? What does that have to do with anything?

Old 10-28-2014, 03:26 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
That's it.

Really? You think getting a black president before a female president is evidence of what? What does that have to do with anything?
Hahaha, great avatar.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:28 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,812 times
Quote:
If you're sticking up for MRAs, please show us some links, some sites, some forums which are only populated by the "less radical" MRAs. Please give examples of how less radical they are. I'm not seeing it.
A Voice for Men

A Voice for Male Students | Educational Equity for Men and Boys

Just two examples.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
That's it.

Evidence that as much as in the past white men hated blacks, even to the extent of enslaving them, they'd rather have a black president than a female. Women were never "officially" enslaved yet men said no to women gaining any kind of power. Even today women only make up a small amount in congress. Heck, they got the right to vote before we did.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post

I'll just leave this here.

The blog entries give plenty of quotes and links to the actual site, so we can judge for ourselves about what A Voice for Men says. It's all up on their site.

I've heard of A Voice For Men. That was the last thing I'd expect you to link to under the guise of "less radical." I'm going to take a leap and guess that you are a fan of theirs. (If so, well . . . )

I'm not familiar with many feminist groups (though I do follow the anti-misogyny blog because it's hilarious in mocking the MRA/PUA sites) so I'm not going discuss or defend groups I don't know much about.

All I can say is "A Voice For Men" is not doing the whole "not all men are like that" thing any favors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events