Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:09 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
The best punishment for this guy might be life in prison trying to fend off unwanted advances from ardent suitors.
So sexual assault is funny/justified/ok when it's towards MEN in prison?(who will most likely contract hiv as well) For all you know he could be the one doing the raping in prison. Maybe he's 6 foot 5, 250. It's mostly skinny white men on drug/non violent charges that get used and abused. That's reality. They're not violent thugs and therefore not willing/able to stab someone in the neck or fight someone off twice their size. It's a disgrace the way we allow this to go on in prison.

Btw- After a little experience, I've learned a girl is either interested or not and knows in 30 seconds max. It's called "chemistry". It's superficial of course, but it's reality. If they they're not into you, you can't talk/woo/buy them into. The problem is romantic comedies showing that men can "win over" a woman. It doesn't work in real life. It's instant attraction. It's totally superficial and it's either there or not.(women will try to talk about a connection...they don't seem to understand it's just superficial chemistry even though it "FEELS real")

Last edited by mikelizard860; 10-20-2014 at 07:21 AM..

Old 10-20-2014, 07:11 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
I really think there is a connection with how many people just can't deal with rejection, either from the opposite sex, socially or in the work place and how parents are raising their children. The "everyone is a winner" , "you can do anything" , entitled why of raising children is causing a lot of this. Sure there are many other factors that attribute to this but I think the major one is not being taught to deal with rejection.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:14 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times
It's a brave new world we live in, don't want to sound too much like your Dad, but it's a sad fact of life, one can never be too careful, always be frosty and be steely eye on "Behavior detection" or always staying frosty at the ready when going out in public, the fact is

There are plenty of ass hats / ass clowns/ crazies/ and screw balls out there who are completely nuts and they are out in public forgotten or left on their own some where's out there without professional help they definitely need.

'Stay Frosty" out there in public "Always"

Thank you
Knight

Old 10-20-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I really think there is a connection with how many people just can't deal with rejection, either from the opposite sex, socially or in the work place and how parents are raising their children. The "everyone is a winner" , "you can do anything" , entitled why of raising children is causing a lot of this. Sure there are many other factors that attribute to this but I think the major one is not being taught to deal with rejection.
Actually most of these type of killers have VERY LOW SELF ESTEEM. That then turns into rage in their psychotic mind.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:16 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I'm curious about why the name of the suspect hasn't been released.
1. It happened in Detroit.
2. Her name was "Unique"
3. It would not be PC to say they were all Black and release the name and photo of the Black killer.

To have a real discussion here without people dancing around the real topic you'd need to talk about women in the Black community.
Most of the young Black boys are now being raised without a father figure.
Many young Black men not knowing how to vent anger without shooting up the neighborhood and killing their neighbors.

What led to this shooting is not because some woman did not give her digits but common problems of inner city youth.

They are dancing around the real problem. JMO

Quote:
The suspect fired more shots through the crowd injuring Spears' fiancee and four other family members who were sent to the hospital.
Who randomly fires through a crowd of people ? People with NO RESPECT for human life.

Last edited by Rakin; 10-20-2014 at 07:28 AM..

Old 10-20-2014, 07:22 AM

People are trying to draw all these social conclusions from this. It's no different than a senseless shooting over someone "dissing me" or even Hernandez the NFL star killing someone over bumping into him in a club. Same disgusting violent crap.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:44 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
All some women do all day long is complain about "creepers". lol Ask your bf/husband if he's ever been called a creeper by any woman ever? He's lying if he says no. I'm not sure what overly aggressive hitting on someone has to do with killing someone. Sort of like an overly aggressive telemarketer or salesman that is pushy. Just a pain in the butt. No comparison to a maniac shooting someone. So your entire analogy is absurd and irrelevant. Most men are afraid of rejection. It's a small percentage that even aggressively hit/are pushy with strange women. Cursing you out is just because their feelings are hurt. Simple as that. And women have been known to do the EXACT same thing.
I've never been called a creeper. Although I've never been very pushy because I assume I'll notice if a woman is interested in me; that strategy probably caused me to let some slip away TBH. I was also never into the bar/club scene with picking up women, so maybe that's part of it.

While you're right that some women can be aggressive and rude if they don't get what they want, the difference to me is that a physically angry man is often times much more of a threat to a woman than the other way around. That would be why force-able rape is so much more common for men to commit, rather than women. It's that fear that we as a society should recognize and attempt to reduce, so that our women feel safe and respected.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:53 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,189 times
Whatever happened to just calling the girl a "stuck-up *****" and walking away? Now, we are getting assaulted and shot for saying no. SMH.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:04 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
So sexual assault is funny/justified/ok when it's towards MEN in prison?(who will most likely contract hiv as well) For all you know he could be the one doing the raping in prison. Maybe he's 6 foot 5, 250. It's mostly skinny white men on drug/non violent charges that get used and abused. That's reality. They're not violent thugs and therefore not willing/able to stab someone in the neck or fight someone off twice their size. It's a disgrace the way we allow this to go on in prison.

Btw- After a little experience, I've learned a girl is either interested or not and knows in 30 seconds max. It's called "chemistry". It's superficial of course, but it's reality. If they they're not into you, you can't talk/woo/buy them into. The problem is romantic comedies showing that men can "win over" a woman. It doesn't work in real life. It's instant attraction. It's totally superficial and it's either there or not.(women will try to talk about a connection...they don't seem to understand it's just superficial chemistry even though it "FEELS real")

I completely agree with this...there is a strong sentiment in society that men have to jump through hoops to woo a woman...and that they should grow thick skin to rejection and not give up...even President Obama said this is how he wore Michelle down...according to him, he refused "to take no for an answer"...talk about a war on a woman..this is the same mentality that breeds men who "harass" women, which is only a highly malleable, subjective term anyway, which we happen to allow women to define...its considered admirable persistence as long as theyre either benefiting from it or are attracted to the man...and its considered "creepy" when they arent.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Whatever happened to just calling the girl a "stuck-up *****" and walking away? Now, we are getting assaulted and shot for saying no. SMH.

I see what you're saying, but why is even being referred to as a "stuck-up B" preferred or considered acceptable? There are just a lot of entitled scummy boys (I will not call them Men) out there who think women are obligated to acknowledge them and give over personal information upon an unwanted request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events