Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
It's called white flight. If you go around preaching your opinion and sit back and do nothing, like educate the thugs, then you aren't really helping the situation. Whites would offer to help, but sadly African Americans don't want it. Also, white collar crimes are committed 3 times more by African Americans, so money isn't the sole reason for someone to not be a thug. In 2008 roughly 19,000 white women were raped by black males, do you know how many black women were raped in the same year by white males? 0

White flight, huh. What is the difference between Whites looking for greener pastures and Blacks doing the same?

What do you expect me to do? Live in the ghetto with those thugs? Those thugs won't even listen to Blacks who have made it and have proven that hard work reaps benefits. The African-Americans who have made don't need help on "how to make it". The ones who need the help the most, the underclass specifically, are the ones who will not listen to anyone, not even fellow Blacks like Bill Cosby. It wasn't middle class Blacks who got up in arms about Bill Cosby. Alot of them actually agreed. It was the underclass, and especially underclass women, who complained the most.

Don't go complaining to the person who hasn't committed crimes. Complain to the individuals who have caused problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 07:06 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What do you expect me to do?
Inspire some kids to go on a different course. Get involved in the community, help your people. I would, but I personally do not know enough about the culture.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Inspire some kids to go on a different course. Get involved in the community, help your people. I would, but I personally do not know enough about the culture.
Well, I don't even live in a ghetto. I'm a primarily suburban-raised person, so I have no ties to areas like that. And there are Black people trying to do those things now. How many people actually listen? I've noted over and over that many in the underclass won't listen. This is why decent, hardworking Blacks try as hard as they can to separate themselves from thugs. Safety issues, cultural issues. This is why decent Black people get tired of being associated with thugs. It hurts us more than it hurts the thugs. Those thugs don't care. Some of them don't even value their own lives. For Black people like the ones who are decent and hardworking, it is a double battle. Battle over thugs, and battle over how we're perceived vis a vis non-Blacks.

Let me tell you this. My father has a relative who has been behind bars multiple times. My father has tried talking sense into him over and over. Said relative never listened, and at one point, told my father off. Guess what? After that, his relative went back to prison. And do you know what it took for him to get it? Realizing that he was in his sixties and having wasted half of his life behind bars that my father was trying to talk some sense into him. It took age and realizing you can't get time back. So it isn't like there aren't Black people trying to straighten out other Black people. Uphill battle. Many people won't listen. And the Blacks who are trying to do something, they aren't getting much attention. Being a thug gets attention. Why is that?

And you admit you don't know much about the culture. If you don't know much about it, I would not recommend making commentary on it. If you are so interested in helping Black people, I would not be quoting Metapedia or any other Neo-Nazi site. Only thing you will do is alienate people, and it makes me think you espouse such ideology.

And a few other things. I've asked this.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Old 10-22-2014, 07:40 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
They don't listen because you are going up against people like 50cent and JZ.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:41 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408

Too much booze? Too much meth? What gives?
Everything is falling apart!!

Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yet, almost 100,000 white women were raped by white men, and a larger percentage of white men rape white women compared to black men and black woman. This doesn't even include the sexual assaults that go unreported or unknown, particularly at college campuses.

Fraternity culture linked to college sexual assault problem | San Diego news from inewsource

So,um, what's your point ?

Are you really trying to say white women should fear being raped by any black man, but not by white men?

It's like you and others are completing ignoring what green_mariner and others are saying, thus proving their point.

If a white person shoots up a mall, it's 'Wow, that guy is crazy' or 'We need stricter gun laws, more attention to mental illness, etc.'

But if a black/Hispanic person robs a liquor store, then it's, 'Well, typical black/Hispanic people.'
One thing to consider about rape, is that it works differently from murder. Murder, there is no question. You find a body. Evidence is there. With rape, the legal definition can vary in some places. And in many cases, the rape victim doesn't even come forward, especially in the case of a frat party. The rape rate is the "reported" rape rate. Little girls can get raped in their own home, sometimes by a family member.

I'm not going to deny for a fact that there are Black men who have raped White women. However, this is what is disturbing about it. It is not looked at as another rape when a Black man does it. It's looked at from the stereotyped of "The Black Brute". Consider the movie "Birth of a Nation". Black male rape perpetration is viewed by some people in that light. It is not "oh, that was a despicable human being, let him rot in prison". It's looked at like "Black men are rapacious and brutish, and they need to be put down like rabid dogs". My policy is simple. You do the crime, you do the time. That said, it is one of those things where if a Black man screws up, it won't be looked at as "he's stupid, let him sit in prison". It will be looked at as it has always been viewed, "there is something wrong with Black people".

The last two sentences were all I wanted to convey, but it gets turned into "you have a whoa is me mentality". I was just stating a fact.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
They don't listen because you are going up against people like 50cent and JZ.
And it isn't just Black people buying 50 cent and Jay-Z. Have you ever asked why thugs and hood rats sell more than a clean-cut Black man will?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Seriously, this is what you believe?
Can you refute that crime is often viewed by many(not all, but a sizable amount) in those contexts?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:37 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
White flight, huh. What is the difference between Whites looking for greener pastures and Blacks doing the same?

What do you expect me to do? Live in the ghetto with those thugs? Those thugs won't even listen to Blacks who have made it and have proven that hard work reaps benefits. The African-Americans who have made don't need help on "how to make it". The ones who need the help the most, the underclass specifically, are the ones who will not listen to anyone, not even fellow Blacks like Bill Cosby. It wasn't middle class Blacks who got up in arms about Bill Cosby. Alot of them actually agreed. It was the underclass, and especially underclass women, who complained the most.

Don't go complaining to the person who hasn't committed crimes. Complain to the individuals who have caused problems.
Agreed! I don't feel guilty about the white trash people in my town, why the hell should you have to answer for someone else's *******ry? Because they share a melanin in the skin? Screw that.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Agreed! I don't feel guilty about the white trash people in my town, why the hell should you have to answer for someone else's *******ry? Because they share a melanin in the skin? Screw that.
That is all I'm saying. I don't hold all White people for the likes of Ted Bundy or the BTK guy. Those two men were monsters. Let them pay for it. No reason you should pay.

All I wanted to comment on was perceptions. I remember reading something about some men jumping on someone. I starting thinking "I hope this wasn't Black men doing this", considering the kind of reaction that would come from it. I feel that if you do the crime, you do the time. The victim is already paying for the mistake of that criminal. Let that criminal pay, and that criminal alone. What would be the point of making an entire ethnicity pay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events