Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 08:37 PM

610 posts, read 699,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
One difference, nobody has mentioned:

The black-on-black violence in Chicago, LA, wherever. On-going. No black folks ever refer to this, or seem concerned about it. Apparently, if you're offed by one of the brothers, that's OK. But if just one black kid is killed by a cop - especially a white cop, as most are - and it's a big deal. YO, people: don't you care what's happening to your youth out on the streets? Or do you get to pick and choose your victims, the Michael Brown's and the Trayvon Martin's of this world? What about the rest?
This proves you don't actually hang out with black folks. Every young brother I know is the first one to tell you that they're killing each other off faster than anyone else. It's what the preachers preach about. It's what their mothers say. Its what the guys in prison say. Its what the guys that made it off the streets say. It's what the guys still in the streets say. It's what the sisters, the girlfriends and the fatherless children say. It's literally what EVERYONE that lives in the hood says. It just doesn't make the mainstream media. But just like you feel like the mainstream media doesn't cover the point of view YOU have, likewise do they feel that way. They ALL care what's happening to their youth, because they're ****ing living there. It's THEIR children, THEIR brothers, THEIR fathers... YOU are the one who has dehumanized "them" and decided for "them" that the only black deaths that anyone cares about are the ones that come by way of white hands.

You're ignorant. And I'm argumentative, but NEVER inflammatory on these forums. This is an instance of someone with NO firsthand knowledge of a situation pretending like he knows EVERYTHING about it. Walk a mile in the shoes of a mother who lost her child to street violence and tell me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
No black folks ever refer to this
And then go look in the mirror and ask yourself who's more ignorant, the ones who "only" care about Trayvon's death, or the people like you who have been JUST as duped by the mainstream media?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 08:37 PM

170 posts, read 133,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
..... Ever hear of "boys will be boys?"
The typical excuse that comes from the majority to justify what suits them. This mantra is similar to cops' excuses: "I shot the victim because I thought he had a gun." "I feared for my life." "The job is very stressful."

Old 10-20-2014, 08:41 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
Watch the film, Zulu. It is about the clash between two polar opposite cultures. Disregard skin color if you can. Over a century later a friend of mine wrote: "Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be, if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass."

The good citizens of Keene who were the victims of a raid by progressives should reconsider their options before the next raid. A few years ago in Los Angeles, ethnic Korean shopkeepers did not suffer the same losses that other social groups suffered when attacked. Ethnic Koreans understand progressives and chose not to be victims. As our country devolves, many will be faced with these choices.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
They are too cowardly to confront the person who is actually doing the things that they hate so the rest of us law abiding citizens have to take the heat for it. By the way, the people who say such things are scum themselves but completely unaware.
Plenty of them here on C-D.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:50 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
This proves you don't actually hang out with black folks. Every young brother I know is the first one to tell you that they're killing each other off faster than anyone else. It's what the preachers preach about. It's what their mothers say. Its what the guys in prison say. Its what the guys that made it off the streets say. It's what the guys still in the streets say. It's what the sisters, the girlfriends and the fatherless children say. It's literally what EVERYONE that lives in the hood says. It just doesn't make the mainstream media. But just like you feel like the mainstream media doesn't cover the point of view YOU have, likewise do they feel that way. They ALL care what's happening to their youth, because they're ****ing living there. It's THEIR children, THEIR brothers, THEIR fathers... YOU are the one who has dehumanized "them" and decided for "them" that the only black deaths that anyone cares about are the ones that come by way of white hands.

You're ignorant. And I'm argumentative, but NEVER inflammatory on these forums. This is an instance of someone with NO firsthand knowledge of a situation pretending like he knows EVERYTHING about it. Walk a mile in the shoes of a mother who lost her child to street violence and tell me:

And then go look in the mirror and ask yourself who's more ignorant, the ones who "only" care about Trayvon's death, or the people like you who have been JUST as duped by the mainstream media?
Preach it, my friend. Couldn't rep you enough.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:30 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
This last week's white riot.

Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest - US news

However no cops shot at them.

What an absurd comparison.
That is especially true to those of us who have experienced a race riot first hand.

I doubt a black guy would get beaten or killed just for being black with a bunch of drunk idiot white kids. However trying being a white guy during a black race riot and see if the same holds true.

`

Old 10-20-2014, 10:58 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And that is the thing that disturbs me the most. There are people who say "well, if Blacks don't want to be stereotypes, then they shouldn't act ghetto/like criminals/etc". In a way, this is a cop out. Most Blacks who behave like criminals/hood rats, they don't care if they get stereotyped or not. It doesn't matter to them. And some have a "live by the sword, die by the sword" mentality. It is the Black people who don't behave like criminals who care the most.

Why is it OK to stereotype all whites as RACIST when not? The actions of very few are chosen to represent over half of the population of the USA. Whites are depicted as gun toting racist control freaks who hate all minorities and poor people.
If that were true oganized groups of white racists would be hating on their own.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Too rich.
Kinda. Too much time on hands. Not enough school work or part time jobs.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:49 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
One of the biggest. bloodiest riots to ever take place in the U.S., back around the Civil War, was staged by the Irish in NYC, which all but destroyed the city!

Why so angry? We had instituted the first Military Draft, to get recruits to fight in the Civil War, to abolish slavery, and? The Irish were pro-slavery! They knew if the Blacks were freed in the South, they'd head North and take their jobs away!

More anger!!! Back then, the rich could get out of the Draft by paying $300 to the Government!

There was so much bloodshed, anarchy, arson, the Draft was suspended! Who says violence/rioting doesn't accomplish anything!!!

Old 10-21-2014, 03:35 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Why is it OK to stereotype all whites as RACIST when not? The actions of very few are chosen to represent over half of the population of the USA. Whites are depicted as gun toting racist control freaks who hate all minorities and poor people.
If that were true oganized groups of white racists would be hating on their own.
It's not ok. All whites are not racist. But it feels awful that some people think they are doesn't it? Makes you angry and/or frustrated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events