Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:24 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Yep.

A good guy, with a guy he kept under lock and key and only went and fetched when the excrement started hitting the fan, brought this situation to an end.
So that makes you happy? The bottom line is that the terrorist was killed not by black-clad, bullet proof vested law enforcement officer but by a senior citizen who happened to have a gun around. And what if he was gunned down on his way to go grab his gun from some locked cabinet? Would you show similar satisfaction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 05:51 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
......... by a senior citizen who happened to have a gun around. And what if he was gunned down on his way to go grab his gun from some locked cabinet?
I'd wager big that his gun won't be under any lock and key next week.
Many guns are coming out of the closet in Canada.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:55 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So that makes you happy? The bottom line is that the terrorist was killed not by black-clad, bullet proof vested law enforcement officer but by a senior citizen who happened to have a gun around. And what if he was gunned down on his way to go grab his gun from some locked cabinet? Would you show similar satisfaction?
Are you an American, like me? If so, Canada's gun laws are really none of our business. If their voters want change, that's up to them.

The current event may or may not have an effect on voter demands, again, as Americans, this is not for us to dictate to them.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:58 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i didnt realize that there were so many members of the canadian parliament on this forum!
I am not Canadian but I value life and respect of life,,, you do not

Old 10-23-2014, 07:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am not Canadian but I value life and respect of life,,, you do not
not all lives are equal. soldiers lives are very valuable. politicians? im not so sure. babies lives are very valuable and that goes for after and before birth.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:59 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,025,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post

Let me guess... a liberal?
Let me guess, a libertarian-conservative gunnut who just can't stand the idea that there are places in the world where people are not armed to the teeth killing each other.

Quote:
You, my misguided friend, are an idiot.

If guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns.
Doh, I have never heard that before.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:52 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Are you an American, like me? If so, Canada's gun laws are really none of our business. If their voters want change, that's up to them.

The current event may or may not have an effect on voter demands, again, as Americans, this is not for us to dictate to them.
You are arguing with yourself.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:40 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,534,036 times
We have vey little gun crime, and just very little violent crime in general. This was a freak event, so the gun crowd should calm down and come to terms with the fact that stricter gun control works very well here.

Last edited by Jesse44; 10-24-2014 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-24-2014, 07:26 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,239,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
the more I think about it, the more respect I have for the leaders of countries such as North Korea, Saudia Arabia, etc. Much as I hate to admit it, at least they don't try to cover up their evil ness and just let it all hang out in the open.
You respect North Korean & Saudi leaders for their open evil? Do you also respect people who want to harm or rob you, for whoever you are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I'd give ANYTHING to be able to go back to when muhamed was an infant, find him, and throw that worthless piece of garbage off a cliff!
What happened to your respect for his evilness? And, baby killing? He didn't have his first visions until after he was 40. Brave enough to try to kill an adult?

Old 10-24-2014, 07:44 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,239,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
there are 80+ ... nutters that CSIS or the RCMP are aware of but won't do anything about except take away their passports. Why not just charge them each with seditious libel and get them off the streets for now. Even if the charges are dropped or the leftist courts toss out the cases, at least we'll know who they are.
Doesn't Canada keep the names of defendants secret? The case against an infamous serial killer was kept secret and people were arrested for bringing US newspapers into Canada! Paul Bernardo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
His co-defendant was allowed to change her name & leave Canada!
Karla Homolka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The retired Mountie did Canada & the world a favor, by shooting this SOB. It would cost millions to jail & prosecute him. He'd be a hero to lunatics. The bottom-feeders of the legal profession would be falling over each other, for the notoriety of defending him & the huge fees they would bill to the government.
Quote:
I'm a firm believer in the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment. If the government - or anyone else - comes to take mine away from me, they can have it - after I give them every bit of ammo first.
More likely, the police will pry some cold dead fingers from it, after you or a family member commits suicide with it. Next likely, it's used by one family member to shoot another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
We have vey little gun crime, and just very little violent crime in general.
That's good. Still, gun crime & violent crime in the USA is largely matter of geography & ethnicity. In NYC, for example, the homicide rate for whites is about 1 in 100,000, which is less than the rate for Ontario & Quebec.

Last edited by bigjake54; 10-24-2014 at 08:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events