Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 02:43 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,571,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds
The guard dogs there are an extremely good deterrent for intruders.
They can run faster then a person and when several are used at a time, they will put the fear of being eaten alive into anybody thinking that they can outrun them.

I did, I also imagine that if the intruder had a weapon, the dogs wouldn't have been needed and he wouldn't be alive today.

It comes down to how much force should be used to stop somebody.

Personally, I'd put several lines of low lying obstacles between the fence and the White House to slow an intruder down. Even something natural like ice plant or a ground cover like Ivy will make it almost impossible to walk or run across and would still make the Kodak moments look natural.
Please tell me your joking! You're idea of protection against intruders into the WHITE HOUSE where the leader of our nation resides would be to booby trap the lawn with obstacles and plants!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 04:16 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,144 times
NEWS FLASH:

If someone breaks into my home, I'm going to pump every bit of ammo into them... and then call ServPro... cause that's gonna leave a stain... or two.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:40 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
I'll bet Sharpton, Jesse & Crump help him sue over that Vicious dog attack.

They only released those dogs because he was black.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:12 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I do not understand why our govt doesn't have a shoot on site policy for situations like this! How many copycats and embarrassments do we need before we take firm action against idiots like this!

If this were to happen somewhere in the middle east or Russia, the guy would be dead and nobody would bat an eyelash.
Not countries I want to emulate, thanks anyway.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:43 PM

542 posts, read 1,682,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
NEWS FLASH:

If someone breaks into my home, I'm going to pump every bit of ammo into them... and then call ServPro... cause that's gonna leave a stain... or two.
By law, you're required to flee the house before resorting to lethal force. The law says if you're in a position to retreat, then do so. If you're being physically attacked, then you have the right to defend yourself.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:50 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
By law, you're required to flee the house before resorting to lethal force. .
You must not live in a state with the Castle Doctrine which says I have no duty to retreat in my own home (or car).

Step into my home (or car)uninvited and you can get your azz shot.

Castle doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-23-2014, 07:33 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Please tell me your joking! You're idea of protection against intruders into the WHITE HOUSE where the leader of our nation resides would be to booby trap the lawn with obstacles and plants!?
You might find this poster's suggestion ridiculous , but in fact, certain plants planted strategically, can deter burglary and such. Ice plant has also prevented a couple of houses in CA from burning down.

Some ice plant coupled with certain varieties of yucca make a pretty formidable landscape.

Add in a couple of chow chow dogs ( good luck invading a chow's property) and you have a nice security system that still looks cute in the tourist photos.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
37 posts and nobody suggest a taller fence? You can make a very stylish 12 ft. fence. No need for razor wires, machine gun nests, land mines or Punji stakes.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:56 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,474,280 times
I wish we would stop being so damn PC in this country. I have no problem with SS shooting every idiot that rushes the white house.

You can't say bomb on a plane but you can rush the door to the President and not be killed, WTF is wrong with this country.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:57 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,474,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
37 posts and nobody suggest a taller fence? You can make a very stylish 12 ft. fence. No need for razor wires, machine gun nests, land mines or Punji stakes.
12 feet and apply "slippery" coat of paint could work well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events