Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this considered harassment?
Yes 102 44.93%
No 74 32.60%
50/50 51 22.47%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:46 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,057,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbolo View Post
No way!

Also, I wonder why women all own push-up bras.

P.S. Let's discuss how large you think her rack is. I said it was a C cup.

Um, I don't wear push up bras. One must have something to push up in the first place.

Soft cups for me please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 12:49 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
She has a website and on the website it lists her bust size and waist. Yet, men aren't supposed to notice these things, and yet she is making a career out of objectifying herself.
Why are you equating "noticing" with yelling, following someone around, and repeatedly trying to talk to someone who obviously isn't interested in stopping? You have a strange definition of "noticing". No one's saying it's not ok to notice, by the conventional definition of that word.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:50 PM

294 posts, read 242,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Um, I don't wear push up bras. One must have something to push up in the first place.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:51 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
On the flip side, a woman will become depressed if they didn't have this kind of attention.

We all know women seek validity for their looks, and if you don't look at em or pay attention to them as they expect, it ****s with them.
Agreed. I had this woman who I worked with years ago. Mildly attractive and I just would not pay her any attention. It wasn't on purpose but I just wasn't focused on her. So she was bothered and started trying to flirt with me and asking me to help her with her homework. I knew she knew what she was doing and didn't need help but she had the mindset that every man in the room needed to flirt with her and I was the only one who didn't. Mind you, she had a boyfriend.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
How hypocritical is this though? Men aren't supposed to approach her based on her looks yet, she was clearly picked for this experiment based on how she looks. She is clearly not an average woman.
It wouldn't have turned out much different if they'd sent someone through there with average or even below-average curves. I've known women like that, and they generally avoid those types of neighborhoods for this very reason.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Why are you equating "noticing" with yelling, following someone around, and repeatedly trying to talk to someone who obviously isn't interested in stopping? You have a strange definition of "noticing". No one's saying it's not ok to notice, by the conventional definition of that word.

Because not every guy in that video was rude yet we are only focusing on the few that were.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
It wouldn't have turned out much different if they'd sent someone through there with average or even below-average curves. I've known women like that, and they generally avoid those types of neighborhoods for this very reason.
Then why didn't they pick one of those women?

Old 10-29-2014, 12:55 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
The one thing that Ive noticed over the years is that women don't have a problem with guys looking at what theyre "advertising," they have a problem with the WRONG guys looking. If a very attractive 10/10 guy stares at their bust they like it. If a 4/10 looks at their busts then "OMG what a pervert...."

Old 10-29-2014, 12:56 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,057,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbolo View Post
I should clarify that I'm just a boring A cup.

But a proud A cup.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
On the flip side, a woman will become depressed if they didn't have this kind of attention.

We all know women seek validity for their looks, and if you don't look at em or pay attention to them as they expect, it ****s with them.
This kind of attention scares the hell out of women. The kind of attention women hope for is people being appropriately friendly at appropriate times. These points were covered on this thread hours ago, pages ago. Being approached at a bus stop by someone who's also waiting for the bus was one example given. Being chatted up in the grocery store. But not repeatedly hassled, like some of the dudes in the video did. Those guys ignored body language, some kept talking to her even though it was obvious she wasn't gonna stop and wasn't into them. That's the intimidating part that scares women, is when dudes don't get the message, and keep bugging 'em, and don't stop. Or worse, follow them.

Women don't want this kind of attention, they don't find it flattering. There have been a couple of threads hashing all that out on the Relationships forum. Women see this type of attention as threatening and offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events