Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 03:22 AM

421 posts, read 412,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why's it 21? I thought 18 was an adult. You can kill people in war, but not enjoy marijuana?

I think it is rediculous that any man who is risking his life for our country should be considered to young for ANYTHING!!:

And what's the deal that it will be legal this summer?? I don't get that at all. I mean can I drive across the bridge and go to a pot store now or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 03:33 AM

6,413 posts, read 6,316,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Love View Post
I never thought I'd live to see the day. I know I'm the odd duck out on this one. But I'm totally against it. A drug is a drug is a drug. I'm totally against drugs. But alas, I'm no one. So it doesn't matter what I think.

I just gotta Live & Let Live.
I hope you do not drink alcohol or coffee or tea. If you do, then you are a hypocrite!

Very few things in life are so black and white.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Your user name tells it all. A hipster hippie wishing real hippies ill will and death.
DEATH?!?

Nobody is "wishing" death to the elder generations. But it is inevitable that they will "keel" over.

Read a book. Become educated.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkuzminski View Post
The DC win will not stand, as the republicans who now control both houses of Congress will veto it, which they have the power to do, as they have absolute domain over DC....

I cannot see even a Democratic-led Congress allowing that to stand, just because it is an embarrassment to them to have recreational weed floating around DC while it is a federal offense.....next thing you know, all the congressional aides will be stoned, and nothing will get done or passed....

If they do let this stand, it will be somewhat hilarious, don't you think, the prospect of people walking down the mall getting lit legally in the summer?......actually insane.......

As I say, truth is stranger than fiction..
And thus the whole hypocrisy in R mindset.

"The 'freedom' do do what we tell you to do!"

I hope the young ones are paying attention. ..

Old 11-06-2014, 03:44 AM

Quote:
I hope you do not drink alcohol or coffee or tea.
or take an aspirin or cold medicine or laxative...

Quote:
The Leave It to Beaver generation is the Sgt. Pepper's generation. Beaver ended in June, 1963. Sgt. Pepper's came out in June, 1967. Four years does not a separate generation make.

LOL!!!!!

Last edited by portlandphi; 11-06-2014 at 03:59 AM..

Old 11-06-2014, 04:49 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,584,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Your user name tells it all. A hipster hippie wishing real hippies ill will and death.

How's that PeaceAndLove thing working for ya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I suggest a new user name. I'm almost positive I mentioned that before.
This one doen't fit you at all.
Oh, it was made as more of a joke haha.

Anyway, anyone find it hilarious how the same people that are in power today, the very same ones who during the 60s and 70s were all about peace and love and equal rights for all, are today the VERY SAME people that advocate for things like TSA, and all the draconian/oppressive laws/rules in place today? What really gets me are lots of them are Vietnam war vets, the LAST people I'd think who would want to impose such draconian/oppressive laws. What is up with that? Was Vietnam not bad enough for them? Maybe more of the boomers should have died in Vietnam....

Old 11-06-2014, 05:07 AM

249 posts, read 332,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I hope you do not drink alcohol or coffee or tea. If you do, then you are a hypocrite!

Very few things in life are so black and white.
I drink green and stinging nettles tea. I don't get high from tea. How can you even compare tea to smoking weed?

Old 11-06-2014, 05:17 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,104,603 times
I am so glad the people have and will continue to speak on this issue. It is time to repeal this bull---- laws and stop the insanity of Nixon. I have said before I have never touched the stuff but a freedom loving and believing for all American's we have the right do as we please to our bodies. Stop wasting $75,000 per year to house one single prisoner.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Maybe more of the boomers should have died in Vietnam..
shame on you.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:47 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,584,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
shame on you.
Well, it's not as if the boomers stuck with the same beliefs/ideals they had during the 60s and 70s. We're a police state now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events