Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 PM

607 posts, read 761,020 times

Advertisements

Truly, is this "news"?.....

Why is this the major business story of the day?......I don't think being gay is shocking on any level anymore. Now, if someone had a backstory on Steve Jobs being gay, and a gay "boys club" network that led to Cooks' promotions, that might be somewhat interesting...

But just the mere stand alone fact that Cook is gay?........news?...and this in San Francisco?

please....

what a slow news day, evidentally.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 06:55 PM

294 posts, read 242,808 times
It's odd because we're told that being gay is no big deal, but then everyone makes a big deal about being gay.

Here's another thing that's odd about gays. You only ever hear about them after they are successful. You will always hear about lots of successful gay people. I presume one gay person at least ever has formed a company that has failed. But you'll never hear about that guy being the first failed gay CEO.

Here's another thing about Tim Cook. Who cares, regardless, whether he's gay or straight? And what I mean by that is, he's just the most recent CEO of a company. All that means is that at some point Apple hired a gay guy. He didn't lead the company to greatness, did he? I didn't care about him three days ago when I didn't know he was gay and I certainly don't care about him now when I do know he's gay. I keep hearing about how he's the first gay CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Big deal. I don't care who any of the other CEOs are and neither do most people, if they're being completely honest, so why do I care about Tim Cook, other than he's gay?

Old 10-30-2014, 11:16 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
It's funny when certain folks come out and all of us say collectively " no ****."

Who did they think they were fooling, and who cares anyway?

I guess people do this because they are trying to increase awareness or something. I don't personally care about anyone else's sexuality unless I happen to be sitting in their lap.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:37 PM

418 posts, read 727,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbolo View Post
It's odd because we're told that being gay is no big deal, but then everyone makes a big deal about being gay.

Here's another thing that's odd about gays. You only ever hear about them after they are successful. You will always hear about lots of successful gay people. I presume one gay person at least ever has formed a company that has failed. But you'll never hear about that guy being the first failed gay CEO.

Here's another thing about Tim Cook. Who cares, regardless, whether he's gay or straight? And what I mean by that is, he's just the most recent CEO of a company. All that means is that at some point Apple hired a gay guy. He didn't lead the company to greatness, did he? I didn't care about him three days ago when I didn't know he was gay and I certainly don't care about him now when I do know he's gay. I keep hearing about how he's the first gay CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Big deal. I don't care who any of the other CEOs are and neither do most people, if they're being completely honest, so why do I care about Tim Cook, other than he's gay?
Seems like you had a lot to say considering you don't care.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:14 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,769 times
I suppose it's news because of who he is, but frankly it doesn't interest me as his sexuality has no meaning in my day to day life. My Mac Mini is working just fine, and that's good, but I could really care less who the guy sleeps with.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:38 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
iGay....who cares?

Memo to Cook: Stop blubbering, quit talking about your personal life, and get back to work.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:51 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
"Who cares if Tim Cook is gay?(does it really matter at this point)?"

Apparently, the OP cares enough to create a thread on it.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:53 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
So far, the only people in my FB circle who have commented (nastily I might add) are gays.

Go figure.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:15 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,695 times
He's trying to save his job, his running of apple is horrible. The gay issue will make the board wary of firing him, not wanting to be perceived as anti gay.

bill

Old 10-31-2014, 05:22 AM

15 posts, read 12,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmilw View Post
Seems like you had a lot to say considering you don't care.
I don't care that he's gay. I didn't say that I didn't care about how certain people try to portray homosexuality. Two different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events