Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:29 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,160,703 times

Advertisements

It's not just "because they felt like it." It is because thee are too many irresponsible pet owners and this is what happens when you live in a democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 07:37 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,274,180 times
I'm all for saving a therapy dog but let's stop breeding ALL (violent) dogs, k?

SAVE THE MUTTS!!

LESS BREEDING= LESS KILLING

Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,396,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
It's not just "because they felt like it." It is because thee are too many irresponsible pet owners and this is what happens when you live in a democracy.
Exactly The ban is common sense. They should add mastiffs to the list as well.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:03 AM

240 posts, read 252,251 times
Good for the town! Every time anybody complains about Pittbulls, the PC crowd gathers like wolves to tear him or her down, claiming our information about Pitts is wrong and that we're ignorant about the breed. Did you really expect us to go away and remain silent while the Pitt population grows, despite the increase in the number of deadly Pittbull maulings? Did you really expect that we'd permit unleashed Pittbulls to roam our neighborhoods, attacking our children and elderly, while the owners insist Pitts are gentle and misunderstood? You did, didn't you.

This is one ban that I hope spreads across America. I support it 100%.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:45 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
i'm for a ban of pits because
they were bred to kill, and it's in their blood.
What were they bred to kill?
Rat terriers, feists bred to kill rodents.
Hounds bred to kill bear.
Great Pyrenees bred to kill predators.

I'm sure there are others that were bred to kill something. Probably the Chihuahua, nasty little ankle biters. Pits were actually used for bull baiting, not killing, and animals that showed any aggression towards humans were destroyed because (even as humans began using them in dog fights) it was necessary to handle them even in the midst of an event. Unfortunately humans have began breeding/cross breeding the American Pit bull terrier for a larger size and aggression. So what many of us pit bull owners know as the pit bull is not necessarily the same dog as others know as the Pit Bull.

Quote:
is it EVERY SINGLE PIT that's going to go and attack? No, of course not. Duh. But anytime we hear about a fatal dog attack...we already know.
Would that be the same reason we always hear about a cop beating/shooting a perpetrator but never a perpetrator shooting a cop? Or a white person shooting a black person but never a black person shooting a black person?

Old 12-09-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What were they bred to kill?
Rat terriers, feists bred to kill rodents.
Hounds bred to kill bear.
Great Pyrenees bred to kill predators.

I'm sure there are others that were bred to kill something. Probably the Chihuahua, nasty little ankle biters. Pits were actually used for bull baiting, not killing, and animals that showed any aggression towards humans were destroyed because (even as humans began using them in dog fights) it was necessary to handle them even in the midst of an event. Unfortunately humans have began breeding/cross breeding the American Pit bull terrier for a larger size and aggression. So what many of us pit bull owners know as the pit bull is not necessarily the same dog as others know as the Pit Bull.

Would that be the same reason we always hear about a cop beating/shooting a perpetrator but never a perpetrator shooting a cop? Or a white person shooting a black person but never a black person shooting a black person?
Ummm...remember Christian the lion? If not, google it. He was quite the friendly old chap. I'm sure there's a few others as well. But common sense, and a knowledge of typical lion behavior tells us we shouldn't be permitted to keep lions as pets. It's a no-brainer really.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Ummm...remember Christian the lion? If not, google it. He was quite the friendly old chap. I'm sure there's a few others as well. But common sense, and a knowledge of typical lion behavior tells us we shouldn't be permitted to keep lions as pets. It's a no-brainer really.
So dogs that have been domesticated for thousands of years are equivalent to undomesticated wild animals. That's quite a leap.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So dogs that have been domesticated for thousands of years are equivalent to undomesticated wild animals. That's quite a leap.
Pittbulls have proven time after time that they aren't domesticated enough to walk freely amongst us. Neither are lions. Sad that some people don't get that.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Pittbulls have proven time after time that they aren't domesticated enough to walk freely amongst us. Neither are lions. Sad that some people don't get that.
You are entitled to your opinion but I see Pit bulls walking among us daily with no incident, so its not proven.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:39 PM

Some people will forever be in denial about the dangers of pittbulls. No sense even trying to talk sense to them. I get sick when I see pittbull owners posting pictures of their toddlers getting their faces licked by their Pitt. They pimp their own kids, putting them in harm's way, just to protect their dog from what they consider scandalous talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events