Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 07:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times

Advertisements

I would not want to live in a town with loose pit bulls too many kids killed by them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 07:59 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,889,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarvortex1415 View Post
December 1, all Pitt bulls and Rottweilers will be rounded up and euthanized in Moureville, La. This isn't because of any one particular event. They did it because they could.

Petition to save Zeus the therapy dog:

https://www.facebook.com/savingzeusybaby?fref=photo
Zeus looks more like an American Bulldog than a pitbull.

American Bulldog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-23-2014, 11:25 AM

136 posts, read 200,248 times
I agre that Zeus doesn't necessarily look like a Pitt bull. But apparently the family believes he is one, so IDK....

Old 11-23-2014, 06:26 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,497,324 times
Damn I wish this could be a federal ban :/ Hopefully more communities follow in these foot steps.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:40 PM

136 posts, read 200,248 times
The problem is.... Apparently the town has specific problems with specific dogs. Instead of dealing with those specific dogs and owners, they banned the breeds.

So, if a poodle or a golden retriever or a basset hound runs around chasing people, will this town then ban those breeds?

The town needs to deal with the issue and enforce fences or owner responsibility. Their solution doesn't solve their problem. What if those problem owners get rid of the Pitt bull and Rottweiler and get a boxer and a lab... More breed bans?

It's mind boggling stupidity ...

Old 11-23-2014, 06:45 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,421,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So.. until these dog owners demand that certain tests and qualifications be enacted to discriminate against certain types of people from keeping these dogs...these dogs should be banned. You can't have your cake and eat it too, folks. Either you get off your PC bandwagon and go after the dangerous people who tend to keep these dogs, or your precious dogs go. Sorry folks but that's the way it is. People should not be afraid of walking down the street because these dogs are uncontrolled by their bad owners. Go after the owners by banning certain types pf people from keeping these dogs.
PC bandwagon? Who are these dangerous people you speak of?

Old 11-23-2014, 06:52 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
I am fine with the banning of pitt bulls. They are overbred and over populated, and clearly can be very dangerous in the wrong home. Our animal shelters here are filled with them. The last one I visited (it's a new one - and quite large) had not one single large-breed dog that was not a pitt bull. Really such a shame.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:38 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I am fine with the banning of pitt bulls. They are overbred and over populated, and clearly can be very dangerous in the wrong home. Our animal shelters here are filled with them. The last one I visited (it's a new one - and quite large) had not one single large-breed dog that was not a pitt bull. Really such a shame.
Same here, with a few rotties thrown in. Tons of chihuahuas as well. Those are also overbred in my area.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:25 PM

142 posts, read 294,082 times
More people are attacked by Golden Retrievers and Shepard's than Pit Bulls. I know a postal worker who was killed by a Shepard. I disagree with the way this town did a ban because they should have grandfathered in all the dogs already living there and made it illegal to bring anymore of that breed to the town; and they should have instituted strong leash laws.
But, personally I'm for a ban of the Pit Bull because they are so often the victims of abuse; because they outnumber 6:1 all other dogs for adoption in shelters throughout the country; and because they are also the most euthanized breed in kill shelters throughout the country. That should be considered unacceptable for any animal lover out there. If they're not born they can't be hurt.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:27 AM

5,880 posts, read 6,946,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I am fine with the banning of pitt bulls.
Here is a list of reputable organizations that disagree with that.
http://www.animalfarmfoundation.org/...ndorse_BSL.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events