Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,356,163 times

Advertisements

just wondering... Was there a toxicology on Brown. Was he high/drunk?
Never heard anything about this. would explain A LOT.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I wonder how many hours Wilson rehearsed his grand jury testimony. And how many lawyers helped him fabricate it.
No matter how he fabricates it, the crime scene evidence can't be forged. Blood splatter samples, bullet Exit wounds and gun powder samples collected supports his story.

You can keep hammers how fraudulent the story is but the fact is. Michael Brown was shot at very close range and he had weed in his blood.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:05 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I wonder how many hours Wilson rehearsed his grand jury testimony. And how many lawyers helped him fabricate it.
Well then maybe you should tell Obama and Holder about your secret insight, because the Attorney General's office isn't pressing charges either.

Why is that? Why is an African American Attorney General known for civil rights prosecutions choosing not to press charges? Could it be that there's nothing to charge?

Old 11-25-2014, 07:10 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Well then maybe you should tell Obama and Holder about your secret insight, because the Attorney General's office isn't pressing charges either.

Why is that? Why is an African American Attorney General known for civil rights prosecutions choosing not to press charges? Could it be that there's nothing to charge?
I gave no insight. Just wondering.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am so sick of people assuming "weed" only makes people mellow. Just like booze can make people mellow, it can also make them violent, goofy, depressed, etc., as can THC.
Has that been your experience?

Old 11-25-2014, 07:25 PM

677 posts, read 673,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Buck View Post
At the end of the day, this is all just a circular argument until people actually try to empathize with one another.

I see it from both ends as a black male who grew up in an affluent white community.

I've gotten profiled just for being black. The white kids at my school sold drugs. I played violin! But walk into a department store and I would be the one followed.

Most of you guys wouldn't understand that because it's never happened to you. But would you choose to actually listen to my story or would you write it off?

No one is going to make any progress until we finally start listening to each other. Who is actually up for that?
Poor you ... I'm a white male and got frisked by security while leaving a record store when I was 16, even though I never stole anything in my life. Had cops frisk me, too, for no particular reason.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Really? Because I gotta say, I grew up in a wealthy, white, conservative area of the country - one of the wealthiest in the country, in fact. Many of my peers shoplifted and smoked pot in high school. They're teaching your children, writing your newspapers, and making your laws as we speak.
How many of them attacked a cop and tried to disarm him/her?

Old 11-25-2014, 07:52 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I heard a Black woman owner of a beauty salon that was destroyed being interviewed today. She was wondering how she was going to feed her children with her source of income gone. It was heartbreaking.

This isn't a racial issue. It's much bigger than that. This is the age-old struggle between people who try to do the right thing and people who revel in chaos and hatred and especially those who find monetary gain in doing so.

And I sat last night listening to the broadcast and thinking about the tremendous, enormous amount of money and constructive endeavor that has been spent for this single death when every day many law-abiding citizens are dying unnoticed and unremarked.

The Brown family may never stop to think about the efforts that were made on their behalf to ensure that they got justice.

I saw the sobbing child crying over her mother's shoulder trying to comfort her hysterical mom and thought, This isn't right. That child is being further traumatized by this atmosphere of rage and drama.

Wouldn't it have been better for mom to have saved her rage for a time when her children weren't present and at the present focus on the kids who have also lost a close family member?

There are a lot of powerful people and organizations who have made money manipulating the people there who chose to make their decisions based on their emotions rather than rational thought.
And so there we have it, that's essentially why we haven't heard more speak out on behalf of those local business owners - because they have - or in some cases now, had, something, or made an effort, they're seen as not deserving enough, not street enough, not 'sexy' enough, just too much of 'the man'. Though for some the sense of injustice is real (they simply don't believe the policeman's version), in many cases the show of outrage is just grandstanding. So much for any romantic notions of the noble poor. The underclass can be just as selfish and self-centered as any rich fat cat.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
What facts am I ignoring? I'm taking this from the thread that outlines his testimony.
You claim you act a certain way around police. Do you act a certain way around other black males? You know, the people who are most likely to murder you.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
You claim you act a certain way around police. Do you act a certain way around other black males? You know, the people who are most likely to murder you.
Thats an interesting comment. Got a link for it or is it your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events