Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times

Advertisements

He probably needs it. His nightlife has certainly impaired his ability to do his job.

Johnny Manziel of Cleveland Browns entering rehab to 'improve' himself - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 10:37 AM

672 posts, read 789,154 times
Depends on why he is really doing it. I hope that he is sincere, I hope that this is of his own accord, and not just for better PR, or because he is being coerced by outside forces.

I wish him the best.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:06 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,074 times
I question his sincerity. Manziel is a spoiled rich kid, regardless of his athletic ability or not. I personally don't see Jonny Football as having anywhere near the career of Montana, Brady, Manning, or some of the other greats

Old 02-02-2015, 01:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Depends on why he is really doing it. I hope that he is sincere, I hope that this is of his own accord, and not just for better PR, or because he is being coerced by outside forces.

I wish him the best.
An ESPN report came out recently about how many of his teammates think he's a joke and he was outplayed by fellow rookie QB, Connor Shaw, who went undrafted. There are talks within the organization that Manziel is not even being considered to be the franchise QB for Cleveland. He could enter the 2015 season 3rd on the depth chart.

We'll see how this pans out.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:10 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
An ESPN report came out recently about how many of his teammates think he's a joke and he was outplayed by fellow rookie QB, Connor Shaw, who went undrafted. There are talks within the organization that Manziel is not even being considered to be the franchise QB for Cleveland. He could enter the 2015 season 3rd on the depth chart.

We'll see how this pans out.
He WAS outplayed by Connor Shaw. Watched that 'kid' at the other USC while he was playing there.. Very solid player. I think if he got a shot with the right organization, he could be a good starting QB. Browns are not that organization. I'm talking about Shaw here.. Manziel below..

His problem is maturity.. Plus, likely, a problem with alcohol.. This does smell of something he was pushed into by the Browns organization, however. And, good for them for doing it.

I think they likely told him either he went to rehab or they'd cut him.. If I'm not mistaken.. His rookie contract is pretty small.. About $7M guaranteed.

Last edited by Labonte18; 02-02-2015 at 04:31 PM..

Old 02-02-2015, 04:15 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times
He's a rich entitled white kid and people are surprised of the heavy alcohol and drug use

Old 02-02-2015, 05:42 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,492 times
I wish him, Tebow and Sam well.

All three were affected by the same issue-------Public adoration. I am not stating this with any axe to grind with either one of the three or their supporters/detractors. Don't care if anyone acted better than the other. We seem to adore the wrong group/type of people in this country.

Just my opinion.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
I don't see that Tebow has any problems when you look at his off field activities in college and since.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:02 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't see that Tebow has any problems when you look at his off field activities in college and since.

Definitely and what I'm saying is essentially congrats Tim for moving on, hope Sam accomplishes the same and hope that Johnny gets his sh+t straight and do good in whatever.

To add--Tim probably is more deserving of public respect now cause he has get it figured out and has moved on. More respect now as an individual that as a football player.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:43 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
Definitely and what I'm saying is essentially congrats Tim for moving on, hope Sam accomplishes the same and hope that Johnny gets his sh+t straight and do good in whatever.

To add--Tim probably is more deserving of public respect now cause he has get it figured out and has moved on. More respect now as an individual that as a football player.
Out of the three.. Tebow I probably have the most sympathy for.. In a way, at least.. I mean, you could tell watching him play.. He sucked in the pro system.. But.. He won. I'm surprised someone didn't legitimately give him a shot just due to that. And, let's be honest.. The Jets didn't give him a shot.

Sams I equate with Collins(?).. The NBA player who came out.. When he was to be a free agent, and had no chance of signing with another team, because he was really just too old. I felt both of them played the gay card in order to try and get the public behind them to have a team sign them. Didn't work for either of them.

Johnny Football is arrogant.. Seems to be an a-hole.. And now is apparently an alcoholic. Who's the QB i'm thinking of that is now in prison.. It isn't Leaf.. Had a big time gambling problem.. Early 80's QB.. Art.. Schliziter or something like that? That's who Manzeil reminds me of.

Many, many former pro football players.. Especially the ones who finished college with a legit degree.. Do go on to bigger and better things when their careers are over.

If you watch the 30 for 30 "Broke".. That's a minority. Still recommend watching it, tho.. Something about seeing Andre Rison wearing bling after 2 bankruptcies and a woman burning down his house that makes you shake your head..

It took a while.. But even 'ol Dexter Manley has come around. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Manley I believe he stated that he would Ring Danny White's Clock, and Clean his Bell.. Which made more sense when you found out that he graduated from OSU without knowing how to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events