Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:59 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

This year's Super Bowl was the best entertainment value in a long time.

The biggest takeaway from yesterday was the game itself.

The halftime was well done, somewhat up to date, and lacked controversy.

The commercials were not oversexualized or controversial - very family and kid friendly for the most part.

It just seemed like good, stress free entertainment for a few hours.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 06:20 AM

21,137 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Didn't watch. Don't care. Has zero relevance in my life. Just can't get excited about a bunch of grown men throwing a ball around.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:36 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Didn't watch. Don't care. Has zero relevance in my life. Just can't get excited about a bunch of grown men throwing a ball around.
Same here. Had no interest in it at all. From what I could see on the news the wailing of whoever that was singing at the 1/2 time show, was better off left muted.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:45 AM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Absolutely ZERO value to us. It and other sporting events are the present day version of the gladiator games. SB has become the NFL version of Westlemania.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:52 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
About the same here.....well, half way.

I don't watch the SB, it often interferes with my bedtime (graveyard worker), so it never has had a relevance in my life.

HOWEVER, after watching the Bowl Games New Year's Day, I could get into watching a well played game.

So, to answer your question, on the football game alone, it's possible to have an entertainment value to me but for the half time show and the commercials (which up to two years ago, I didn't know the significance of those commercials)...............no, not much...........................

.....................................so far.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:19 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,753,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This year's Super Bowl was the best entertainment value in a long time.
The commercials were not oversexualized or controversial - very family and kid friendly for the most part.
Except for the kid drowning in a bath tub, and having a tv fall on him, or the phone call of the woman getting beat.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:29 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
I always love the people who have to go out of their way to tell us how much they didn't care about the game and how they didn't watch it. Good for you? That's not what this thread is about.

Great game, some memorable plays and had a finish fans will be talking about for decades to come. I usually don't watch the halftime show, but I was somewhere where I couldn't change the channel. I thought it was a good show, although Katy Perry singing "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It" probably ruffled some conservative feathers, lol.

The commercials were good, nothing really stood out as far as anything super hilarious. I will agree with the above poster that there were quite a few depressing commercials, especially the domestic violence one with the "pizza order" to 911.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:55 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
Except for the kid drowning in a bath tub, and having a tv fall on him, or the phone call of the woman getting beat.
That was definitely the wrong slot for that commercial.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
....That's not what this thread is about.
From the OP.
What do you think?

Old 02-02-2015, 09:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Commercials were good, as usual Budweiser was at the top in my opinion.
Half time was forgettable unless one is a tween or into rap... The game, well, let me say up front since Green Bay wasn't there I didn't care who won. That being said the ending was a nail biter and I'm sure there were many in Vegas tossing things when the whistle blew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events