Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 06:14 AM

50,902 posts, read 36,586,381 times

Advertisements

3 down, 47 to go!

Marijuana: Officially Legal In Alaska As of Feb. 24
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 06:32 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,364,847 times
Making progress.....

Old 02-24-2015, 06:47 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,829,319 times
From those wild-eyed, leftist potheads at... Forbes:

Quote:
Given these differences, it stands to reason that if more pot smoking is accompanied by less drinking, the upshot could be fewer traffic fatalities. Consistent with that hypothesis, a study published last year in the Journal of Law and Economics found that legalization of medical marijuana is associated with an 8-to-11-percent drop in traffic fatalities, beyond what would be expected based on national trends. Montana State University economist D. Mark Anderson and his colleagues found that the reduction in alcohol-related accidents was especially clear, as you would expect if loosening restrictions on marijuana led to less drinking. They also cite evidence that alcohol consumption declined in states with medical marijuana laws.
More Pot, Safer Roads: Marijuana Legalization Could Bring Unexpected Benefits - Forbes

Old 02-24-2015, 07:09 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,091,678 times
I don't see it... forbes has never been on a ride along with me

As I have clearly stated many times... as testing gets better we will see a huge increase in mj DUI... one problem... they tend to use other drugs as well... hmmm which poison to test for....

Currently I can test for DUI alcohol.. book and write in about 60 minutes being very efficient...a blood draw means double that on a good day

Once we have a reliable mj field test watch the stats...every DUI is a potential murderer with a 4000 pound bullet off the street !

Old 02-24-2015, 07:11 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,777,231 times
Still have to pass a drug test for work. They'll get you one way or another.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:41 AM

463 posts, read 321,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
As I have clearly stated many times... as testing gets better we will see a huge increase in mj DUI
Does anyone else see the glaring problem here? Traffic accidents are actually becoming LESS of a problem. But he aims to change that through testing. In other words, if the problems go away, CREATE them instead. That is better for all leo's bottom line, after all. Too bad this stuff can't be based in REALITY instead.
Quote:
... one problem... they tend to use other drugs as well... hmmm which poison to test for....
NO ONE I know that uses cannabis uses other drugs. Heck, most don't even drink or smoke cigarettes.

The problem with your jaded view of the public is that all you see is the worst of the worst. Most of the types you encounter DO use other drugs and cause the mayhem that you attribute to pot. You are completely ignoring the mainstream. The mainstream public are responsible citizens that you rarely encounter in your line of work, and the majority of them are not on your side on this one. The numbers of cannabis users are in the millions. 20 million per month, in fact, according to the representative in Oregon who will shortly be introducing sane legislation on the federal level. With numbers like that, where is all the traffic mayhem that must already be happening? And, according to you, that means millions per month are "stumbling through the community" and "looking for criminal opportunities". Give it up, man! That assessment does not even approach reality.

Quote:
Once we have a reliable mj field test watch the stats...every DUI is a potential murderer with a 4000 pound bullet off the street !
There you go folks. Forget reality, forget logic, forget impairment tests. He wants a field test so that he can bust you based on your blood rather than whether you are actually impaired or not, regardless of the fact, yes FACT, that traffic accidents will almost certainly continue to fall as more states legalize.

Do you have any clue how much more effective you would be as an officer of the peace if you didn't have to worry about cannabis arrests?

Old 02-24-2015, 07:44 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,091,678 times
I wish I didn't have to worry about criminals... in your smoke filled haze you have that luxury

Does anyone else see the glaring problem here ? Attacking someone whose life is focused on keeping people safe vs. pursuit of a drug that's numbs conscious behavior?

Please try reading more carefully when I post and you comment negatively.... I spoke about BC AND impaired driving

I don't create human problems I do my best to mitigate their effects upon others...perhaps myopathy clouds your vision

Alaska has so many open spaces and so few people it will potentially be affected by legalization less than other states... hard to grow... easy to use in the winter when people won't potentially travel

The environmental damage from mj growing has been clearly documented... it will be interesting to see how Alaska deals with it

I will be happy to accept your correction and apology

Last edited by notmeofficer; 02-24-2015 at 08:10 AM..

Old 02-24-2015, 07:48 AM

Yes, you're right. My posts are most definitely constructed and worded in such a way as to expose my smoke filled haze.

Continue to read his posts, everyone. The more he posts, the more he exposes the fact that he does not care one iota about reality.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:25 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,345,421 times
Yay for progress! All in the last few years too :-)

Old 02-24-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Does anyone else see the glaring problem here ? Attacking someone whose life is focused on keeping people safe in pursuit of a drug that's numbs conscious behavior?
Attacking? I'm sorry, I don't see it. I'm just calling you on it when you post non-fact based nonsense. And I wish you could keep myself and others even safer from the real criminals than you already do, but you can't because so much of your time is wasted on destroying people's lives because of a plant that you don't even come close to understanding. However, when you are out in the field facing those real criminals I do appreciate it. Please understand, I have no problem with you, it is insane laws I have a problem with.

Quote:
a drug that's numbs conscious behavior?
That is one of the most telling statements you've ever made. Anyone who has experience with cannabis knows how wrong that statement truly is. It proves what I said, you don't know the first thing about cannabis. You've really exposed your ignorance here. And, when you post stuff that is so blatantly wrong like this, you lose all credibility with those who know better, so it is counterproductive to your cause.

Quote:
Please try reading more carefully when I post and you comment negatively.... I spoke about BC AND impaired driving
I'm sorry. I don't know what BC is and I don't see it in your post. Must be my smoke-filled haze...

Quote:
I don't create human problems I do my best to mitigate their effects upon others...perhaps myopathy clouds your vision

Alaska has so many open spaces and so few people it will potentially be affected by legalization less than other states... hard to grow... easy to use in the winter when people won't potentially travel

The environmental damage from mj growing has been clearly documented... it will be interesting to see how Alaska deals with it
What in the world are you talking about? Unscrupulous drug dealers caused environmental damage because of the huge black market for the product. So what? That COMPLETELY goes away with sane laws in place.

I just cannot believe how out of touch you are.

Last edited by Vistaian; 02-24-2015 at 08:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events