Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:20 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,173,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistheend91 View Post
Idc what you claim to be. If you have a penis, it isn't okay to strip down around exposed females in their locker room.
That's not up to you. You values aren't law.

Quote:
I have no opinion on climate change, and that is irrelevant to this thread.
the joke

<--

your head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 10:45 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,023,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Again, you're consumed with ifs and maybes. I live in a world where bad things happen but most people aren't so afraid that they let it cripple them. You think fear should dictate how society works. I think you're too cowardly to take seriously.

Its not if and maybe. Its when and how often. Fear doesn't dictate otherwise I wouldn't go into public, have a job or do anything. Putting in common sense restrictions to try and minimize people being victimized does make sense though. I wouldn't expect you to man up and accept reality cause you're a coward so you throw a hissy fit and call people bigot to try and guilt them into seeing thing your delusional way.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
The law has nothing to do with this PF incident. Would you want a man pretending to be a woman in a locker room with your daughter? With his penis exposed and your daughter stripped down attempting to change or shower?
THAT has nothing to do with this Planet Fitness "incident." A trans woman stepped into a locker room, hung up her coat and purse, then exited the locker room. No swinging penises made it anywhere anyone's daughter, no one was molested, no one was assaulted. Nothing happened except an angry woman made a scene.
As for what I would want for my (hypothetical)daughter, I would want her to be an accepting person who knows the difference between a sexual advance and someone just going about their life. Your argument used to be lobbied against gays. People like you just assumed that big, butch lesbians would pillage and plunder women's restrooms and locker rooms unabated, corrupting America's youth. It didn't happen, and it won't happen with trans women either. As for straight men dressing up like women to assault women and girls in women's restrooms and locker rooms, that's a complete red herring. Men do that without playing dress up. Rapists are not cartoon bad guys, they're predators who aim to dominate. Worrying about men playing dress up to get at women in Planet Fitness is demonstrably stupid when rapists are roaming the streets, getting close to their victims through their families, drugging victims at bars/parties, etc.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Its not if and maybe. Its when and how often. Fear doesn't dictate otherwise I wouldn't go into public, have a job or do anything. Putting in common sense restrictions to try and minimize people being victimized does make sense though. I wouldn't expect you to man up and accept reality cause you're a coward so you throw a hissy fit and call people bigot to try and guilt them into seeing thing your delusional way.
You cannot even approach objective thought. You can't find a single instance of a trans person sexually assaulting someone in a women's locker room but you've already decided it's a big problem. You can't justify your own cowardice so you just call me a coward like a child repeating insults. And you can't admit that you're a bigot because it would mean that your way of thinking is wrong.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
You can't prove how this person was feeling. They could've been doing this simply to stir up the hornets nest for all we know. Wanting their 15 minutes of fame. Any rational person would know going into the opposite sex bathroom is going to draw backlash.
Moderator cut: personal attacks This trans woman was looking to make a scene and get her 15 minutes so she did nothing out of the ordinary? This is a person who views herself as a woman, not a man. She didn't use the "opposite sex" bathroom, she entered a woman's locker room, hung up her coat and purse, then left to work out. She never took her penis out, never caused a scene, never contacted the media until after it was already a story.

Last edited by Marka; 03-10-2015 at 03:38 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 12:03 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,023,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
This trans woman was looking to make a scene and get her 15 minutes so she did nothing out of the ordinary? This is a person who views herself as a woman, not a man. She didn't use the "opposite sex" bathroom, she entered a woman's locker room, hung up her coat and purse, then left to work out. She never took her penis out, never caused a scene, never contacted the media until after it was already a story.
*his penis

Last edited by Marka; 03-10-2015 at 03:39 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 01:41 AM

37,091 posts, read 42,078,286 times
A man looking like a man that comes into a place for women only needs to be questioned. There is no way to know why that person is there. In the case of a locker room/shower situation the trans person SHOULD make other arrangements when they know they don't pass. It's ridiculous to expect all women to assume a guy walking in on them while they are half dressed identifies as female. That just doesn't pass the "reasonable person" test. If a business wants to be all whatever gender inclusive they need to make arrangements, not just expect all their customers to shut their brains down.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:23 AM

19,625 posts, read 9,159,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
A man looking like a man that comes into a place for women only needs to be questioned. There is no way to know why that person is there. In the case of a locker room/shower situation the trans person SHOULD make other arrangements when they know they don't pass. It's ridiculous to expect all women to assume a guy walking in on them while they are half dressed identifies as female. That just doesn't pass the "reasonable person" test. If a business wants to be all whatever gender inclusive they need to make arrangements, not just expect all their customers to shut their brains down.
One of the best posts so far on this thread, I think.

The only thing I wonder is whether all trans people are aware of when they wouldn't "pass" in the judgment of most people, meaning that they might be deluding themselves as to their appearance.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:40 AM

19,625 posts, read 9,159,653 times
I have been wondering whether the most outrageous "in your face" behavior by the LGBT community isn't a planned "attack" to get attention to their cause and to gain just even the most basic acceptance.

I am beginning to think that it is a lot like a list of demands made by unions or strikers in which they put in a few obviously outrageous demands with the hope that the demands that are reasonable will be accepted with little fuss -- and I think that females being forced to share a changing room with people who are apparently adult males qualifies as being outrageous.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:57 AM

2,055 posts, read 2,558,275 times
Problem solved: if you have the "equipment" that's where you have to change your clothes at.

Humans suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events