Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 02:54 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Will there be chromosomal testing stations outside of bathrooms and locker rooms now?
I know genetic females that spook other women when they go into the bathroom because they look more masculine. I know genetic males that could easily pass for female if they wanted. I know trans women that are absolutely stunning and more feminine that many genetic women.

exception not the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 03:21 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Really? Maybe you should quit reading between the lines because you're seeing things that aren't there. PF said over and over in their statement and to the TV troubleshooter that it was the complaint that was the problem, then proceeded to expound on their policy, pointing to the complaint as a violation of their "judgment-free zones."

Had a man (one cannot change one's sex, and accommodating changing "identities" is nuts) dressed as a woman entered a women's restroom, I'd have high-tailed it out of there, too. And, contrary to what Davenport thinks, I wouldn't be thinking that I was the one who needed to be "educated."
That doesn't seem right to me. So the lady complained. She had a right to complain. If Planet Fitness wants to stand by their policy, fine, but don't drop her membership just because she complained. It seems natural that she would be surprised if she wasn't aware of the corporation's policy. And it's likely that many, if not most, people who are not transgender would not be aware of this policy.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:30 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,484 times
It is time for all public places to have three washrooms. One male, one female, and one transgender.

It's a valid complaint and there are sexual perverts out there who pretend to be transgender to get their jollies.

Like a poster mentioned, it's really horrible for little kids with pedophiles out there who can claim to be another sex.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:30 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Perhaps PF stands for Pander to the Freaks?

Old 03-07-2015, 03:35 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
It is time for all public places to have three washrooms. One male, one female, and one transgender.

It's a valid complaint and there are sexual perverts out there who pretend to be transgender to get their jollies.

Like a poster mentioned, it's really horrible for little kids with pedophiles out there who can claim to be another sex.
No use the restroom of what you are. People claim its not a big deal if a guy takes a dump in the womens stall then why cant he just use the mens? You don't put out the majority to accommodate the minority.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:42 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's time for mainstream society to push back against the Gay Mafia's promotion of their sick, dysfunctional, perverse lifestyles in our faces 24/7. Common sense says, If you have a penis, then you don't belong in the women's room.
Indeed it is.

The inmates are running the asylum isn't just a phrase anymore.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:38 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,577 times
I've known 3 male-to-female transgender people in my life. They all identified as women though they were chromosomally male. I knew them well enough for them to share things with me.

When they looked male (ie not in makeup, female clothing etc.) they would go to the male dressing rooms and male bathrooms. There was no way they would go into the female bathroom if they were presenting as a male, which appears to be what the person in this article did.

When they were presenting as female, they would go into the woman's rest room, etc. All said they were very discreet and strove not to be noticed if possible in these situations. They know people are intolerant. They just want to pee or change or whatever and get back out again without incident.

Hearing the people in this thread get angry about "these freaks" should make the impossibility of a transgender man presenting as a woman going into the male restroom obvious.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:48 PM

9 posts, read 16,319 times
Genitalia is considered secondary sex characteristics, they do not "prove" that an individual is xx/xy or any of the other variants that are out there. I used to be a member of Planet Fitness and I never saw anyone strip down in the main locker area, most changed in the bathroom area where there are stalls. We do not know enough about gender or know why transgendered people feel as they do and it's not my place to tell them that they are wrong. I do know that is a hard life for those individuals and it would be a very odd individual to start down that path just for cheap thrills.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:49 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,565,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Makes sense to me. Many athletic clubs have a separate 'family' changing room to accommodate mixed genders. I think that room would be appropriate for a transgender person to use until they are "fixed".

Old 03-07-2015, 05:14 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
No use the restroom of what you are. People claim its not a big deal if a guy takes a dump in the womens stall then why cant he just use the mens? You don't put out the majority to accommodate the minority.
Would be much less disturbing if a man with a penis, although dressed like a woman, goes into the mens locker room instead of the women's. Penises belong in mens facilities. Vaginas belong in womens facilities.

If the transgendered person in this story gets the heroic treatment, how long before we hear of horny heterosexual men dressing up as women to gain access to the locker rooms?

There need to be three locker rooms: Men, Women, and Family. "Family" is the catch-all, primarily for families, but also for couples and transgender.

Last edited by Zelpha; 03-07-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events