Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 07:28 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
this is such a prime example of what I mean when lgbt wants special rights. You are the one with the identity crisis you need to abide by the rules not just scream shout until the world conforms to you.
Um, the transgendered person is not the one screaming about anything. They were the one following the clubs rules. The person that had her membership revoked was the one violating the TOS of the club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 07:41 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not in my gym. We change in the changing rooms which are little stalls, much like the stalls in the bathroom.
Your gym then is probably one of the only ones in the entire world like that then. Every gym I have ever been to, that means from elementary school through high school, power lifting gyms, in the military at every base I been to, jiu jitsu, mua thai, here in the US, various countries in Europe, Russia, central Asia, Thailand; all had open locker rooms where people changed. My wife who is also an avid gym goer confirms the same that her gyms she has gone to also has open locker rooms.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:55 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
Um, the transgendered person is not the one screaming about anything. They were the one following the clubs rules. The person that had her membership revoked was the one violating the TOS of the club.

Not in this case but the people on this forum did you read the responses?

Old 03-07-2015, 07:59 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
As a woman, I don't give two craps who is in my locker room.

As a health care worker, I wouldn't shower/dress in one of those places EVER.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:07 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
one cannot change one's sex,
That's demonstrably false. Most states allow people to legally change their genders. The requirements vary, but it is possible both physically and legally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
and accommodating changing "identities" is nuts
Why? It doesn't effect you in any way. This is like complaining that some people are vegetarians or drive sedans instead of SUVs. You're angry over nothing.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:11 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times
Quote:
Considering that I am a member of the largest LGBT association in the state, I'm pretty sure I know more about my friends that are more masculine or feminine presenting than you do.

LOL well of COURSE you are. Because everyone on the internet is associated with everything.

Quote:
Sexual orientation is which sex a person is attracted to.
Gender identity is what gender you identity as.

I am a lesbian (sexual orientation) and a female (gender identity).
Some transexuals are heterosexual some are homosexual, some are bisexual, some are asexual.
Herp derp. Didn't address what I said, though. Trans = homo, obviously. What difference does that make, not much but you're the one making the silly claim that a man wanting to attract another man isn't homosexual just cause he wears a wig and a dress. Burden of proof lies with the one making the ridiculous claim.

Quote:
Have a nice trip to the police station with those assault charges.
Don't be silly. No court anywhere would convict anyone of assault for stopping a man from going into the women's locker room right after his 14 year old daughter or his wife. Seriously, think about what you're typing.

Last edited by LordHelmit; 03-07-2015 at 08:24 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 08:15 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
That's demonstrably false. Most states allow people to legally change their genders. The requirements vary, but it is possible both physically and legally.

Why? It doesn't effect you in any way. This is like complaining that some people are vegetarians or drive sedans instead of SUVs. You're angry over nothing.

And there is the problem. Yes, one can "legally" with paperwork and words "change" their gender, but you can;t REALLY change it. Gender is a biological determination, it is determined before you even pop out of your mama's cooch. Ya know, XX XY chromosomes and all that er...nonsense (actual, real, verifiable molecules). What you are born with is what you are, simple as that. No two ways or special semantic way around it. If you're born with a dick, you're a man. If you're born with a cooch, you're a chick. If, later in life, you decide you don't like your plumbing, fine, have it surgically altered but it does NOT change who you are and you should NOT force other people who have accepted who they are to bend to your disgusting will.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:23 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
And there is the problem. Yes, one can "legally" with paperwork and words "change" their gender, but you can;t REALLY change it. Gender is a biological determination, it is determined before you even pop out of your mama's cooch. Ya know, XX XY chromosomes and all that er...nonsense (actual, real, verifiable molecules). What you are born with is what you are, simple as that. No two ways or special semantic way around it. If you're born with a dick, you're a man. If you're born with a cooch, you're a chick. If, later in life, you decide you don't like your plumbing, fine, have it surgically altered but it does NOT change who you are and you should NOT force other people who have accepted who they are to bend to your disgusting will.
Your will seems pretty disgusting to me. Why should anyone else have to accept yours?

Old 03-07-2015, 08:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
LOL well of COURSE you are. Because everyone on the internet is associated with everything.
Glad that you THINK you know more about my life and my friends than I do. Can you also look into your crystal ball and tell me the winning powerball numbers?

Quote:
Herp derp. Didn't address what I said, though. Trans = homo, obviously. What difference does that make, not much but you're the one making the silly claim that a man wanting to attract another man isn't homosexual just cause he wears a wig and a dress. Burden of proof lies with the one making the ridiculous claim.
Trans does not equal homosexual.
I am saying that a trans man can be heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual. Sexual orientation is not the same thing as gender identity.

Quote:
Don't be silly. No court anywhere would convict anyone of assault for stopping a man from going into the women's locker room. Seriously, think about what you're typing.
Any court in the US would find you guilty of assault if you physically assault someone.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:27 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
You state "gender" though, which is different than biological sex. A person cannot change what sex they are, no matter what any law states. They cannot change what sex they are no more than I can state I am a cat, even if the law states I can.

Quote:
It does effect people, as we see in this thread; many women do not want a man in the locker room, many men do not want a woman in the locker room. Either one claiming they are opposite is just BS. If a man identifies as a woman, fine, but he is still biologically a man, and should use the facilities designated for men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events