Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:39 AM

24,298 posts, read 17,043,427 times

Advertisements

It's pretty sad when this type of tragedy happens and even sadder is that for many the cop is always guilty until proven innocent. Why doesn't the initial blame fall on the perpetrator that caused the cop to pull his gun to stop the situation from escalating. When a policeman is forced to pull his gun and squeeze that trigger it is a lose lose situation for all involved.
There is a reason the cop was there at the house so the initial guilt and blame should be on the party that caused the police to come knocking. Without the struggle the kid would have probably been arrested and out of jail the next day.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:21 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,514,737 times
How about this? Instead of the media sesationalizing every incident between a person of race and the police, why don't they report every incident between everybody, including white people, and police. I think it may come out that rather than police against black people, it may show they go after criminals regardless of race.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:31 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,072,207 times
And from the story conveniently left out...

"the officer was responding to a call about a man jumping into traffic. He followed the teenager to an apartment and forced his way inside after hearing a disturbance. “This same subject then assaulted my officer and in the context of mutual combat, the officer did draw his revolver and subsequently shot the subject,” Koval said. The officer apparently suffered a blow to the head and was taken to the hospital. Although he did not say for certain how many shots were fired, Koval said it was likely more than one."

There are articles all over the internet stating things as fact.. that arent,, and people are making judgements without quality information and before substantive investigations are done

After Rodney King everyone was a video editor sticking a camera in my face asking me If I was going to beat their daddy
After Ferguson good community relations have been set back and gang bangers feel enabled to fight with police and get away with it

Now we have instances where people WILL get shot who are unarmed and the "public" will decry it... come ON DOWN..please.. help make the world better...

Any copper today has to be resolute in protecting themselves... 300 pound gentle giants can be thugs under the right circumstances..

In this case from what I can tell this 19 year old ADULT... Tony Robinson whose mother has a different name (Irwin) (and this is important because we might to want to know WHY the 19yr old man did what he did and parenting or lack thereof might be some root cause.. so we can effectively address this type of encounter) fought with the officer knocking him to the ground... the officer killed him for it... (which potentially is justifiable under the law).. the street isnt a boxing gym and an officer isnt your punching bag.. if you try it may end very badly for you

Old 03-07-2015, 11:52 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,056,910 times
Why are there no protests for the black on black shootings?

If these communities hate the police so much, I say the police should leave those areas and let the people fend for themselves. Same with fire and ambulance services.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:57 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,094,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Why are there no protests for the black on black shootings?

If these communities hate the police so much, I say the police should leave those areas and let the people fend for themselves. Same with fire and ambulance services.
There are.

Why are there no protests for white on white shootings? Or school shootings? Or unjust wars? Or Wall St. bums robbing the Middle Class?

People want answers to why so many are being killed at the hands of our government. If that doesn't concern you all then there's no point in reasoning.

How many Americans have been killed by Ebola? Isis?

Old 03-07-2015, 12:24 PM

19,779 posts, read 12,024,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There are.

Why are there no protests for white on white shootings? Or school shootings? Or unjust wars? Or Wall St. bums robbing the Middle Class?

People want answers to why so many are being killed at the hands of our government. If that doesn't concern you all then there's no point in reasoning.

How many Americans have been killed by Ebola? Isis?
Because it would interfere with their jobs.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:32 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,971,490 times
Of course the mother is out there saying her son is a sweet angel and wouldn't hurt a fly.

No father figure around of course.

I see a pattern here...but of course that is racist thinking right?

Old 03-07-2015, 12:35 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,406,393 times
I'll wait for the facts.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:38 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,280,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
When will the madness with these police officers end?
Probably when young black males stop attacking police officers. I think that would be a good start.

And given this dude's long criminal record, he should have never even been out on the streets.

But facts don't matter, protest away. "Hands up don't shoot" or whatever the newest lie now is. Ignore the real problem (young black males committing crimes), let's blame everyone else.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:43 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,280,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There are.

You're just completely lying here. Either that, or you must be incredibly ignorant and isolated from society at large. And your comments sound like some old hippie or something- yeah, man Wall Street "robbed" the Middle Class, uh, because some dude on the street told me so!

There are no major protests in the black community for black-on-black crime. Please show us where blacks respond to the thousands of dead blacks every year in a manner equivalent to Ferguson. You can't because most people don't care. There are no U.S. cities being burned down like Ferguson because blacks are angry about black-on-black crime.

And the rest of your comments are idiocy too. There is no epidemic of "white on white" shootings. Gun violence between non-blacks is like 5% that of blacks. There are TONS of protests against school shootings (which aren't race-based) and TONS of protests against Wall Street (have you been living in a cave over the past few years, have you never heard of the Occupy movement??)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events