Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 06:50 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,558,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
So true.
CNN's Don Lemon says that 72% of babies are born to unwed black mothers. That's messed up. The men producing these children are not "fathers" in any sense of the word. They're men having sex witout any regard for the consequences.
(Rosemary,) The cycle continues.. The Smoking Gun is reporting that the man who was killed in this incident (Robinson), had a paternity judgment in his past.. Along with his felony conviction for armed robbery.

The protestors (translation: agitators) conspicuously show up when a Black felon is killed by police, but were often no where to be found when the heavy lifting of providing loving guidance for these guys was needed in their childhood. The so-called 'community' is populated with hypocrites selectively pointing out injustice. If these creeps would be parents, providing loving discipline & support, they wouldn't end up at these protests & vigils every weekend.. my opinion.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:13 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times
'One of the best' is slain while stopping a robbery

How come no protestors for this? Well, it's not fun protesting when a cop is murdered. None of the activists show up, it doesn't fit their storyline. Haven't heard 1 national new story about it. It's vanished off the internet, no threads here, nothing.

Instead, people can't wait for a kid to be killed by a cop. But when the facts come out, 6 months from now and the cop is exonerated, the activists will still be protesting it.

But the cop who got killed trying to protect the community, he's nothing.

Is it any wonder inner cities are war zones? These people don't know who their real enemies are. Hint: it isn't the policeman who takes the violent lawbreakers off the street. It's the activists who feed off tragedy and try to stimulate more of them.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:39 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
When a black shoots another black, unless the shooter is rich, there's no one to shake down.

Black on black violence doesn't attract the cameras so Al and Jesse won't show up.
Black on black violence usually leads to an arrest and conviction. No need to protest over that since justice is being served.

Anywho...There is very little information released at this point, yet people are already on the "**** da police", "Police should be martial arts, mma fighters, boxing experts" and " was on drugs" "probably deserved it" bandwagon.

Majority of articles out regarding this incident only state hearsay, and it should be painfully clear to all by now, that peoples words should be taken with some skepticism. There is no way that anyone can say for certainty if the officer was in the right or wrong until we get the video and or more information. On what basis has anyone here concluded that the officer was in the right?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:49 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Black on black violence usually leads to an arrest and conviction. No need to protest over that since justice is being served.

That's a bold statement

Murders Of Young Black Males Are Less Likely To Be Solved, Report Says | WUIS 91.9

Stop snitching

Old 03-08-2015, 08:53 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yet we have seen no arrest of those involved in criminal protest. Seems kind of odd justice to me and even now they want to act as if the police were not cleared.
There have been dozens of looting arrests and a handful of arson related arrests in Ferguson. Those don't make national news, but they have certainly made local news.

Only one that really bothered me was Josh Williams. They had multiple clear camera angles of him setting a building on fire right in front of a news team filming him. But, he before he was caught, he was a "protest leader" making the circuit of major news networks, appointed to commissions, and even visiting the White House. His indictment was buried and eventually dropped quietly with an insanity plea. Yes, an insanity plea. But other people who did little more than join the mob mentality and walk off with some weaves or shoes are facing prison. (Which they should be facing charges, but since they were not high profile leaders visiting the White House, no one is negotiating insanity pleas for them.)

Edit: Just learned this morning that Josh Williams was in Selma yesterday leading the group of protesters chanting "We want change!" during Obama's speech. Guess that insanity plea worked.

Last edited by marigolds6; 03-08-2015 at 09:15 AM..

Old 03-08-2015, 08:56 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
You are not paying attention. About 40 cops in the St Louis area have been terminated or are facing termination over issues related to police shootings since August (the Terrell Beasley shooting alone will take down over 20 officers). I think many of these officers had it coming, but they are taking the fall for politicians who are the ones who truly failed, and none of whom will lose their jobs.

That's a start.

I'm not one of those people looking to send someone away for a long time over a mistake. Hell, even jail time in some cases. What I want is accountability.

Lose your job possibly. Lose wages. Lose pension, etc.

The rules on 1 side are very different the rules for another group and I think that's wrong. Especially when the protected group is given the authority that it holds in this country.

Any other profession, people are punished when they make mistakes. Hell, in some, you don't even have to make a mistake, just underperform.

I understand Policing is very different. But with the responsibility that Police officers hold, we need to make sure they're the best and brightest. If that means paying more and having less officers in some cases, so be it. Let it be a privelege, not just something someone goes into because they need money.

Many more than that have simply quit their jobs and left the area because of specific death threats against their families (and the DoJ has ordered their departments to do nothing to investigate those threats, much less defend anyone against them). I am not even an officer, and some idiot has been threatening to rape my wife. As we hit tax season, about 1:3 civilian employees in local departments and even more police officers are finding out that they have had their identities stolen and tax returns filed in their names. And the DoJ has already made it clear that these will not be investigated either.

If I told you what I lost in all of this it would make you sick. Luckily, I'm recovering and getting some of it back.

Let's put it this way, the locals weren't the only ones being harassed and targeted. Anybody involved was. It was going both ways. And the Police, and Police supporters weren't the only ones getting death threats.

People are sick.

The ones who are really dangerous are the extremist. I haven't talked to my ex in years, but we're both able to talk about the issue, without getting upset, being biased, etc. He listens to me about issues and vice versa.

Not all cops are bad.

And then there is Bryan Willman. An astounding number of people still believe he was the real shooter. He had to leave the state and change his identity. He lost his job, his house, and even his name.

I'm not familiar with that case but it sounds like a loss. Again though, it goes both ways. In some areas, you go against the Police and you better leave town. And I'm being serious.

When I was simply trying to fight a DUI ticket where an officer falsified documents, I was in fear of my life and was even warned by my public defender. I go to a simple traffic case Wed where the officer involved assaulted me nearly 2 years ago.

The whole fear, intimidation, violence thing goes both ways. There are Police who will assault, entrap, or kill you.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:04 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,179 times
The only thing these "protesters" are doing is making everyone tired of this bullshiat.

I'm now a minority, I live in Atlanta. The culture here is toxic. "Fathers" nowhere to be found. Violence, drug deals....but to speak out against these self-defeating behaviors automatically gives you the title of racist.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:13 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
The only thing these "protesters" are doing is making everyone tired of this bullshiat.

I'm now a minority, I live in Atlanta. The culture here is toxic. "Fathers" nowhere to be found. Violence, drug deals....but to speak out against these self-defeating behaviors automatically gives you the title of racist.
There's nothing wrong with speaking out, but there is a problem when you have to use subliminal messages to get your point across like many of the posters on this site who wouldn't dare say the stuff they spew here in person.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:16 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
'One of the best' is slain while stopping a robbery

How come no protestors for this? Well, it's not fun protesting when a cop is murdered. None of the activists show up, it doesn't fit their storyline. Haven't heard 1 national new story about it. It's vanished off the internet, no threads here, nothing.

Instead, people can't wait for a kid to be killed by a cop. But when the facts come out, 6 months from now and the cop is exonerated, the activists will still be protesting it.

But the cop who got killed trying to protect the community, he's nothing.

Is it any wonder inner cities are war zones? These people don't know who their real enemies are. Hint: it isn't the policeman who takes the violent lawbreakers off the street. It's the activists who feed off tragedy and try to stimulate more of them.

"It's vanished off the internet, no threads here, nothing." So why not make a thread when stories like that (unfortunately) come out instead of complaining about it?

Old 03-08-2015, 09:17 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post

Many of us were addressing the hypocrisy. But those voices were being drown out and the orgs pushing the 'victim' platform were backed by big money (Soros in this case) and were pushed to the forefront.

That's why people think #BlackLivesMatter is an actual Movement It's not. It's a Soros funded and backed non-profit being used to keep the media focused on his business interest. Basically its a black face for his financial interest. It's also a kill 2 birds platform where they're pushing the lgbt agenda into the black community.

The real Movement, #TheMovement, was going strong before Ferguson ever came to the spotlight. It's what highlighted the Brown case and got this whole Black Liberation Movement and Millenial Liberation Movement started.

But you'll never hear about that in the MSM.

Protest is effective. For example, when I tried to bring up this very issue 2 years ago I was called every name in the book, a Police hater, a race baiter, etc, etc. But now that you've had protests, and the national media is focused on the issue, your finally seeing the issue being addressed and the injustices being brought to light.

Protest is vital to Revolution but at the same time you don't want to hurt your cause by bothering those sympathetic to your message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events