Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 12:49 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
Ignore the thousands of black on white physical attacks happening in this country every year and make national news out of a harmless 9 second almost unintelligible video. Until the same nationwide media attention is given to black murderers, rapists and hate crime perpetrators against whites I find it impossible to care about this video.
What does that have anything to do with this topic.

Sheesh.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:51 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,129,336 times
Quote:
Ignore the thousands of black on white physical attacks happening in this country every year and make national news out of a harmless 9 second almost unintelligible video. Until the same nationwide media attention is given to black murderers, rapists and hate crime perpetrators against whites I find it impossible to care about this video.
Because blacks 99.9% of the time will be served justice so it's not a big deal.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:04 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,393,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Because blacks 99.9% of the time will be served justice so it's not a big deal.
That is an outright lie. I can cite hundreds if not thousands of cases where authorities are reluctant to record black on white attacks as a hate crime. Media sources reluctant to cite the race of black perpetrators in their very own articles reporting the incident. Hence the terms "youths" and "teens" as descriptions for rampaging black mobs who attack fairs or malls filled with white people.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:06 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,573,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Surprise surprise. And people wonder why blacks play the "race card"..
Well, that and because it's actually still a problem (but only if you happen to be black, otherwise it's someone else's problem).

These kids knew better, they deserved what happened. And if they are horribly ashamed for their actions, all the better.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:13 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
I bet you're one of those people who spam YouTube vids with anti-racist is a code name for ant-White lol.

Every race is a victim of the actions you mentioned, and every crime doesn't make national news.

If it bothers you so much that those crimes aren't reported how about you stop complaining and take action?

My goodness, every thread on CD where someone's clearly in the wrong you have the few Devil's advocates that either downplay the situation or live in denial.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:17 PM

365 posts, read 499,238 times
Quote:
I think you need to go back to the Yahoo comment section...

Old 03-09-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I bet you're one of those people who spam YouTube vids with anti-racist is a code name for ant-White lol.
Irrelevant.

Quote:
Every race is a victim of the actions you mentioned, and every crime doesn't make national news.
I never said otherwise.

Quote:
If it bothers you so much that those crimes aren't reported how about you stop complaining and take action?
There is only so much someone without high level media or political connections can do. You must know that. Either that or you're not very bright.

Quote:
My goodness, every thread on CD where someone's clearly in the wrong you have the few Devil's advocates that either downplay the situation or live in denial.
It's impossible to downplay a non story that makes national news.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
I think you need to go back to the Yahoo comment section...
Because C-D is the Harvard of chat rooms or something?

Old 03-09-2015, 01:19 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,298,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Too bad, if they had allowed blacks in the fraternity their chant would have had more rhythm and cadence, but they have no doubt been singing that corny chant in private for over 100 years.
Okay, thumbs up, that was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
everyone was in arms about free speech with the whole Charlie Hebdo fiasco. does free speech not apply here?

freedom of speech: just because you can, doesnt always mean you should.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should, but it also doesn't mean a government institution should be able to punish free speech. Then there is no more free speech.

The president of the university could have called the video deplorable, protestors could picket the house, any number of other measures, but for the government to act is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment. If the 1st Amendment can not protect speech people find detestable, then it has no meaning.

All the president of the university had to do was call the video deplorable and say he was in contact with the SAE National Office.

The National Office of SAE pulled the chapter's charter, which is their right to do, and it isn't a violation of anyone's rights because being in a fraternity is a privilege, not a right.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:25 PM

Members of the fraternity are now receiving death threats. So how many of you are in favor of this? I'm guessing it puts a smile on many of your sick psychotic faces.
Racist fraternity video leads to student death threats at OU | USA TODAY College
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events