Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 02:46 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
Other documentaries completely debunked that one, including Fat Head where a man LOST weight on a McDonald's diet. He also discussed how it was impossible to get the results that Morgan Spurlock claimed to achieve and, unlike Spurlock, HE ACTUALLY RELEASED HIS MEAL INFO!
Ive heard this as well, apparently there have been dozens of studies and tests and not a single one has been able to replicate the results from "Supersize Me". Let's face it here, "Supersize Me" obviously had an agenda. Now, I am not saying McDonald's is healthy but as long as you don't go totally overboard it's certainly possible to eat fast food on a very frequent basis.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:59 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Here's what's funny to me. I go to the Cleveland Clinic to see various doctors. They have cafeterias in all their many buildings that serve all kinds of healthy food only. It's not cheap. But waaaaaay in the back of the main building is one fast food restaurant. Guess what it is? Yup, McDonald's.

The people you see in the more upscale cafeterias are the doctors, nurses and other medical types. Those you see in Mickey D's are a bit more shabby in appearance more than likely the poorer patients. Not that McDonald's is cheap but compared to the other cafeterias, it is downright reasonable. So cost is still relative if you want a meal at the Cleveland Clinic.

I suppose because a Ronald McDonald House is on the campus, the CC, an institution dedicated to good health, has to allow one of its fast food restaurants on its premises. But I still think it kind of strange to see a health facility that clutters my inbox with articles telling me how to eat to stay healthy will also sell me a Big Mac with no hesitation. Oh the irony!

That's one Mickey D's that will never go out of business.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:01 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There's a segment that don't care about the price. They want consistency and above average quality.

These are folks that flock to Starbucks and pay the $5 iced frap. $10-15 burger meal should be no big deal as long as it is worth it and comes with rewards card.
I make a good salary, (and I generally eat healthy, but will indulge in an occasional burger)...but I can promise you there is no freaking way I am paying 10-15 bucks for a burger. And I couldn't care less about a rewards card.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:03 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
tastes change and people just don't like mcdonalds as much anymore.

Even kids I know, my nieces and nephews, don't really care abut mcdonalds or "happy meals," and when I was a kid, we were obsessed with those.

I admit I used to get mcDs all the time as a teenager, however now I can't think of any younger person I know who ever wants to get McDonalds.

When I stop into a McDonalds (usually only for breakfast on road trips) it seems like the clientel is now pretty much 100% senior citizens.
McDonalds is in other countries also. If you look at the clientele in Mcdonalds in Asia, Europe, it is mostly young people. 95% of the customers will be less then 40 (75% less then 25)and most preferred items are Big Mac, Fries, Coke and Quarter Pounders. Young people and Burgers/Fries is their core and they should not divert from it.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:05 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
They got rid of the mcskillet burrito. Killed my favorite breakfast.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
I'll admit that I like the quarter pounder, the big mac, and their fries but I refuse to go there, or any other "old school" fast food place. They have gotten ridiculously expensive for what you get.For only a few bucks more (if I stick with a coke) i can go to any of the local bars and get a real 1/2 pound hamburger done right with fresh cut fries.

I tried their chicken wraps which I thought were pretty good but all the chicken is is a larger chicken nugget so it's no good. Why don't these places just take a skinned chicken breast and cook it. Why do they have to grind it up, mix it with inedible crap and mold it back into some form of a chicken breast?

Also, since I am trying to eat better, Chipotle and Panera Bread are nearby and for the same price I can eat much better and not leave hungry.

There are plenty of other choices around now days so why clog your arteries with McDonalds, Burger King or Wendy's.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:09 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
They'll be just fine. As long as they still have kids going there, they'll do fine. And I'll still pop in every now and then. Sometimes, the experimenting that they do with new products doesn't always pan out.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:23 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
They got rid of their angus burgers. That swiss/mushroom one was amazing.
No way will I spend the same amount I spent on those on a quarter pounder or the like.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:44 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
It's just the trendy thing to trash mcdonalds for being disgusting and unhealthy and then go eat at jack in the box. The trend will fade eventually.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:28 PM

387 posts, read 589,250 times
havent eaten at McDs in years. aint no one got time for greasy fatty food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events