Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 05:29 PM

298 posts, read 704,376 times

Advertisements

I always ate the grilled chicken sandwich with the whole-wheat bun. Was actually quite good! So now they've discontinued the whole wheat bun & I'm no longer a customer.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:30 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times
They forgot their roots. Good quality hamburgers, made on site sliced french fries, while keeping the price low, and the place clean! Simple !!!

Old 03-09-2015, 06:03 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
They forgot their roots. Good quality hamburgers, made on site sliced french fries, while keeping the price low, and the place clean! Simple !!!
I have fond memories of McDs fries from my youth, a far cry from the greasy cardboard they call french fries now.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:06 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
I can eat their fries, but some of the burgers put a big knot in my stomach and make me feel miserable. I haven't purchased a burger from them in maybe 2 years. The filet of fish is also horrible.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:07 PM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alle View Post
I always ate the grilled chicken sandwich with the whole-wheat bun. Was actually quite good! So now they've discontinued the whole wheat bun & I'm no longer a customer.
I remember that one. Some of the items they discontinued I find to be perplexing. And yet they keep reintroducing that disgusting McRib for some reason.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:10 PM

78,371 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
FACEBOOK is McDonald's worse enemy. Most of my friends on FB constantly post about how unhealthy McD's is -- and I agree, I haven't eaten there in over 7 years myself. Propaganda is spreading like wild-fire though. The easiest way to affect large scale change these days is through FB.

If you have more than 100 friends, I'm sure you've seen many of them 'sharing' things about McDonald's before too. That s*t catches on quickly. They need to do something to make their food healthier or they will be bankrupt in a few more decades.
Good point. McDonalds has been trying to address it with things like fruit in their kids meals etc. so they are keenly aware that they have a "healthy food" issue.

They've also grossly saturated the market and there are so many better options out there.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:26 PM

685 posts, read 720,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
FACEBOOK is McDonald's worse enemy. Most of my friends on FB constantly post about how unhealthy McD's is -- and I agree, I haven't eaten there in over 7 years myself. Propaganda is spreading like wild-fire though. The easiest way to affect large scale change these days is through FB.

If you have more than 100 friends, I'm sure you've seen many of them 'sharing' things about McDonald's before too. That s*t catches on quickly. They need to do something to make their food healthier or they will be bankrupt in a few more decades.
I stopped eating them in 1977 . My father stopped at a McD's en route to O'Hare Airport to pick up some friends. I refused to eat anything from there. Dad said, "Walk home." I did. It was a mile and in Chicago. I couldn't lose.

Their prices are very high. I bought a medium pizza with a couple toppings for $12. It's a three meal pizza and that makes them cheaper than McD.'s. They began with, "Just 47 cents will get you french fried potatoes, a great-thick shake, and the greatest 15 cents hamburger yet." (Close?) They were a mainstay for us for a while when the first opened. I don't know if there's anything of nutritional value in any of it these days (or back then).

Old 03-09-2015, 06:31 PM

807 posts, read 897,934 times
What they're doing wrong is that they are losing control over their identity and brand image. The McCafe effort was a good one at trying to clean up but it involved a second mistake in that they are simply trying to become what other stores already are. They also have an uphill battle to fight regarding their food's place at the bottom of the totem pole.

If McDonalds is smart, they would find a way to play up one of their strongest properties: The fact that they were around in the '50s.

Go with a retro 50s-60s look, bring back beef lard fries without apologizing for it, tear out those playground bacterial incubators, pay more for happier staff who have the skills to follow the 50s-60s theme with a good attitude, then price their food accordingly. Aim for quality within a niche that they can control and make the most out of their enormous and presumably efficient supply chain. Play up their original identity before the 90s and 00s confused their brand image. Trim out franchisees who can't keep up with the upgrades.

No need to give up wifi conveniences, better quality coffee and healthier food options if they think it helps, they just need to find a way to fit those quality goods into a clean and moderately unique theme without overextending themselves.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:38 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
IMO McDonald's is the worst of the fast food restaurants.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:56 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
1) Get rid of the clown. It creeps me out...probably not relevant?
2) Tell us what Grimace is...not relevant, just an eccentric personal desire...
3) Lower prices....
4) Stop trying to be hip...
5) Serve breakfast all day...or at least from midnight to noon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events