Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 09:31 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times

Advertisements

Pricing.

The other thing? They've committed the classic branding sin by trying to branch out into other lines such as gourmet coffee, salads, and the whatnot. Instead of remaining true to their core business, they are now having to support these ancillary lines that lead to only incremental sales. Yet these additional items require untold millions in additional advertising support.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:32 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shify View Post
Stop repeating everything you read on the internet. .
Exactly those urban legends are made to fools stupid people.

They put a hamburger into a test tube and add the same things in stomach acid and say it doesn't digest.

That's a lie. First of all digestion starts with chewing food and mixing it with saliva, they don't tell you that they that.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:33 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Not sure about this around the country. But we walked out on MCD's on the interstates in and around NY. Astounded at the prices. I figure they think they 'gotcha'....

Old 03-10-2015, 09:54 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I agree - I can eat a meal at McDonalds for $3.50...McDouble, small fry and large tea. That's $7 for two people to eat. You can't get much cheaper. Most mom and pops are about $7-8 for a sandwich, side and drink...2x more expensive. For a couple, that leaves the wallet $7.50-$9 lighter. When I just want something to quench my hunger, that makes McDonalds or similar a viable option.
I feel absolutely horrible if I were to eat something like that. I like fast food, but don't care for McDonald's. There are so many other locations that are much better (Culver's, Burger King, White Castle, and other regional chains) that McDonald's isn't really an option.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:36 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,114 times
All the people saying mcdonalds is too expensive makes me fear that the US middle class really has vanished.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:47 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
I haven't eaten there in years for the simple reason that the food there does not taste like food.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:48 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
All the people saying mcdonalds is too expensive makes me fear that the US middle class really has vanished.
Unless you're eating off the dollar menu or have coupons, it's really no cheaper than the competitors. You can also get discounts and dollar menus most everywhere else.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:49 AM

29,797 posts, read 24,880,628 times
I don't eat there simply because the bulk of the menu is geared towards a 9 year old. I wouldn't turn it down if it was offered. I doesn't taste bad. I just wouldn't go out of my way to eat it. Many of the ingredients in both the food and packaging are also bad for you. I assume we eat many things that are bad for us unknowingly though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
BS. Fast food jobs have always paid minimum wage or close to it yet many years ago, customer service and pride of the job still existed. Now, you are lucky if the employee speaks English and they still think they are entitled to 15 an hour. Fact is, minimum wage jobs have NEVER been thought of a job that you can support a family on. Minimum wage jobs are not careers, they are a job until you find your career. Of course, your job might lead you into your career of managing a fast food restaurant, but managers get paid a lot more than minimum wage.
It isn't McDonald's fault that the bottom of the labor pool has degraded. At the same time, wages adjusted for inflation have not kept pace. So in a way, we really are getting what we paid for when we go to Crapdonald's. I like to maintain some faith in humanity, which is why I do not frequent fast food establishments.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:51 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I do not have very many friends on FB. I never really got into it that much . Do your friends also dislike other fast food chains as well?
I will say one good thing about Facebook. The amount of information that is out there and available for people to read about how bad the food they eat is has changed many people's habits that I know. This makes me happy. As far as McDonald's is concerned, all they have is crap, nothing they have is of any nutritional value when weighed against what else is in the food and its caloric content, and I couldn't give two craps if every fast food restaurant and every restaurant that served overly fatty oversalted overly sugared food went out of business tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:52 AM

17,140 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
A meal off of McDonald's menu board averages $7-$8.
Directly next door to it is a rather nice Japanese restaurant that serves lunch specials:

Sashimi lunch: 12 pc sashimi: $10
Sushi Lunch: 5 pc sushi: $8
Hibachi platter or bento box w/ choice of chicken, beef, salmon, tofu, jumbo shrimp: $8
-All come with salad, soup, and a california roll.

I'd much rather spend my $8-$10 on one of the above than $7-$8 a box of fries and a bland burger.

And their cheaper stuff (McDouble, McChicken) is just plain awful.

Quote:
I don't eat there simply because the bulk of the menu is geared towards a 9 year old. I wouldn't turn it down if it was offered. I doesn't taste bad. I just wouldn't go out of my way to eat it. Many of the ingredients in both the food and packaging are also bad for you. I assume we eat many things that are bad for us unknowingly though.
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events