Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:12 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,548,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I think more and more people are realizing how many extra calories one can can consume with a 1/4 pound burger/fries/coke etc. Since the nutrition information is now made public, we would stop and think if we are consuming the whole days worth of calories in one meal. We getting more health conscious I think.
Did you ever see the documentary Super Size Me? Well worth watching I think. A man lives on nothing but Mcdonalds food for a month and documents what happens.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:13 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
They have Gluten so obviously I cannot eat there. My body demands no gluten and that I raise my pinkie when drinking tea.

I demand Gluten-Free McDonalds!

Old 03-09-2015, 10:15 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I do not have very man friends on FB. I never really got into it that much . Do your friends also dislike other fast food chains as well?

No! Not nearly as much by a long shot.
Mc'D's is the arch-nemesis of Facebookers.

"Increasingly, younger diners are seeking out fresher, healthier food and chains that offer customizable menu options" - yep. And which age group dominates Facebook the most? Younger crowds. They're seeing this propaganda and going with the newly forming 'taboo' of eating at McDonalds.

McDonald's Faces 'Millennial' Challenge - WSJ

Old 03-09-2015, 10:19 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
There are two McDonalds restaurants near here.
Both seem to have 5 or more cars lined up the the drive-thru every time I drive by.
Both seem to have many cars in the parking lot, especially in the morning and evening.
If their sales are declining, it isn't obvious.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:21 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,787,191 times
I think they are being affected by people's interest in quality food. Chains like In & Out, Five guys and Shake Shack brought something new to the burger experience and it's better. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth when I get a patty with substance. Also they campaign to eat better has people cooking at home. I buy meat from a farm and cook at home Wayyy more than I eat out. The only time I go to McDonald's is for my tween as a Friday night "treat" or in my opinion compromise.

McD's used to be the trend setter but times are changing fast. They have to innovate or learn to keep up.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,151 times
https://www.facebook.com/I.am.vomitin.it

Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post

No! Not nearly as much by a long shot.
Mc'D's is the arch-nemesis of Facebookers.

"Increasingly, younger diners are seeking out fresher, healthier food and chains that offer customizable menu options" - yep. And which age group dominates Facebook the most? Younger crowds. They're seeing this propaganda and going with the newly forming 'taboo' of eating at McDonalds.

McDonald's Faces 'Millennial' Challenge - WSJ
Interesting. I guess they focus on McDonalds because it is the biggest and most famous. I could not read the full article because you have to subscribe. The article I posted does state they are trying to create a customizable sandwich system in some places. Do you think that will help ?

Quote from article:

"McDonald’s is retooling its U.S. operations in a bid to speed up service and draw customers back to its roughly 14,000 domestic restaurants. As part of the effort, the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company plans to expand its Create Your Taste program, a customizable sandwich system, to more U.S. restaurants this year."

I also wonder if the younger generation will change their mind about going to McDonalds when they have kids and need to find somewhere that has a place children can play and be loud and burn off some energy without bothering the other customers?

Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
Personally, I think they should get back to their roots. Hamburgers, fries, Big Mac at reasonable prices. If I want a chef's salad, I'm sure not going to McDonald's to get it.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:30 AM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
My wife and I went to Mcdonalds Saturday night. We were in a rush between shopping and going to see a movies and I HAD to have a Shamrock Shake.
I don't like Mcdonalds preferring Burger King to them. I think the last time we went to McD was last year when I got a Shamrock shake.

I think they are over priced. I got a quarter pounder, fries and shake, my wife a chicken sandwich and fries and it was $15. The burger and fries was good so I can't complain about that but in the past they have been kinda gross.

We all know fast food is not good for us and now it is pricey so I think that is their main problem.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Thank you for your post. Are McDonalds in Korea really serving dog meat burgers? That is terrible. I posted about the subject of dog meat on another thread. You can probably still find it if you scroll down on here.

Update: many on the internet are saying that rumor is false and that the article about it was meant as satire.They are saying McDonalds is not serving dog meat in Korea.I hope not.

Last edited by vanguardisle; 03-09-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events