Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:53 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times

Advertisements

I wonder if it is because they bit off more than they could chew. They tried to turn themselves into a place that caters to everyone. Their menu is huge; many types of chicken sandwiches, too many burger variations to count, wraps, salads, too many specialty sandwiches (mcrib , etc), multiple side offers besides fries. I think they need to get back to their roots. Stick with basic burgers, fries, shakes. People don't go to McDonald's to eat healthy so they should stop trying to think they have healthy choices.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:55 AM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times
I prefer s-l-o-w food, myself. Getting too old for that fast food.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:56 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,531 times
The food's terrible?

Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
You think McDonalds does not taste as good ? Or do these others offer bigger portions? I agree eating at home is healthier than most restaurants.
I think McD's is bland and salty. The preferred palate of a 10 year old. I think their food is the texture of a well worn sponge. I must say I did get a grilled chicken sandwich a few weeks back when I forgot my lunch. I was surprised that it tasted good. The other places are more satiating. Five guys puts me in a food coma for about 4 hours. I've only ate there twice in all honesty.

We make burgers at home. I bought a commercial style fry-cutter from Amazon and we eat fresh fries and grass fed beef. My kid prefers our homemade fries now. Can't wait til her taste buds mature.

Last edited by MAXIALE02; 03-09-2015 at 12:19 PM..

Old 03-09-2015, 12:00 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Apart from being overpriced for what you get, there are too many good fast food alternatives to make McDonald's worthwhile to me. I'm talking about the Chick fil a's, Five Guys', Chipotle's, Habit Burger's, etc.; no longer is McDonald's just in competition with Burger King and Wendys. Sadly, they haven't adapted to meet the changing times and, as a result, continue to lose market share.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:02 PM

624 posts, read 762,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post

No! Not nearly as much by a long shot.
Mc'D's is the arch-nemesis of Facebookers.

"Increasingly, younger diners are seeking out fresher, healthier food and chains that offer customizable menu options" - yep. And which age group dominates Facebook the most? Younger crowds. They're seeing this propaganda and going with the newly forming 'taboo' of eating at McDonalds.

McDonald's Faces 'Millennial' Challenge - WSJ
I live in an economically depressed area and our local Chipoltle is *always* crowded, usually with the millennial crowd. A burrito and a drink cost about ten bucks.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:02 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Personally, I think they should get back to their roots. Hamburgers, fries, Big Mac at reasonable prices. If I want a chef's salad, I'm sure not going to McDonald's to get it.
I think you are right. The McDs near me was rebranded as a McCafe a few years ago. That didn't work out, so they took down the McCafe signage. Now they have no sign at all. It's like they don't even know what they want to be. That are waiting for the next new thing to try before they put up a new sign. Thats has got to be creating brand confusion, especially with younger people.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:03 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
Why do people continue to eat fast food? Everytime I drive by a McDonalds, there are always a lines of cars for the take out window. I stopped eating that garbage in my early 20's when I understood if was all saturated fat and empty carbs. I hope young people are more concerned about the quality of food they eat, resulting in less sales for all the "fast food" joints. If I have to have a burger, I'll grill it myself or get one with a side salad or veggies. Fast food is bad s*@$.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:05 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
If I have to have a burger, I'll grill it myself or get one with a side salad or veggies. Fast food is bad s*@$.
Everyone in the world knows that fast food is bad for you (in a diet of nothing but fast food,) but the point is that it's fast. Sometimes your flight lands at midnight and you have no food in the house, so you go through the drive through on your way home. Sometimes you're on a road trip and you don't want to stop for an hour to eat. Sometimes you just want some fries. It's not great, but it serves a purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I don't go there very often anymore, we prefer Wendy's if we need a burger. Honestly, McD's food just tastes really blah.
And if I'm going to eat fast food, it seems like Wendy's has more options than McDonalds. You can get a burger made to order and a baked potato, or a salad and a cup of chili. It's still a sodium bomb, but it's not just burgers and fries. Also, whatever chemicals the Frosty is made out of are delicious.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:11 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Just a silly observation, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why it is so impossible for McDonald's employees to align a slice of cheese on a burger patty. It's just standard to receive burgers with the cheese wrapped around the bottom bun and paper wrapping, with less than a quarter of it on the patty itself. It's this carelessness in preparing such a simple food product that bothers me. No quality standards whatsoever. And that's just what we *see*.
Well, thats what you get, when you have a cook who is paid so little money that he has got to get food stamps to feed his own family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events