Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 01:20 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,114 times

Advertisements

tastes change and people just don't like mcdonalds as much anymore.

Even kids I know, my nieces and nephews, don't really care abut mcdonalds or "happy meals," and when I was a kid, we were obsessed with those.

I admit I used to get mcDs all the time as a teenager, however now I can't think of any younger person I know who ever wants to get McDonalds.

When I stop into a McDonalds (usually only for breakfast on road trips) it seems like the clientel is now pretty much 100% senior citizens.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:24 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
McDonalds is in other countries. Look at what gets bought in those stores. Often it is the standard fares that MCDonalds used to make, not healthy choices.

People don't go to fast food places to eat healthy. McDonalds fell into the myth that serving healthier food would gain customers.

If you go to a fast food place for healthy food that is a rather poor way of accomplishing the goal. You go to a fast food place for convenience and because you like the taste.

Like any business, certain demographics are not your customers. Health conscious people are not McDonalds customers. Not understanding your customers is one of McDonalds problem. Trying to feed into the healthy food pressures is another.

McDonalds hasn't made a single person fat, they did it all by themselves by using shovels and pitchforks to eat.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well for me personally, I could not consume all that in one meal, so if those were the two choices, I would absolutely choose a MD hamburger....they dont taste like cardboard to me. Certainly not a Five guys, but I like them in a pinch. Prefer their grilled snack wraps
though...they are really good. No contest on the money either. Pretty sure I have NEVER spent $7 on meal, for myself, at a MD's or BK, or a Wendy's. Now if it was for my son, sure...he eats 3 times what I do.��
I've never been to a 5 guys, but I have seen their burgers and they are huge.
The place I go to is locally owned and the burgers are about the size of a McD quarter pounder. Personally, I can't stand the taste of McD burgers and the local place has far better tasting burgers, plus it helps local growers (one of them is my neighbor) and ranchers so it's a win win.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:26 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
McDonald's is still around? The last time I went there was either 1994 or 1995. I get Arby's once every few months, Chik Fil A a couple times a year, pizza delivery once in a blue moon, and that's it for fast food.

What are they doing wrong as far as me? Being McDonald's I suppose.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:35 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I've never been to a 5 guys, but I have seen their burgers and they are huge.
The place I go to is locally owned and the burgers are about the size of a McD quarter pounder. Personally, I can't stand the taste of McD burgers and the local place has far better tasting burgers, plus it helps local growers (one of them is my neighbor) and ranchers so it's a win win.
No, Five Guys has small burgers on the menu as well. I would never order the regular ones!! Their small cheeseburger is 550 calories though, more than I want for a small meal, unless I have not eaten and have the calories to spare. They are very good though.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:36 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
McDonald's is still around?.
Do you never leave the house??

Old 03-09-2015, 01:36 PM

862 posts, read 1,196,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
McDonalds is in other countries. Look at what gets bought in those stores. Often it is the standard fares that MCDonalds used to make, not healthy choices.

People don't go to fast food places to eat healthy. McDonalds fell into the myth that serving healthier food would gain customers.

If you go to a fast food place for healthy food that is a rather poor way of accomplishing the goal. You go to a fast food place for convenience and because you like the taste.

Like any business, certain demographics are not your customers. Health conscious people are not McDonalds customers. Not understanding your customers is one of McDonalds problem. Trying to feed into the healthy food pressures is another.

McDonalds hasn't made a single person fat, they did it all by themselves by using shovels and pitchforks to eat.

I agree. The reason McDonalds fell into the myth that serving healthier food means more customers I believe a lot of it was due to McDonalds and ONLY McDonalds being pressured to do it. Funny that the other chains were more/less somehow able to get a pass. Really is Burger King healthier than McDonalds ?? Pizza Hut ?? Taco Bell ?? KFC ?? Dairy Queen ??

I also agree that McDonalds should sell the breakfast items all day long. I asked a few managers of McDonalds about this only to get "..when pigs fly !!"

Old 03-09-2015, 01:38 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,440 times
Also consider McDonald's has become the synonym for counterculture (if you will). Anything that is considered bad is pretexted by putting a 'Mc' in front of it. Ie.McMansion. In essence trivializing a said topic.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:40 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
Even as a kid, I preferred BK over McDs because at McDs, they put onions and mustard on my burger and I had to pick/scrape them off- whereas at BK I could choose just what I wanted (this was in the 70's/early 80's).

As an adult, I have never liked their burgers, and haven't had one since I was forced to by my parents when I was a kid.

I do like an occasional Egg Mc Muffin when I have an early meeting at work. And about twice a year, I get an intense craving for a Filet-o-Fish and some fries. They taste good going down, but I never feel very good after I've eaten the meal- probably because its completely unhealthy.

The Buddhists say that impermanence applies to all things - McDonald's isn't any exception.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:43 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
I think in my area we just have more fast food options now than we used to. It used to be "What do you want? Fried chicken, McDonalds, Burger King, or taco bell?" Now for almost the same price (maybe a buck more) you can get Chipolte, Chikfila, etc. If Im in a hurry and am going to spend 8 bucks its not going to be on Mcdonalds mediocre food, its going to be on a burrito with fresh ingredients or a delish fried chicken sandwich and a milkshake. Seriously have you tasted a McDonalds chicken sandwich? Its like youre eating something you found under your dishwasher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events