Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,965,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Go watch the videos (and the many more that youtube will show you afterwards) and then maybe I'll take you seriously. If you can't understand the simple concept that men aren't always stronger than women, well, you're in for some disappointment in life.
I did watch the videos and they are irrelevant to what we are talking about. Do you understand what the term "in general" means? Maybe you will understand it if I put it in visual terms: IN GENERAL men are taller than women. Does that mean that women can't be taller than men? No, it just means most of the time a man is taller than a woman. Just like most of the time a man is stronger than a woman. You don't need to take me seriously. I could care less about that. But if you ignore established simple scientific facts regarding human physiology then you seriously need help. Here are some links to help you understand just how wrong you are:

http://***.physiology.org/content/116/10/1342 I don't know why the link comes up as ***, replace the *** with j a p (no spaces) for the study

Sex differences in human physiology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How Much More Muscle Mass Does a Male Have Than a Female? | Healthy Living - azcentral.com

Now saying all that, if you ask are there women out there that can beat/dominate men in physical activities? My answer would be yes! But if we are speaking of the majority then men are stronger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 10:31 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,990 times
Quote:
If it were true it wouldn't be upsetting to hear. But women beat men all the time. The evidence is there if you want to see it, but I bet you don't have the stones to watch.

All the videos you are posting are of matches that mostly involve skill and technique. No basic street fighting where anything goes.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:51 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Don't most cops now have those collapsible metal-batons................BAM, BAM, BAM!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2015, 11:20 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,224 times
This is my favorite one, because the guy tries to escalate things using brute force and gets completely destroyed by the woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3lfTAo5qeE
But yeah, oh, OK, that's "different" and "doesn't count."

Old 03-09-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
All the videos you are posting are of matches that mostly involve skill and technique. No basic street fighting where anything goes.
Oh, that's a good one. Women beating men at fighting isn't relevant when it involves skill or technique. Oooookay.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:24 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
My instinct would have been the same. But isn't that why we have a police force...so we don't have to get messses with pieces of crap like her? Incidents of female officers needing help from the public are becoming more prevalent. This is embarrassing. It's also very dangerous for the public.

To begin with, that trooper should have known better than to position herself on the steps below the woman she was taking charge of. That alone gave the woman a sense of power over the trooper. Secondly, the trooper's long hair needs to go. Once the woman got hold of it, she controlled the trooper.

This incident never should have happened. It wouldn't have happened if the trooper was male with close-cropped hair.

It wouldn't have just been the hair.....I'm sure a male officer would have at least been able to control the female perp rather than her getting the advantage.

This goes back to the size/strength thing and the lessening of physical standards to allow females to pass testing but don't wanna rehash it here...a lot was discussed in this recent thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...le-police.html

Also, had it been a male officer (even in the same disadvantaged position) the female suspect may not have attempted what she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
I'm not going to touch the subject regarding whether a female officer can do a job as well as a male officer. That's something you and the other posters arguing about it can figure out. However, what they posted regarding the difference between strength levels between males and females is a fact.

No matter how many isolated YouTube videos or news clips you post that won't change. In general men are stronger physically then women. If you can't understand that simple concept then it’s really hard to take any of your other posts seriously.
It's called mass media brainwashing and any attempts to challenge it are met with being labelled "backwards" or "neanderthal thinking".....even though you're right.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:32 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,882 times
I don't think women should be barred from being police officers, but I also don't think the average woman is as strong as the average man. You take the average American woman and put her in a ring with the average American man, no one holding back, and the woman is going to get her ass kicked 99 times out of 100. Of course there are some women who can whoop lots of ass, but they're the extreme minority. Women like Rhonda Rousey are 1/100,000,000, not average. Saying women are as strong as or stranger than men is just silly. That's a sweeping statement that isn't born out by the facts. Women have a harder time building and maintaining muscle so they're usually just not as strong as men.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
I did watch the videos and they are irrelevant to what we are talking about.
Oh, of course they are, because we were talking about being able to hold their own in fights against men, and those were videos of women beating men in fights.

Must be tough for you guys, really, to have to find new ways of being relevant.

No one has yet tried to address the matter of the male police officers being killed in fights....anyone? Anyone? Anyone want to maybe recant their decision to call a cop an "embarrassment" for losing a fight? Or perhaps want to level those insults at the male officers who were killed that way? Hm?

Just want to insult the woman cop, then, I see. How completely not surprising.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:34 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,186 times
Quote:
Oh, that's a good one. Women beating men at fighting isn't relevant when it involves skill or technique. Oooookay.
More likely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRfCpQx_FDE

VETERANS DAY VIDEO | Female and Male Soldiers Fight Each other In Full Rules Bout | BJPENN.COM

Old 03-09-2015, 11:40 PM

Nope, nope, sorry, that's not what we're talking about, we're talking about street fighting. That was an organized fight with rules and stuff involved, not a "street fight" where anything goes.

In case you're not getting the sarcasm, that's the excuse posted on this thread for men getting beaten by women in MMA. If you get beaten in an organized fight, well, that's to be expected.

I do enjoy how the guy in that video is booed by everyone at the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events