Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 04:12 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times

Advertisements

Lots of suggestions for severe punishments being thrown out here. But if you really want to impose a penalty that will get their attention, take away their I-phones for 5 years or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 04:17 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Lots of suggestions for severe punishments being thrown out here. But if you really want to impose a penalty that will get their attention, take away their I-phones for 5 years or so.
Noooooo!!!!!! Not that!!!! Noooooooo!!!!!

Old 03-11-2015, 05:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
If you enter my time machine and allow me to take you back to any point in time, you will hear older people standing around talking about how there has been a major shift in whatever society we visit, which is essentially an accurate statement as societies tend to change through the years and as such manners and methods for showing respect change as well. In the USA, people with dark skin and women are treated very differently today by a majority of the population than they were even in 1970 for instance.

People not following your rules according to manners and respect does not indicate a lack of manners or respect it is just that they are adhering to a different set of rules than you are, even hardcore gangs such as MS-13, have rules in regards to manners and respect, but their rules are probably a little bit than yours are.

If you see somebody assaulting a senior citizen then please, if you're able do something to stop the attack, but this is not really the same thing as being silly in a place where silliness is apparently banned.
So, you enjoy having a picnic in a cemetery on a murder victim's grave? I mean, why not? It's just being "silly"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events