Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 06:02 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,767,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln ya
If somebody put That Money in my account, Im Cashing out, And moving! Far!
But they would STILL know who you are!!!!!

The best thing is to give it back... THEY DONT EVER MAKE A MISTAKE IN YOUR FAVOUR!! (W/o knowing it) It would be like if they SHORTED YOU..... You would say something right?? (If you were supposed to get $200 and only got 100 for example)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 07:33 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,807,650 times
I cannot believe how many posters in this thread condone or are sympathetic towards the fellow who took money which was not his.

Last edited by Felix C; 03-17-2015 at 07:43 AM..

Old 03-17-2015, 07:43 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,263,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I cannot believe how many posters in this thread condone or are symptathetic towards the fellow who took money which was not his.
It's truly scary.

I wonder if it was an employer who deposited the money if people would feel any differently.

I think people hate banks and that is clouding their judgement.

That or....we have many theives on this board.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:50 AM

21,426 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
It's truly scary.

I wonder if it was an employer who deposited the money if people would feel any differently.

I think people hate banks and that is clouding their judgement.

That or....we have many theives on this board.
I'm going to go with thieves, or at least a lot of people who don't seem to know right from wrong. It amazes me how many people feel it's fine to steal from others just because they have more than them. Work for your own stuff. If someone has more than you do, it doesn't give you the right to take it by force (or in this case spend it before they can take it back). I worry that these lines have been blurred so much.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 AM

21,426 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This should be a civil issue between the bank and the kid that spent the money.
What the kid did was against the law. He knew that money didn't belong to him, and apparently was ignorant enough to think the bank wouldn't figure out where the money went. That is stealing. A 70-year old woman lost her job over a mistake that really wasn't that hard to make considering the two account holders shared the same name. That woman is the real victim in all this. No one is going to hire a 70-year old for a new job. She probably could have kept her job if that kid had immediately pointed out the error to the bank instead of turning it into a criminal matter that probably got bank examiners involved. There are real consequences to this kid's actions.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:59 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,557,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm going to go with thieves, or at least a lot of people who don't seem to know right from wrong. It amazes me how many people feel it's fine to steal from others just because they have more than them. Work for your own stuff. If someone has more than you do, it doesn't give you the right to take it by force (or in this case spend it before they can take it back). I worry that these lines have been blurred so much.

I like the ones that consider it "found" money. How pathetic can you get. No wonder folks can't leave a lawn mower in their yard overnight, because some clown is going to "find" it, and consider it his because he doesn't know who it belongs to. These are the same people having kids, that arte going to be the future of this Country, or the lack of it, would be more appropriate. I can't imagine how a grown person would even write some of this stuff on a public forum. How would you like to live next door to one of these people. You would have to chain everything down, or nail it to something.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:06 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,055,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I definitely feel he should be ordered to pay it back.
10 years probation seems a bit harsh, though.
Same here. I saw the article but couldn't hear the video, did it mention him having some kind of record? I may have missed it. I saw it mentioned him later being caught with drugs but what about before this happened? I wondered that if he had a history of criminal incidents as a juvenile, it might have contributed to him being put on such long probation. I don't know the law.

Regardless, he definitely should have to pay it back. Like others said, he knowingly spent what was obviously not his. He's responsible for the loss of those funds. The bank is only responsible for misplacing those funds.

So I think the bank should be responsible for any financial loss the victim suffered as a result of not having the $30k in his account like it was supposed to be (e.g. if he missed any payments, ended up with any overdraft/late/service fees, etc.).

Old 03-17-2015, 10:25 AM

506 posts, read 424,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It is perfectly fine to steal from people and businesses that have more, after all the people that have more don't think twice about stealing from people that have very little.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:25 AM

14,379 posts, read 14,203,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
It is perfectly fine to steal from people and businesses that have more, after all the people that have more don't think twice about stealing from people that have very little.
I hope you really don't believe that. If you do, I really hope you don't have children and that you never do.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:31 AM

506 posts, read 424,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I hope you really don't believe that. If you do, I really hope you don't have children and that you never do.
I really do, I have children, and I'm currently in the process of teaching several children how to go about stealing money from the ultra wealthy. The good news is that the mentality that I've been teaching the children seems to be spreading rather quickly and I have many dedicated solders that refuse to live by the rules forced upon us by our wealthy overlords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events