Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 02:21 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times

Advertisements

If the "authorities" can't figure out who is who, have a hair sample tested for DNA. That will tell the gender of the person in question. That's it. The student is a boy or the student is a girl regardless of the clothing style the student wishes to wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 02:28 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
MALE legislators are totally clueless what Women's bathrooms are like. No urinals, guys, where your private parts are in full view of others to "compare". Women do their business behind CLOSED door stalls. Who the hell is going to see, or know, if a transgender is using a female's bathroom?

Get a clue, men. We females don't care what others genitals, or breasts, look like, which apparently you DO.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The rights of a transgender should never trump the entire school. What about the rights of the rest of the kids...the little girls who don't want to share their locker room and bathroom with a boy. Do they have rights? Apparently not. They don't have a choice either.
This was in Sodus NY.

According to the mother, her son told her he was a girl when he was "3 or 4." Now I would have said, "You're a boy, go put your pants on," but that's just me.

I have to say, I do feel bad for the kid, but this is a time in young girls' lives when they may feel uncomfortable with this siuation, yet the board has dismissed that concern in favor of making this accommodation.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:38 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Thank you for your excellent post. What is your opinion on Minnesota wanting to reverse their decision allowing transgenders males to participate in female school sports? Their new bill will not allow it anymore and I agree it does give an unfair advantage if someone in a male body is competing as a female. What do you think?
Can not tell you about the Minnesota rules but can tell you how it works in college sports. The current NCAA policy on trans athletes states in the case of male to female trans; if they are not taking hormone therapy they can only play on a mens team. If they have been on hormone therapy for at least 1 year they can play on a womens team. Science research and testing has shown that hormone therapy does cause a break down in physical strength which would take away any unfair advantage.

Female to male trans can play on either women or mens team if they are not on testosterone therapy. If they start testosterone therapy they must play on a mens team only, as they would become an unfair advantage over other women. That would be equivalent to a women on steroids.

Currently there are know open trans people playing NCAA, but there was one a few year back. Kye Allums played basketball. Born female, identified as male. At that time there was no policy concerning trans athletes so Kye was allowed to continue on a womens team barring testosterone therapy.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:01 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Can not tell you about the Minnesota rules but can tell you how it works in college sports. The current NCAA policy on trans athletes states in the case of male to female trans; if they are not taking hormone therapy they can only play on a mens team. If they have been on hormone therapy for at least 1 year they can play on a womens team. Science research and testing has shown that hormone therapy does cause a break down in physical strength which would take away any unfair advantage.

Female to male trans can play on either women or mens team if they are not on testosterone therapy. If they start testosterone therapy they must play on a mens team only, as they would become an unfair advantage over other women. That would be equivalent to a women on steroids.

Currently there are know open trans people playing NCAA, but there was one a few year back. Kye Allums played basketball. Born female, identified as male. At that time there was no policy concerning trans athletes so Kye was allowed to continue on a womens team barring testosterone therapy.
Thankyou for your post that make sense to me.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:41 PM

685 posts, read 720,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Transgender and transsexual are not the same thing and why do you exclude the possibility of homosexual perverts taking advantage of the law?

I think the LGB community should divorce themselves of the T. The issues are very different as is the science.

The FL law goes too far. You should use the restroom & locker room that your current plumbing dictates, not where you started.

Is there going to be similar law to keeps girls off boys teams?

What about Title IX of the Education Code? If a high school doesn't provide equal access to sports it is a violation of federal law. In other words, if a boy wants to play volleyball and the only volleyball team available is the girls team, by the logic of Title IX that allows girls to wrestle on boys teams and play football, boys should be allowed onto the girls.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
When a group of us were working to get domestic partnership benefits in an early Fortune 100 company willing to go the distance back then, I had a problem adding the "T" to GLBx. I didn't want to fight for them because we had enough battles to do. We had to include regular people not married and transgendered.

What in the world do you mean by homosexual perverts taking advantage of the law. It makes absolutely no sense. The guy shouldn't have been in the women's room.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:46 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Why does anyone care a single iota who uses what bathroom? You know, here in Canada there is no law at all restricting who uses what bathroom. If I have to go and the men's is out of order, being cleaned or whatever I just go in the ladies room. Why would anyone care?

Women do not want men going into their bathrooms for privacy and safety reasons, it is really that simple.

As to your comment, I suppose anyone who has a bathroom emergency can use the other sexes bathroom. However that is not what these laws are designed to prevent. Instead it is for casual use of men entering women's bathrooms, lockers, showers, etc.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:59 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The current NCAA policy on trans athletes states in the case of male to female trans; if they are not taking hormone therapy they can only play on a mens team. If they have been on hormone therapy for at least 1 year they can play on a womens team. Science research and testing has shown that hormone therapy does cause a break down in physical strength which would take away any unfair advantage.
Sounds like a PC compromise to me, assuming you are accurately quoting NCAA regulations. Men are anatomically different than females in other ways that hormone therapy cannot address, such as bone density/structure.

Any sport that physical size like leverage could be considered an advantage should not allow a man posing as a woman to participate in.

I really cannot believe our country has devolved to the point of even discussing such absurd notions. Homosexuals demanding traditional marriage be redefined, pedophiles demanding age of consent laws be lowered so they can legally have sex with children (like NAMBLA), trannys wanting to shower with women in locker rooms, 3+ people all wanting to be married together, etc.
I am just surprised no group(that I've heard of at least) is advocating for humans to wed their livestock so they can have sex within the bounds of marriage.
The degradation of America is upon us, and the slippery slope is being greased by liberals and PC brainwashed fools.

`

Old 03-11-2015, 04:49 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Given that:

1) Some 80% of "trans" are male to female, and
2) Women are the more privacy/safety-minded of the 2 "natural" sexes

...it should be common sense that physical males should not be allowed in women's restrooms. If it were the opposite (majority of "trans" were female to male, and wanted to use men's restrooms), it might not be as big an issue. As a male, I might be amused at seeing a female in a public restroom. I know my wife would have some choice words for any man she found in a public women's restroom!

Old 03-11-2015, 06:51 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
New proposed legislation against male transgender use of female facilities is coming up for vote across the country and one law in Minnesota opens up a new further debate of transgender males participation in female sports.

School legislation passed the Senate in Kentucky SB76 that forbids students from using the bathroom of the opposite biological sex.
Kentucky transgender bathroom bill resurfaces with amendments

A new piece of legislation in Florida by House of Representatives member Frank Artiles called the Single Sex Public Utilities Act would make it a crime for anyone to go into any public facility labeled for a single sex if they were not born a member of that same sex.
Florida Law Would Make It A Crime For Transgender People To Use Public Bathrooms

Texas has 2 separate bills on the same issue ( there have actually been 11 anti LGBT pieces of legislation introduced this year in Texas I will just mention these 2)

The first would make it a crime for transgender individuals to use the bathroom that matches their gender identity but not their biological sex. Bill 1748 introduced by House of Representatives member Debbie Riddle.
Texas Lawmaker Wants To Make It A Crime For Transgender Individuals To Use The Restroom That Matches Their Gender Identity

The other introduced by House of Representatives member Gilbert Pena is a school legilstation that would offer a $2000 bounty for anyone catching and turning in a transgender individual using the wrong bathroom and require school districts to adopt rules that say "only persons of the same biological sex may be present at the same time in any bathroom, locker room, or shower facility in a building owned by the district."And will offer alternative options for Transgender individuals.
Texas Bill Would Create $2,000 Bounty for Turning in Transgender Students Found in Bathrooms| Gay News | Towleroad

In Minnesota a new bill would take back provisions that had opened up high school female sports to male transgender students.Called the Student Safety and Physical Privacy Act. It states that " biologically male students may not participate in girls’ sports teams or use girls’ restrooms, showers, locker rooms and changing rooms." The legislators say this is not only and issue of female privacy and safety but also opened up the new issue of competitive fairness in sports.
Bill would roll back MSHSL transgender student-athlete policy | Hot Dish Politics | StarTribune.com

The Minnesota bill brings me to the new question if a person is male and decides they identify with being female should they not only be able to use female changing rooms but also be allowed to participate in female sports?
This is crazy.

I personally have no truck with "gender assignment," at least when publicly funded. If I have to relieve myself badly enough I'll duck into a ladies' room. If my wife has to go, and the ladies' room is full I'll guard the door and give her the key to the mens' room.

Nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events