Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 04:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The Planet Fitness case is opening up this and it's not good. That person wasn't even a transgendered person but a cross dresser. Sorry but if you look like a man and have a penis you are a man.
What if someone looks like a man, but isn't? Will there be genitalia inspectors at the door to make sure that the plumbing matches the appearance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 07:00 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What if someone looks like a man, but isn't? Will there be genitalia inspectors at the door to make sure that the plumbing matches the appearance?
Great point. I previously raised this question and have yet to be answered.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:29 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Great point. I previously raised this question and have yet to be answered.
Exactly, that's why I posted this link to which not one person responded.

Trans men in women’s bathrooms: Get used to it? | Montreal Gazette

Old 03-14-2015, 12:52 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Sounds like a PC compromise to me, assuming you are accurately quoting NCAA regulations. Men are anatomically different than females in other ways that hormone therapy cannot address, such as bone density/structure.

Any sport that physical size like leverage could be considered an advantage should not allow a man posing as a woman to participate in.

I really cannot believe our country has devolved to the point of even discussing such absurd notions. Homosexuals demanding traditional marriage be redefined, pedophiles demanding age of consent laws be lowered so they can legally have sex with children (like NAMBLA), trannys wanting to shower with women in locker rooms, 3+ people all wanting to be married together, etc.
I am just surprised no group(that I've heard of at least) is advocating for humans to wed their livestock so they can have sex within the bounds of marriage.
The degradation of America is upon us, and the slippery slope is being greased by liberals and PC brainwashed fools.

`
Can't rep you again, but it would be +100 if I could.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Quite a few people care obviously.

I try and see all sides of it, and all sides have some valid points.

If a guy is dressing like a chick and telling people he identifies with being a woman just to be a pervert, that is a problem and I can see cause for concern.

But if a guy is dressing like a woman, and telling everyone he identifies with being a woman, and actually does, then I see the point too. I also see the concern for that person by going into the bathroom of their birth gender.

We have female football players on a local football team right now. At first a few of the good ole boys threw a fit, till they saw the girls play, now everyone's ok with it, lol.

Actually, that's not true. FHRT can and will alter male bone density, and in the case of large boned males making the change over, it can be very risky in the long run due to more aggressive bone issue occurring.

Your last statement, outrageous, and insulting.

Not all women's bathrooms have stalls; and if the stalls do have door, they don't always work.

No Mother wants to take their small or teenage girls into a bathroom and potentially be harassed and leered/lurked at by a pervy guy pretending to be a chick to be a pervert. But there a WORLD of difference between being a pervy poser, and being truly transgendered/transsexual.

There is a boy right now at my 15yr old school (they were "boyfriend and girlfriend" back in 1st grade) that is transgender going through hormone therapy right now. He was almost expelled for using the women's bathrooms at school. Finally his parents brought his medical files to school, and during this mess all the female students started a protest in his favor to where the school agreed with the students and now he is allowed to go to the women's restroom without issues, he is allowed on the dance team with no issues, and in all his dealings with the school he is considered a female. Other than standard small minded bullsheet, he is not treated any different than any other girl at school, and in fact he is harassed a bit less than some of the other gay students.

I fully support the school on that one, cause I know the kid; and he really in his heart and soul is a female, that was born the wrong gender. He is 15 now and plans on surgery when he is 18.

Your issue is a whole nother kettle of fish that has nothing to do with the issue. But honestly, you are letting your son roam around free with no minder, you are WITH HIM in the bathroom, so (no disrespect at ALL here) for me, you are no different than a Mom taking their toddler to the bathroom.

As for the 2nd paragraph, if you are taking hormone therapy, it's not cause you are a pervert that wants to spy on the opposite sex in the bathroom, that's a serious medical choice, that after time, it's hard if not impossible to reverse. Especially more true post-op. I am much less in "fear" from a transgender/transsexual in the potty than some others that could be in there.

I called a chick out one night in a bar cause I thought she was a guy. She got pissy at me over it too. Well I told her she looks like a guy, no makeup, 0-3 high and tight, guy's pants and boots on, binded breasts, and a t-shirt that said "Wanna pet my rooster?" After I pointed that out, she was a bit less pissed, but still mad. Shortly after that, I saw her getting kicked out for harassing a group of girls.

As for the strip search thing, dunno. But I know all transgendered (pre op) persons in jail at our jail are in their own separate cell for everyone's safety.
If you are so supportive why do you refer to a transgender female as "he" fifteen times.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:55 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times
I think there is a pretty simple solution to this transgender silliness. If you have a penis between your legs (whether you were born male or female matters not) use the Men's Restroom. If you have a vagina (whether you were born male or female matters not) use the Women's Restroom. I don't care if you think your a man, woman, horse, dog whatever. All that matters is what is between your legs.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I think there is a pretty simple solution to this transgender silliness. If you have a penis between your legs (whether you were born male or female matters not) use the Men's Restroom. If you have a vagina (whether you were born male or female matters not) use the Women's Restroom. I don't care if you think your a man, woman, horse, dog whatever. All that matters is what is between your legs.
Of course as long as one does not expose whats between the legs, it is irrelevant. Know one will know for certainty regardless of outer appearance.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:19 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,041 times
Quote:
Of course as long as one does not expose whats between the legs, it is irrelevant. Know one will know for certainty regardless of outer appearance.
Um...no. Females in public restrooms, showers etc can sense - not unlike a cat can sense a dog - a man. Sometimes there is the rare questionable-looking person that you sense are okay, but still somethings not right.

Most times they may 'think' they look like a cat, but the cats know its a dog. If we are to believe that Bruce Jenner is persuing a cat-like existence, right now, he reeks of dog.

In a time where women fear personal physical harm, nevermore so than in places where we are most vulnerable, it would seem imperative that cats and dogs remain seperate. Its really for everyone's own good and safety.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 03-17-2015 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 03-18-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Um...no. Females in public restrooms, showers etc can sense - not unlike a cat can sense a dog - a man. Sometimes there is the rare questionable-looking person that you sense are okay, but still somethings not right.

Most times they may 'think' they look like a cat, but the cats know its a dog. If we are to believe that Bruce Jenner is persuing a cat-like existence, right now, he reeks of dog.

In a time where women fear personal physical harm, nevermore so than in places where we are most vulnerable, it would seem imperative that cats and dogs remain seperate. Its really for everyone's own good and safety.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
So in the case of that questionable person, how does law enforcement confirm what the genitalia is of one such person? How about when a male trans (female to male) who has had breasts removed and has facial hair enters the ladies room and someone complains there is a man in the rest room? Will law enforcement be permitted to do a strip search to verify genitalia? It should also be noted laws regarding sexual identity on state identification varies state to state. There are some states that will issue an ID showing the sex one identifies as even if their genitalia does not match. Not all trans individuals get sexual reassignment surgery, especially female to male.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:34 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
I don't think bathrooms are as big an issue as the locker room. Then they will know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events