Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 06:19 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
LMAO!!!, like we give a rat's ass about respect from you & other bigots alike. Get over yourself.
There you go........you have hit EXACTLY what I was saying ! You DON'T care about your image and that is the root of the black person's problems. You just fail to realize it. You think you should automatically get respect, that is not how it works.

You can continue to protest every time a black is arrested or shot by a police officer, OR, you can do what is really needed, and that is to change the way police officers THINK about blacks. If your community leaders and activists want to make black lives better those changes are going to come from within the black community itself, not from whites changing their opinions just because you march or protest.

I get tired of the worn out argument that "Whites are sometimes criminals too !" That statement is like a child saying "I know I am, but what are you ?" It makes zero sense. Don't worry about what other races are doing, worry about your own race and focus on the reasons you are not much better respected after all these years, and why so many of your young end up on a slab at the morgue.......at the hands of law enforcement AND other blacks.

"There is none so blind as he who will not see." If you think those of us who have these opinions are biased, so be it, but what we are actually doing is trying to help you overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of you having a better life. We all know the solutions.........more strong family units with a Father in the lives of their children, better education, less children being born and tossed out on the street to fend for themselves, and outrage from the black community as a whole over too many of your young people ending up incarcerated or dead before their 21st birthday.

You somehow think your race and problems are unique.......they are not. When the Irish came to this country they were branded, same with Italians, and Poles. But they worked hard, taught their children to respect others, and now they have the respect of everyone because we learned that they wanted to do the right things and live a good life. THAT is how you earn respect.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 06:30 AM

104 posts, read 83,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There you go........you have hit EXACTLY what I was saying ! You DON'T care about your image and that is the root of the black person's problems. You just fail to realize it. You think you should automatically get respect, that is not how it works.

You can continue to protest every time a black is arrested or shot by a police officer, OR, you can do what is really needed, and that is to change the way police officers THINK about blacks. If your community leaders and activists want to make black lives better those changes are going to come from within the black community itself, not from whites changing their opinions just because you march or protest.

I get tired of the worn out argument that "Whites are sometimes criminals too !" That statement is like a child saying "I know I am, but what are you ?" It makes zero sense. Don't worry about what other races are doing, worry about your own race and focus on the reasons you are not much better respected after all these years, and why so many of your young end up on a slab at the morgue.......at the hands of law enforcement AND other blacks.

"There is none so blind as he who will not see." If you think those of us who have these opinions are biased, so be it, but what we are actually doing is trying to help you overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of you having a better life. We all know the solutions.........more strong family units with a Father in the lives of their children, better education, less children being born and tossed out on the street to fend for themselves, and outrage from the black community as a whole over too many of your young people ending up incarcerated or dead before their 21st birthday.

You somehow think your race and problems are unique.......they are not. When the Irish came to this country they were branded, same with Italians, and Poles. But they worked hard, taught their children to respect others, and now they have the respect of everyone because we learned that they wanted to do the right things and live a good life. THAT is how you earn respect.

Don
Do you seriously believe that black people, as a race, care less about their "image" than people of other races? Do you not see that as, apparently, a person of a race different than black your very words here tarnish the "image" of your own race?

Old 03-12-2015, 07:24 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times
A fight broke out at the one by my house a couple years ago.... I think the ex wife got mad becasue the ex was at Chucky Cheese with the new girlfriend for the son's Birthday.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:18 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Until blacks start behaving like civilized human beings they will never have the respect they seem to want so badly. Yeah, I know not all black people are like these animals, but enough of them are to taint the image of every black person.

And they wonder why they are profiled ! When I saw the headline I knew who we were going to be seeing in that video.

Don
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I can only control my life, everything and everyone else is out of my control. But it's fine, I've pretty much come to terms with how society will perceive me.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:21 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times
I hope the employees that were attacked are compensated rather than compensating the absentee owners of the location.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:23 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
So until every black person behaves like a civilized human being, all of them deserve to be tarred with the same brush? Don't you think that's an unreasonable expectation given that there are plenty of people of every race who don't behave like civilized human beings either?

You might want to look up "confirmation bias."

I mean, seriously. There are PLENTY of crime categories where white people make up the majority of offenders even accounting for population percentages. Serial killers, rapists and arsonists, spree killers, embezzlers, sports event rioters, pedophiles, DUIs... Yet no one looks at a white person and automatically assumes they're any of these things or demands "white leaders" or the "white community" do something to control those lowlifes or everyone will assume every white person commits these types of crimes.
Hesster, you're making too much sense, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the thread so the others can get back to their bigoted nonsensical ramblings.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:25 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
LMAO!!!, like we give a rat's ass about respect from you & other bigots alike. Get over yourself.
You're going about it all wrong, you're supposed to impress him, live up to his standards, maybe shine his shoes and do a little dance too. Right Don?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:46 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
This thread is typical of our increasingly twisted society. Those who dare mention the skin color of the attackers, get verbally attacked.
Why? Are we not supposed to notice something as easily recognizable as skin color and race? Do you really want to dumb down the people to that degree...so we all pretend not to notice? ********* if you do.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:48 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:

Don
This. +1,000,000

Old 03-12-2015, 09:55 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
This thread is typical of our increasingly twisted society. Those who dare mention the skin color of the attackers, get verbally attacked.
Why? Are we not supposed to notice something as easily recognizable as skin color and race? Do you really want to dumb down the people to that degree...so we all pretend not to notice? ********* if you do.
Ok, when the next mass shooting occurs I'll be sure to give the "White community" my "advice" on how they can rectify the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events