Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:21 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

This is why white people, and some black ones too, don't want their kids going to black public schools. This is why white people move out of their neighborhood when black people start to move in. Case in point: Fergeson, MO. Its not a matter of racism, its survival.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:28 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yup and I bet you if this was 1982 others MIGHT HELP as in 1982 everyone had thier own minds (This digital stuff wasnt around yet thankfully to re-program people to thier wills)
Tell that to Kitty Genovese

Old 03-13-2015, 06:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Default Purple bra girl arrested

"Aniah Ferguson, 16, was identified as the hoodie-wearing assailant seen throwing haymakers at the outnumbered victim — and then stomping on her head ... The teen hell-raiser has a troubled past and a long rap sheet that includes arrests for stabbing her brother and beating up her grandmother, who took out an order of protection against her.... Neighbors said she has a 1-year-old daughter and severe behavioral problems."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2146819

Besides the coincidence of her name being 'Ferguson,' if it's true that she has a 1 year-old daughter, what a shame for the unlucky child.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:49 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,930,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
In a situation like that its very hard for people to get involved. if your alone and you try to break it up or help the girl then you easily can become a victim as well. I think that's why a lot of people don't get involved in melees like that.

I'm not saying its right but that's how some people think. I've seen situations where a brawl broke it and people try to stop become victims themselves, getting jumped, beatdown etc

^^^

Agreed.

I worked as part of a security team about 20 years ago in a popular bowling center. When brawls breaks out, you really have to watch yourself. I was caught in the middle during one brawl and ended up having to defend for myself. It's easy to control 1-2 that are fighting but when you get the mob mentally, they all think they are tough. We were all trained to prevent incidents and when it gets to a situation like you see in the video, we call the patrol police that is parked outside and the first thing they do is pepper spray to break it up.

They need to evaluate the history of the particular store and see if there are previous incidents. My first impression is that there are ways too many kids there. Did the store have policies in place to prevent loitering? If this store has a history, you bet they should be looking into.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:28 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
^^^

Agreed.

I worked as part of a security team about 20 years ago in a popular bowling center. When brawls breaks out, you really have to watch yourself. I was caught in the middle during one brawl and ended up having to defend for myself. It's easy to control 1-2 that are fighting but when you get the mob mentally, they all think they are tough. We were all trained to prevent incidents and when it gets to a situation like you see in the video, we call the patrol police that is parked outside and the first thing they do is pepper spray to break it up.

They need to evaluate the history of the particular store and see if there are previous incidents. My first impression is that there are ways too many kids there. Did the store have policies in place to prevent loitering? If this store has a history, you bet they should be looking into.
It is not just the mob. It is the parents as well. Even if the kid is totally wailing on a defenseless teenager and you pull them off and it is on film you may get charged with assault or sued. I hate to say it but the best thing is to call the police and witness.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:33 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Can this situation get any sicker?? Now the victim is bragging about being famous. Such a sad, sick culture.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2146897

Old 03-13-2015, 07:47 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Can this situation get any sicker?? Now the victim is bragging about being famous. Such a sad, sick culture.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2146897
She is only 15. I really am not going to judge 15 year old for something like this. Frankly it is none of my business.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:49 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
This video is absolutely appauling to see. It makes me irate!

To see these kids fighting like animals is beyond comprehension.

Seems the girl arrested already was arrested 6 times and once for stabbing her brother. Nice. 16 years old and already arrested. You have got to be kidding me.

Oh, I'd take care of her in about 30 seconds if that was my child she beat, maybe less.

I can already see what this girls future is. Her parents should be ashamed of themselves for raising such and animal.

It is really a shame that this type of behavior exists.

This is a another classic example why my parents, along with many other parents moved to staten Island or Long Island to raise their children, as to avoid these types of people, and thses types of situations

Whether this is politically correct statement or not, it is the truth.

This video made me sick.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:57 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I honestly am more disgusted at the grown adults standing around with phones, than I am the ignorant children ganging up on one girl. Every one of those adults should get their a**es beat like that girl was, maybe they will learn to help next time! As for the gang, put em down like rabid dogs. Once a person goes feral like that, jail won't help it'll only make em meaner.

While I can understand what you mean, think about it. I'm a middle age man, I could have snapped that chicks neck within seconds, trust me on that....but then I'd go to jail, over a low life animal like that. Is it worth it?, of course not.

I wouldn't have done anything either, least of all take a video. In fact, seeing that way this situation escallated, Id'a walked right out and went on my merry way. Unfortunetely in this day and age, we don't know if this piece of scum had a gun. I certainley wouldn't risk my life for her. Again, you have got to be kidding.

get it.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:08 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
My assumption before I saw the video was right, once again.
Stereotypes don't create themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events