Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 10:14 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL...ridiculous.

"I was too afraid to get involved".....yet they're able to stand there and film it no problem right? If you're afraid you remove yourself. You don't stand a few feet away and film it.

How about calling 911? You know using that device in your hand for what it was designed for, to make phone calls.
You can call 911 and then film. Also there are many reasons to be scared of getting involved, most not concerning your personal physical safety. While you dismiss filming it is a valuable tool. It is evidence of the attack that mere words could not convey to a jury and is also good evidence to find the attackers.

As for saying "You know using that device in your hand for what it was designed for, to make phone calls." this is just sheer ignorance. The phones are clearly designed for more than just phonecalls and studies have shown are used less for phone calls than other applications such as email, web access, texting, taking pictures and games.

If you are going to try to take the intellectual high ground at least try to know what you are speaking about.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:21 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times
Anyone notice a thread of commonality running through most of these "group-of-teens-beat-up...." videos?

Old 03-13-2015, 10:37 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You can call 911 and then film. Also there are many reasons to be scared of getting involved, most not concerning your personal physical safety. While you dismiss filming it is a valuable tool. It is evidence of the attack that mere words could not convey to a jury and is also good evidence to find the attackers.

As for saying "You know using that device in your hand for what it was designed for, to make phone calls." this is just sheer ignorance. The phones are clearly designed for more than just phonecalls and studies have shown are used less for phone calls than other applications such as email, web access, texting, taking pictures and games.

If you are going to try to take the intellectual high ground at least try to know what you are speaking about.
Is there any evidence at all that a single video-taper called 911 ? I doubt it. You can't really believe any of them taped the beating for 'evidence' in court; they taped for social media sites and their friends. Fortunately for LE, lots of idiots post crimes on those sites or sell video to media.

Five or six of the guys could easily have protected the girl, especially after she was on the ground.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:42 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
It's Flatbush Brooklyn. What do you expect? Savages will be savages!

EXACTLY!

Old 03-13-2015, 10:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
When you did that, they would go "ow, ow, ow". Or in sitcoms or movies. Here, it looks like if you tried that, they would all turn their attention on you and start pummeling you. No, one should be more clever about this. However, calling 911 should've been a no brainer.

Someone mentioned how in parts of China, you'll see people ganging up on a person and beating him. If you try to help him, every one will then turn on you, including the guy getting beat up. It was staged to lure you in.
In China, you can't even stop to help someone who was run over on the street. Because it's a common ploy to then blame and sue the good samaritan.

People basically have to be sociopaths nowadays.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:07 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Police say they can't do anything because amazingly, nobody has filed a complaint. What a sick, dysfunctional, broken sub-culture.

Teenager arrested after she and gang of girls were caught on video violently beating fellow student inside a McDonald's as police reveal victim refuses to cooperate with their investigation
WTF?

I can understand not wanting to take the risk of physically intervening, but how hard would it have been to call 911? To file a report? NOT actively egging on the attackers??

All of these things would have been easy things to do that pose nearly zero risk to their person.

Well, at least these cowards have filmed proof of their refusal to take action. I hope someone finally steps up to file a report so that the attackers AND the apathetic (emphasis on pathetic) bystanders can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:16 AM

722 posts, read 1,328,797 times
I noticed thats how people people fight in urban areas or large cities, they always gang up on a person

even the smallest weakest type person that would normally not stand a chance in a one on one fight will use their numbers to fight a single person

they seem to get wilder and crazier the bigger the group

people tend to be much braver with a large group, thats why it's best to avoid crowds, especially if your alone.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:27 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
I really am amazed at how the victim could stand her ground so well with that gang of thugs attacking her. She is one tough girl, but no one could handle those odds. Seems the spectators really enjoyed seeing the white girl get beat up. So much hatred out there against white people these days. I guess the media has got everyone thinking the entire USA is Ferguson and everyone is racist? We sure are going back in time due to the massive media blitz on racism and dividing black and white people. As they say, divide and conquer. Those powerful people LOVE when the masses fight amongst themselves. What a shame, but there is no stopping it now.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:28 AM

828 posts, read 908,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
I noticed thats how people people fight in urban areas or large cities, they always gang up on a person

even the smallest weakest type person that would normally not stand a chance in a one on one fight will use their numbers to fight a single person

they seem to get wilder and crazier the bigger the group

people tend to be much braver with a large group, thats why it's best to avoid crowds, especially if your alone.
That's called being a coward. Losers that need a "group" to show how tough they are.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:30 AM

626 posts, read 903,182 times
Sorry I wouldn't attempt to intervene. I would hawl ass out of there so fast... (then again I have no business in BK, except to get the LIRR at Atlantic Terminal). I wouldn't even want to witness anything. They are a bunch of disgusting little savages with no damn home training. They have no respect for themselves or others. According to the article neither parent nor child is willing to corporate with the police. Why am I not surprised? It's probably some gang initiation crap because according to the latest news the "victim" is bragging on facebook about her new found fame. This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Damn shame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events