Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 12:46 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Please go back and read my posts. All of the conclusions I've come to have been based purely on (predictable) experience. Ask any teacher who works in a predominantly black school what they think. Two of my closest friends are jumping ship because those kids are so disrespectful. The point is there are reasons why stereotypes exist and remain. Of course there are exceptions to everything but if a large enough percentage of a group does x behavior, others are naturally going to associate that whole group with x behavior. Right or wrong, that's not going to change until the group has less behavior x going on.
I know teachers who work in some of the most horrible schools out here in Philly and what they've told me is that the issue is largely about the environment. The kids come from so much trauma and that trauma effects them and they bring it to the school. The trauma is sexual abuse, physical, violence, drugs, and poverty. All the things they are witnessing around them in the environment. Because again like I said most people are a product of their environment. These same teachers that I know never have made claims about race but more so about the environment and the culture embedded within that environment and those that inhibit it. Furthermore these schools often have lack of funding and resources, and too many kids and not enough teachers.

I'm not going to counter your personal experiences because I can't but I can say that my personal experiences as a black person--that did not grow up in that environment but that knows plenty who have as well as tons of other black folks--says that it's a class problem and not solely tied to race. And that these types of issues will occur amongst other groups living in the same Conditions within a city or urban environment. And the mentality of those living within those environments will be passed on to off springs and will factor into the decisions they make. And if they continue to have the same mentality even once they get out it will result in similar behaviors, beliefs and values that they had when they lived in the hood.

Now you are entitled to feel anyway you want about blacks. Most could care less what you think and that is why they treat you the way they do at your job. If you want to vent online to express your hatred and negative experiences because it makes you feel better about your crappy work life than by all means continue on. If you want to post your silly conclusions formulated on personal antedotes then do it. But venting on here isn't going to do anything to change your situation or the people involved. If I didn't like a group of people I wouldn't put myself in situations where I had to deal with them or even discuss them. They wouldn't even be an afterthought. The energy infused in this thread by some of the same posters that always say the same things about blacks is very interesting.... All that focus when they could be living their lives.., what a shame.

Meanwhile most of us black folks still love being black and I don't and won't change a thing about myself to appease white folks like yourself who lump all of us collectively into the same culture(despite the fact that there are subcultures within the black culture and that not all if us adhere to the same subcultures). You don't like our ways and don't want to be around us then don't. But most of us will continue to live our lives without thinking twice about what you want us to change or do.

Last edited by Faith2187; 03-17-2015 at 01:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 01:02 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Really heinous crimes can happen anywhere.
No $_hit really ? LOL
If you read the original post , I saw this while watching the news, and I happen to be somewhat local to the area. That is why I posted it. So what was your point ?

Old 03-18-2015, 12:48 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
if only MI had the death penalty. maybe it would deter a large percentage from committing such crimes
Probably. Texas has the death penalty and no one has committed murder there in over 100 years.

(Not really.)

Old 03-18-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Probably. Texas has the death penalty and no one has committed murder there in over 100 years.

(Not really.)
Again, it isn't about deterrence, it is about eliminating the garbage.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:39 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,762 times
Detroit police investigate more than a dozen murders in a week - Fox 2 News Headlines

Old 03-19-2015, 06:56 AM

You beat me to it, I was just going to post this. Although we can see Thug Life isn't just here in Detroit. Look at the outstanding sample of a citizen Ryan Giroux that went off in Arizona. Thug life is a disease in our society that is running rampant.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:28 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I work in the airline business in Atlanta. These are good paying jobs, and at least 60-70% of my coworkers are black. I just transferred from a majority white office to a majority black office-- same job, just different office. There is a definite difference in culture here-- little accountability, no teamwork. Correcting errors earns cries of harassment and racism! In my previous office we all respected each other and worked together. The values of this new office (mind you, about 400 employees so it's a reasonable sample size) run parallel to the values of many in the black community-- no accountability or discipline. This is real life, and the reason many of us feel the way we do.
Yep, that's it. You hit the nail right on the head! Most still have not brought their standards up past the second class mentality status. In most majority Black companies, it seems like no one is in charge because the head person (Black) usually doesn't keep a tight rein on what is happening in the ranks under them sometimes due to being too busy juggling five jobs within in the company instead of holding the five people hired for those tasks to be responsible and accountable. The bar is way too low.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:50 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Default Dollars can be replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNHot75 View Post
End welfare and let survival of the fittest take place. I guarantee you a certain demographic will die off. We are tired of the constant crying by a certain demographic. We have spent trillions on them and what do we have to show for it. I want our money back.
You have spent trillions? You're lying. The thing about money is it can be replaced. Killing, lynching, destroying and damaging of a people's psyche and family messes up a human so badly that they can not replace the loss, deep feelings of rejection, and self hatred that has been hoisted upon them. If America has spent a lot on Blacks, Blacks have given 7x as much to this country in blood, sweat, and tears and is the backbone of how this country became wealthy and great after its conception. Blacks families separated, black parents sold from children, broken-hearts, fear, terror, and a violent death the human price paid for this country to succeed as a young, new country. Without the human labor that Blacks provided, this country would not have become as wealthy as early as it did. There was no country giving money to the US to keep it afloat like the US gives to Israel, Palestinians, etc. There are no freebies in life.

America's slavery system lined the country's pocket so any money that the government has spent on African-Americans from 1970's onward, consider it as the country paying back a 200+ year loan to a certain demographic to which it is deeply indebted. That is what enabled you and ancestry to enjoy the privileges that you do (and they did) as a White person in this country. You should be thanking a Black person that next time you see one instead of ranting about some money that "we" spent. Most Blacks are employed so the taxes they paid have been spent on Whites, other Blacks, Israel, Palestinians, other Middle Eastern countries, some African countries, etc. Black people are also a part of the "we" whose tax money has gone to other Blacks and Whites as well.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 03-20-2015 at 11:59 PM..

Old 03-21-2015, 12:22 PM

922 posts, read 806,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
You have spent trillions? You're lying. The thing about money is it can be replaced. Killing, lynching, destroying and damaging of a people's psyche and family messes up a human so badly that they can not replace the loss, deep feelings of rejection, and self hatred that has been hoisted upon them. If America has spent a lot on Blacks, Blacks have given 7x as much to this country in blood, sweat, and tears and is the backbone of how this country became wealthy and great after its conception. Blacks families separated, black parents sold from children, broken-hearts, fear, terror, and a violent death the human price paid for this country to succeed as a young, new country. Without the human labor that Blacks provided, this country would not have become as wealthy as early as it did. There was no country giving money to the US to keep it afloat like the US gives to Israel, Palestinians, etc. There are no freebies in life.

America's slavery system lined the country's pocket so any money that the government has spent on African-Americans from 1970's onward, consider it as the country paying back a 200+ year loan to a certain demographic to which it is deeply indebted. That is what enabled you and ancestry to enjoy the privileges that you do (and they did) as a White person in this country. You should be thanking a Black person that next time you see one instead of ranting about some money that "we" spent. Most Blacks are employed so the taxes they paid have been spent on Whites, other Blacks, Israel, Palestinians, other Middle Eastern countries, some African countries, etc. Black people are also a part of the "we" whose tax money has gone to other Blacks and Whites as well.
The United States only became wealthy after World War 2. Truth be told, the only reason Slavery was abolished was because the practise of slavery was holding the country back ECONOMICALLY. Lincoln wanted to industrialize the country, the North was already industrialized while the South was inefficient due to slavery.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:03 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,762 times
Now it's the lady who killed her two kids and jammed them in the freezer...not to mention the suburbs like Clinton Township who have had two party store owners gunned down in a year.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events