Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 04:09 PM

685 posts, read 720,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
From Article 2 Section 2 of the US Constitution
"He [The President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur,..."

Obama does not wish to call it a treaty in order to bypass the Senate completely from the deal he is trying to make with Iran. Hence the Senators felt it was their duty to remind the Iranians that without their consent and concurrence, Obama can't make a lasting deal.

No treason was committed.
Who can make a lasting deal? Seriously. We're so corrupt it's impossible. But the GOP's constant disrespect and idiocy is polarizing me! I don't care about parties and would feel the same way if the Pres. I think were the worst - GWB and Reagan were constantly tossed aside by one party who took matters into their own hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 04:17 PM

685 posts, read 720,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Sorry, I only got this far and then hysterical laughter prevented me from finishing the rest.

I am sure the irony of Obama ignoring the checks and balances of the Constitution that caused this move by the GOP Senators doesn't strike you.

No, of course it doesn't.
Your pattern is at least consistent. I write and you knock. I don't have your track record. I could say more but this is sufficient. You misread and misinterpret or do what you want despite the facts.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:26 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut001 View Post
....Congress is still at a low rating for obvious reasons.
But people hate everyone else's members of congress. They have a remarkable ability to vote for their incumbent Senator or Representative if no matter what the polls say. This is where the problem lies and it will always be this way as long as people argue that one party is better than the other.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:29 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Who can make a lasting deal? Seriously. We're so corrupt it's impossible. But the GOP's constant disrespect and idiocy is polarizing me! I don't care about parties and would feel the same way if the Pres. I think were the worst - GWB and Reagan were constantly tossed aside by one party who took matters into their own hands.
The President can't just grant himself new powers just because he can't get along with the Congress.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
That's the focus - the GOP once again undermining the President from his first State of the Union to this.
You have to rewrite the Constitution if you don't want to "undermine" the President. I wouldn't worry about the GOP much. Deceitful and backstabber are a few words that the Supreme Leader has already used for Obama. What is a letter gonna do?

Old 03-13-2015, 05:06 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
I prefer to think of "Executive Actions" more like this; "HA! Suck on this, why don'tcha?"

Old 03-13-2015, 05:14 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,393,839 times
Quote:
I'll ignore your first sentence since it makes no rational or logical sense. The government is set up into three sections to maintain a semblance of checks and balances. Obama came into the government as the first black President. As soon as that happened, Congress divided and it was obvious.
His intentions have been clear from day one. He has no respect for this country, its laws and no respect for state sovereignty.

Quote:
Voting did change things. The GOP is farther apart on their ideas than I can remember in my history. The GOP has one consistent message for the Pres and that is they'll do anything in their power (legal or not), to attempt to have Obama come tumblin' down. A black man is elected and the crazies filled with power and hatred come filing in to bring him to his knees because he's a black man.
If it was really "because he's a black man" there would have been multiple vague sources leaking KKK connections, emails, phone calls and letters attempting to expose the "racist neo-Nazi" pasts of each and every member of Congress just as they've done to Ferguson PD. So far, little if any reliable information has surfaced.

Quote:
Dialogue is well under way and if nothing changes, the onus falls on Congress and their cronies.

I'm white, Jewish, a senior, (deaf now), and thought I had seen enough sliminess in Congress to last a lifetime. Now, I wish I was black ...
This is a key piece of information.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:17 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,393,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Wait, do you watch Fox News all day?
Do you people copy and paste these insults?

Old 03-13-2015, 05:24 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,409 times
Thumbs down GOP going straight to Iran

What a mindless, immature move on the part of those 47 GOP senators.

The reason North Korea developed nukes is because we couldn't get an agreement to keep them from doing it. BTW, that occurred under a GOP administration and GOP congress. Now that we're negotiating an agreement to keep Iran from becoming nuclear, these bozos are doing their best to blow up the negotiations, all out of irrational hatred of the president.

They're now in the same category as Jane Fonda.

It's just dumb.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:41 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
we aren't trying to stop iran from getting nukes. we are trying to get in a war with iran. if you want to maintain a trillion dollar military and all of your "enemies" are thousands of miles away, you need to drum up fake enemies to fight. Afghanistan never did anything to America and never planned on it. Iraq never did anything to America and never planned on it. iran has no intention of attacking America but the GOP is desperate to justify all that military spending so they label iran a member of the "axis of evil" even though we are the ones going from country to country murdering hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events