Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:23 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Hard to stay on topic when the only topic ..or more correctly... is the anti police bias several posters exhibit...
I never see the thousands of successful contacts and interactions police have everyday ...or all the appropriate uses of force that occur... including some of the above spouted off about

As a sociological study it would be interesting to know what bias the man that ended up dead in this original thread had....

There has never been a case in my career where a citizen has ever called in saying..please send an officer..I'm having a nice day.. just wanted to share..

Nope... we respond to your problem ... the problem you created or are a part of.... note emphasis on you. It is refreshing to deal with "real" victims and provide them with service ... but usually it is service to "you"... the problem...

Whaas meter really loud today from people with no real world answers and who tap on little keys... while someone like me knocks on your door saying.. hi.. you called.. what seems to be the problem?... how it goes from there is your choice and generally within your control.. unless I'm obligated by law to do something.. such as in this case with potential domestic violence...

A little better understanding of law might help for the police haters on here.... instead of what some internet lawyer or whackjob website told you

I'll effect positive change in my community today.. police haters will tap on the keys between tokes...at least for those of you that do... funny.. is there a correlation?
Or... am I wrong?
All I hear is Police hater over and over and over. Quit whining.

Try a new line. Better yet, try a new profession. Your mentality is dangerous.

Every response from you is a freaking book. An aimless rant at EVERYTHING but the topic at hand. I think I'll ignore you too. Except when something needs to be cleared up.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:36 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Besides the victim's family. They're witnesses.

Beside the wife claiming her husband was repeatedly beaten and kicked while lying face down, yes there are other witnesses who called the police in the first place

I haven't seen the contrary. But I haven't dived into this case as thoroughly as others. Do you have the witnesses who back up the officer's account?
The witnesses is in the police report. The family also had a private autopsy and that didn't even mention any injuries from being beaten and kicked repeatedly as the wife claimed. Since this happened over a year ago, I still haven't found one witnesses statement made public to news or anywhere that say yes that man was beaten and kicked by 5 officers

Old 03-19-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
The witnesses is in the police report. The family also had a private autopsy and that didn't even mention any injuries from being beaten and kicked repeatedly as the wife claimed. Since this happened over a year ago, I still haven't found one witnesses statement made public to news or anywhere that say yes that man was beaten and kicked by 5 officers
The person who called the Police, called because of an altercation between a mom and daughter. The man was not involved. He had not committed a crime before being arrested.

Here's you go...

The report also states that "he stopped breathing" at the scene but "he was stabilized" at the hospital, where Rodriguez eventually "stopped breathing again and died" after receiving a CT scan.

DA: Moore Officers Clear In Death Of Luis Rodriguez - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

In the DA's opinion, a Warren Theater security footage shows an officer using knee strikes and other active counter measures to release Rodriguez's arms so he could be handcuffed. Mashburn says this is an appropriate law enforcement technique, and while that did result in bruising to Rodriguez, the DA says it did not contribute to his death.

Five officers are all piled on top of Luis Rodriguez as he's gasping for air and claims he can't breathe.

A lot like Eric Garner

Old 03-19-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
The person who called the Police, called because of an altercation between a mom and daughter. The man was not involved. He had not committed a crime before being arrested.

The altercation was the mom hitting the daughter. This also happened at 1am in a parking lot. While he wasn't the one that hit the daughter, he was still part of it. The man refusal and aggressive stance caused this. He also wasn't arrested. He was being detained when he resisted

Here's you go...

The report also states that "he stopped breathing" at the scene but "he was stabilized" at the hospital, where Rodriguez eventually "stopped breathing again and died" after receiving a CT scan.

Stopped breathing because of bad heart and resisting officers

DA: Moore Officers Clear In Death Of Luis Rodriguez - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

In the DA's opinion, a Warren Theater security footage shows an officer using knee strikes and other active counter measures to release Rodriguez's arms so he could be handcuffed. Mashburn says this is an appropriate law enforcement technique, and while that did result in bruising to Rodriguez, the DA says it did not contribute to his death.

Which is what I said before there is no evidence he was being beaten and kicked repeatedly like the wife claimed

Five officers are all piled on top of Luis Rodriguez as he's gasping for air and claims he can't breathe.

They were not all piled on top of him.

A lot like Eric Garner
That is nothing like Eric Garner. You are starting to show your bias now

Old 03-19-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
All any of these posters has to do is watch the video and read the links to disprove you.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:54 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
A lot like Eric Garner
Similar in that they both resisted arrest.
Pssst...don't fight the cops.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Similar in that they both resisted arrest.
Pssst...don't fight the cops.
Similar in that both were arrested with no charges. And both died to the amount of force used by the officers.

The DA has already stated in this case that the Police did not use proper procedure.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
All any of these posters has to do is watch the video and read the links to disprove you.
I watched the video days ago and read the story when this thread was made. It doesn't look anything like that and doesn't even show the man getting beaten and kicked repeatedly like the wife claimed

Old 03-19-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Similar in that both were arrested with no charges. And both died to the amount of force used by the officers.

He died from a heart attack that he caused from resisting. He also wasn't arrested. Try not putting your own spin on things. He was being detained and he knocked an officer down.

The DA has already stated in this case that the Police did not use proper procedure.
False!

"District Attorney Greg Mashburn said on Friday that he will not file any charges against the officers, saying they were within their legal right to detain Luis Rodriguez. He said the use of force by the officers against Rodriguez was justified and appropriate under the law. There is no nexus between illegal actions on behalf of the officers and Rodriguez's death"

"In the DA's opinion, a Warren Theater security footage shows an officer using knee strikes and other active counter measures to release Rodriguez's arms so he could be handcuffed. Mashburn says this is an appropriate law enforcement technique, and while that did result in bruising to Rodriguez, the DA says it did not contribute to his death"

The DA never stated that the police did not use proper procedure

Old 03-19-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I watched the video days ago and read the story when this thread was made. It doesn't look anything like that and doesn't even show the man getting beaten and kicked repeatedly like the wife claimed
You said the officers weren't piled on top of the man. The video clearly shows the men piled on top of him, with their knees in his back.

You said the man wasn't beaten, the freaking DA said that the video shows officers kneeing the man while he's on the ground and its not proper procedure.

By the way I'm talking to the public. There's no way anybody looking at this case objectively would have missed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events