Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 07:03 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,851,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
You know this story is over a year old right?
Yeah, but it spews the propaganda the Internet is all about. Find some agenda to make you feel like your life is meaningful and spew as much crap as you can to prove your meaningless point. The Internet is as bad as 24 hour news. Most of it is slanted to promote shock and an agenda. Not good for the human race to be so divided, but the powerful people want to divide and conquer. As long as people are fighting amongst themselves, they can take more and more.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:32 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINITRUCK83 View Post
It comes from the practice of 'good' cops standing up for 'bad' cops, no matter what. Like it or not, that's gang mentality. An innocent citizen shouldn't have to fear police. Don't try to tell me that police officers don't believe EVERYTHING they hear from a 'citizen' is a lie! Got cops in the family! At least one that shouldn't be allowed near firearms.... but he's a captain, go figgure.
A lot come from just plain cop hate. I know people that had zero bad experiences from police yet they spew anti-cop hate all based on what someone else told them. Just because some officers don't turn bad cops in doesn't mean all officers are this way. I don't call that gang mentality because you can find employees not saying anything when they witness an employee break rules/laws in every professional yet when it is referred to police it is suddenly gang mentality. Many innocent citizen don't fear the police. Some are raised and taught the police are the enemy for ignorant reasons.

"Don't try to tell me that police officers don't believe EVERYTHING they hear from a 'citizen' is a lie!" See this is the kind of stuff I am talking about painting all officers with the same brush. You can't even make a statement like that about all officers. Are there some that think that way? Sure, but not all

Just because you have cops in the family and they probably think that way doesn't reflect all officers.

Last edited by Devon011; 03-17-2015 at 08:12 AM..

Old 03-17-2015, 07:38 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,798,618 times
Private autopsy suggests asphyxia caused death during struggle at Warren Theatre | News OK

positional asphyxia. I admit it is uncomfortable breathing when pinned in certain positions. I am thin and in good shape too. Can imagine what it is like for someone out of shape weighing 300lbs.

I thought whoever cuffs a person is responsible for their safety. Well that is how I was trained 25years ago. Different service though.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:04 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Private autopsy suggests asphyxia caused death during struggle at Warren Theatre | News OK

positional asphyxia. I admit it is uncomfortable breathing when pinned in certain positions. I am thin and in good shape too. Can imagine what it is like for someone out of shape weighing 300lbs.

I thought whoever cuffs a person is responsible for their safety. Well that is how I was trained 25years ago. Different service though.
So, when another person was paid to review it, they "suggested" in could have been asphyxia?

Old 03-17-2015, 08:05 AM

The battle of the experts as we are all used to seeing since OJ.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:17 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
The battle of the experts as we are all used to seeing since OJ.
In general, I tend to trust the county coroner, who doesn't need clients, over a private, paid to testify, expert that does.

BTW, did the consultant say that it could not have been a heart attack brought on by the stress of the event and it was definitely asphyxia?

Old 03-17-2015, 08:33 AM

Do not know. Internet blurb and that is that. It dates from Nov. 2014 and cannot find any other recent update for this episode.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:05 AM

18,754 posts, read 11,742,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well most of them have earned that dont cha think??
Wow what happened to make you so cynical? You do understand that most of the people who encounter the police have done something wrong. They are after all societies garbage men and women. I don't understand the mentality of hating someone for doing a difficult and dangerous job. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Way more people die at the hands of health care workers then die by mistakes made by police officers. I could tell you stories that would make your hair turn white over night. The next time you encounter a police officer be respectful, own what you did wrong and everyone goes home at night.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:09 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,090,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I love the cowards who post threads like this, yet when blacks and Hispanics continue to be murdered in record numbers by their own race, there's no thread, no outrage. Only when the evil police kill someone (deservedly or undeservedly) do we see the hypocrites and cowards come out of the woodwork. Where were all of you when blacks teens are shooting other black teens in St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta...each and every day? Where's your activism? Where's your middle school cap-and-gown photos of the "innocent" victims of gang violence?
I'd suggest you stay on topic and keep up. If you want to discuss the issues you brought up, the correct thing to do would be to start a thread on it.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:10 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,090,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, it's your opinion that police should not investigate domestic violence.

Listen up women and children, if your husband or father uses you as a punching bag, the cops shouldn't get involved. It's up to you to "man up" and handle business.

Yes, I know it was the mother who assaulted the daughter, but if the cops won't be investigated domestic violence, as it appears shyguylh wants to make policy, battered women and children should be ready to pay the price. Better a few thousand women get beat senseless than somebody have to show an ID after cops are called.
Except there was no report of a man battering his wife or beating his daughter.

And now that man is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events